Pyzel Precious

sozzle

Michael Peterson status
Feb 23, 2009
5'6'' x 18.75 x 2.17 x 26.60 (keep in mind that the concave deck makes the thickness seem very thin for the volume you get)
how tall is Taro and is that a lot of volume for him compared to his normal daily boards? just trying to gauge off of him and Jai to get a sense of where to go dims wise.
are you riding one of these also? you've said before you like a bit narrower than your stock dims for your personals.
sorry for all the questions...:oops:

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014
order by volume has me on smethin real small? way smaller than nornal board 5’9 26L so this puts me on 5’4

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Had never heard of Taro. Solid surfing. Maybe it was the title of this video but he reminded of Andy Irons. Is he from Japan, Hawaii or California?

Reactions: sjlist

Pyzelsurfboards

OTF status
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
how tall is Taro and is that a lot of volume for him compared to his normal daily boards? just trying to gauge off of him and Jai to get a sense of where to go dims wise.
are you riding one of these also? you've said before you like a bit narrower than your stock dims for your personals.
sorry for all the questions...:oops:
Taro's short boards are 5-9 x 18.63 x 2.38 and 26.5 liters. I made his Precious same volume as his normal boards. I have not made myself one yet, but I will soon, not sure of the dims I will go with. I have been embracing my age a bit more lately (55) and adding a bit of width and thickness to help me out some!!

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Went into Byron yesterday and they said 2 weeks or so until they have them in the rack.

but $1200 for an OTR shortboard........oooofff.

Probably priced me out of the game.
Time for a Pyzel design/test writeup. Sweet talk Stu into it.

Reactions: waxfoot

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Taro's short boards are 5-9 x 18.63 x 2.38 and 26.5 liters. I made his Precious same volume as his normal boards. I have not made myself one yet, but I will soon, not sure of the dims I will go with. I have been embracing my age a bit more lately (55) and adding a bit of width and thickness to help me out some!!
You're a much better surfer than me, I'm guessing, but I thought age was nothing at 50. Different story mid and late 50s - and 60 does you no favours.

Reactions: sjlist and bvendley

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Went into Byron yesterday and they said 2 weeks or so until they have them in the rack.

but $1200 for an OTR shortboard........oooofff.

Probably priced me out of the game.
I feel ya. It's a sign of things to come.

COL getting higher so the price of boards is going up.

End result is going to be people buying less surfboards (or no surfboards i.e. quitting) and/or the barrier to entry will be just too high for noobs to get in the game.

Reminds of of the ski industry - created/driven by an older generation with not enough young people replacing them as they age out - because it's too expensive

The shapers like Burch who operate on the DeBeers scarcity model of sky high prices and limited production will be OK.

The rest of the industry is going to have to figure out how to keep afloat with rising production and labor costs amidst declining sales, which I doubt ends well.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise

End result is going to be people buying less surfboards (or no surfboards i.e. quitting) and/or the barrier to entry will be just too high for noobs to get in the game.

Reminds of of the ski industry - created/driven by an older generation with not enough young people replacing them as they age out - because it's too expensive

The shapers like Burch who operate on the DeBeers scarcity model of sky high prices and limited production will be OK.

The rest of the industry is going to have to figure out how to keep afloat with rising production and labor costs amidst declining sales, which I doubt ends well.
you must be really fun at parties

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia

Could use a few less peeps in the water.

• Wow
Reactions: One-Off and jkb