Sharpeye Surfboards

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
PS the call was hilarious, amongst some other stuff he even tried to convince me the tail would be too narrow to accommodate the plugs. Enough gossip for today now haha
that's total BS. ive seen much narrower boards with 5 plugs

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
I just find it funny, I've seen more with 5 boxes than with 3. Even on their website model page. Maybe you wont run it that way, but I'd get what you ordered. Especially if you can wait.

Reactions: claw87

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
The mass exodus* from the Sharpeye team continues.

Miggy Poops just left and signed with JS.

*words embellished for dramatic flare

dcurbelo

OTF status
Jan 27, 2011
Atlantic Ocean
Paging @cjs2002 - do you miss the quad rear option on your cheat code? I've received mine today. It was supposed to be a tri quad but came as thruster only. Now I gotta decide if I'm keeping it or have them redo it. No extra costs for a remake, but no discount to keep the current one either. The sales guy told me Marcio wanted my board to be thruster only as the tail on this shape is rather narrow, I'm calling BS. At least they could have asked me :shrug:
It does look good to me.

ee128ba1-9135-4970-acbb-e09e1f10f765.jpeg

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
It does look good to me.

View attachment 168049
I was visiting last week, beautiful store and a nice selection of boards! that second hand cobra killer was pretty tempting, but the boardbag was full already. Are you the owner? If so, I think I've seen you surfing up north. There's a pic of me surfing one of your spots on the red tiger thread, maybe you recall. I'm gonna say hello next time around if you can bear talking to a tourist :)

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
The Synergy' is the perfect shorty for me. Makes whoopah's and whooshes so effortless. No one's ever described me as stylish, and never would, but this thing smoothes out some of my many imperfections.

I think it, and there the board goes and does the gwah and it's into the transition before my brain can catch up. I can see myself ordering this in different tails and lengths.

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020
The Synergy' is the perfect shorty for me. Makes whoopah's and whooshes so effortless. No one's ever described me as stylish, and never would, but this thing smoothes out some of my many imperfections.

I think it, and there the board goes and does the gwah and it's into the transition before my brain can catch up. I can see myself ordering this in different tails and lengths.
Nice! How big are you and how did you size it?

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Nice! How big are you and how did you size it?
  1. 5.10" x 183lbs in freedom units.
  2. 6'0" x 19 3/4" x 2 11/16" 32.85 L in mixed drinks.
The thickness scared me a bit, but I fell head over heels in the shop with it. I might experiment with a round tail in 6.0 19 5/8, 2 5/8, or even push that to a 6.2 for pumping days - we'll see

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
definitely want to try the synergy. has anyone ridden both the synergy and I72 and can compare?

nada2looz

OTF status
Mar 16, 2016
i'm about to order a disco cheater to replace a gg cheater quad. seems like the closest like for like without asking someone to make a gg copy. it's for the winter and i want to go more a bit more volume than the stock dims. was thinking a swallow tail quad with a half inch more width and touch more thickness. my gg is 6'6 x 22 x 3 and around 45L. i'm thinking similar dims but more like 40-42L. you guys see any problems with this? i haven't liked sizing up grovelers in the past but i also don't want a step up or good wave board either. just something for crowded dumpy hh beach break

Reactions: Havoc

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
i'm about to order a disco cheater to replace a gg cheater quad. seems like the closest like for like without asking someone to make a gg copy. it's for the winter and i want to go more a bit more volume than the stock dims. was thinking a swallow tail quad with a half inch more width and touch more thickness. my gg is 6'6 x 22 x 3 and around 45L. i'm thinking similar dims but more like 40-42L. you guys see any problems with this? i haven't liked sizing up grovelers in the past but i also don't want a step up or good wave board either. just something for crowded dumpy hh beach break
Hard for me to relate to those dims but they arent far off stock so I think you are good there. The DC has more top end than most grovelers but HH is about when I start to reach for something else. It does like steep beachies, just starts to feel a little too fast once the waves get above a certain height and power level.

Swallow tail and quad fin will probably help somewhat with the top end. Mine is squash and thruster only.