YOLO ALERTS

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I used FCS power twin , have some TAs on the way. Did have one wave where I moved my back foot to crank a turn and the board stopped. Other than that it was money.

See what everyone means about the small spot. Man is the sweet spot good though.
Are you really putting a pad on it?

BTW, I might try these in mine…

Big guy…out.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I would have padded the fook out of that
I’m kind of on the fence about it.

It just seems wrong to put a pad on an AO - but it is a dark arts build which all modern and sh!t.

Then there’s the whole foot placement thing.

If you put the pad in the exact right place you’re golden - but it will probably get you a Sad Pads honorable mention because the exact right pace is relatively far forward.

If you put it in anything other than the exact right place then may god have mercy on your sole.

Reactions: Aruka

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I’m kind of on the fence about it.

If you put the pad in the exact right place you’re golden - but it will probably get you a Sad Pads honorable mention because the exact right pace is relatively far forward.

If you put it in anything other than the exact right place then may god have mercy on your sole.
This.

I always put my pads way back so this concerns me.

maybe after a month when I know exactly where the sweet spot is
I have a tail block I might put on. Simple and all black.

Reactions: sdsrfr

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Ive had pretty mixed results with padding up twin fins. Even the HP ones.

My rear foot is going to automatically hunt for that kick so if the pad is too far back my rear foot will consistently be in the wrong place. Hard to overcome this for me.

My Plasmic EAST has a pad and its perfect but that board has fins placed far back and wants to be surfed like a thruster with a lot of back foot pressure.

Where ones rear foot should be in relation to the fins for turns is probably worthy of its own topic.

Makoman

OTF status
Jun 23, 2003
North East
Many years ago after having issues in the Southpac with melting wax on a carbon Aviso I swore I would always rear pad. That being said I've had a DA varial core AO twin for the past few years and still haven't padded it. I do feel as if it's very rear foot placement sensitive. I still haven't found the perfect fins (Futures) but the best so far have been Rasta twins. I've been loving NVS Album uprights on others but not sure they will be enough fin for an AO.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Many years ago after having issues in the Southpac with melting wax on a carbon Aviso I swore I would always rear pad. That being said I've had a DA varial core AO twin for the past few years and still haven't padded it. I do feel as if it's very rear foot placement sensitive. I still haven't found the perfect fins (Futures) but the best so far have been Rasta twins. I've been loving NVS Album uprights on others but not sure they will be enough fin for an AO.
Have you tried the True Ames TA twins?

They were, um, made specifically for that board.