Crazy Drivers Post Pandemic

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Perhaps this belongs in the mental health thread, but I hardly want to drive anywhere anymore, traffic and parking? Such a hassle.

Reactions: Chocki

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
People are just getting more and more impatient these days. I finally invested in a good dashcam because of similar instances. It gives me a little peace of mind knowing I can catch these folks in the act.
A friend's daughter just got a job in Police Forensics in Nassau County - Long Island NY. She said video evidence will not be admissible in court soon since it can be faked so well now. People even use it to fake alibi's. I don't know if there's any nuance to the future inadmissibility or not.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Maine sounds absolutely based. The Northeast/New England is behind California and the rural West for pure motoring joy.

In Florida post-covid there's more people, more stoplights, and a slightly higher percentage of people who never GTFO the passing lane.

The 405 in LA when it's moving is epic. The left lane is going 90, anything not going 90 will be hit at 90 and will go 90 until it gets scraped off the grill.

The USA's interstates need Germans driving those cop pickup trucks like the one in Nevada they battering rammed the protester roadblock with, where they do the Autobahn thing going 120 with the left signal light on in the left lane that means move or prepare for rear-end impact and involuntary acceleration to 120.

It's like the corporate guy in Avatar "The blue monkeys need to learn we don't stop."

The only crazy sh!t I've seen in Mexico was this year I had a female taxi driver from Caleta to Nexpa. Holy sh!t. Fucking Ayrton Senna qualifying for the world title mode activated with bald tires and I think we spent more time in the oncoming lane than our own.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Maine sounds absolutely based. The Northeast/New England is behind California and the rural West for pure motoring joy.

In Florida post-covid there's more people, more stoplights, and a slightly higher percentage of people who never GTFO the passing lane.

The 405 in LA when it's moving is epic. The left lane is going 90, anything not going 90 will be hit at 90 and will go 90 until it gets scraped off the grill.

The USA's interstates need Germans driving those cop pickup trucks like the one in Nevada they battering rammed the protester roadblock with, where they do the Autobahn thing going 120 with the left signal light on in the left lane that means move or prepare for rear-end impact and involuntary acceleration to 120.

It's like the corporate guy in Avatar "The blue monkeys need to learn we don't stop."

The only crazy sh!t I've seen in Mexico was this year I had a female taxi driver from Caleta to Nexpa. Holy sh!t. Fucking Ayrton Senna qualifying for the world title mode activated with bald tires and I think we spent more time in the oncoming lane than our own.
Had a guide down in Salina Cruz, first day drove slower than any senior citizen, said to the Jefe he does not need to drive slow on my account. The rest of the Trip was straight up scary, but fun. The dude had some driving skills!

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: PJ and Sharkbiscuit

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

I bet if you’d asked she could have come up with an 8ball on short notice.

China.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I bet if you’d asked she could have come up with an 8ball on short notice.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

In addition to wanting to spend a day with fun, small (for Mainland) surf tripping out of my skull on shrooms, I also wanted to try coke bumping during trip(s) to increase the psyche/amp factor.

Do you think it would have been any good? When I was like 15 one buddy had this one hookup and it was amazing. Said it was Peruvian pink and it had a slight pink tinge to it. Everything else was still marching powder, but not on a par.

I've aged out of the get-solicited-to-purchase demo and now I'm scared to ask anything beyond questions about tide or river sediment deposits or fishing/surfing related local knowledge.

???? I don't follow?

Reactions: mundus

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

In addition to wanting to spend a day with fun, small (for Mainland) surf tripping out of my skull on shrooms, I also wanted to try coke bumping during trip(s) to increase the psyche/amp factor.

Do you think it would have been any good? When I was like 15 one buddy had this one hookup and it was amazing. Said it was Peruvian pink and it had a slight pink tinge to it. Everything else was still marching powder, but not on a par.

I've aged out of the get-solicited-to-purchase demo and now I'm scared to ask anything beyond questions about tide or river sediment deposits or fishing/surfing related local knowledge.

???? I don't follow?
Yes.

China had the worst drivers I’ve ever seen. Hands down. And that was after living in el DF. I rode in a brand new Merc from Hangzhou to Shanghai and the driver got into four accidents.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
got into a car accident a month ago when some idiot blew through a stop sign and T-boned my car. He lied to his insurance company that I lane changed into his car somehow defying physics. luckily my dashcam said otherwise so not only is it his fault but the moran is now facing insurance fraud. fking idiots everywhere.

Last edited:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
People are just getting more and more impatient these days. I finally invested in a good dashcam because of similar instances. It gives me a little peace of mind knowing I can catch these folks in the act.
10 years ago, I remember watching crazy Russian dashcam footage and wondering what it was like to live in a society that was so low-trust that you had to install one.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
One thing I noticed that's weird, it's like everybody gets crazy on the same day. Sometimes things are cool. The day goes by without someone trying to kill me. Other days, it's like it's on all day long. I'll make it into the house and say something to the wife and she's saying the same thing. It's like some sort of mass psychosis every few days. Or maybe it's like girls synchronizing their periods in a dorm? They all go off at the same time. Oh wait. That'll probably get me canceled. Which might be a good thing now that I think about it? Whatever.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
With the Maine thing I'm not trying to be a dick it really just hits you in a "WTF is going on here?" sort of way.

I can remember some trauma nurses from Maine telling me about how disgusting it was cleaning moose remnants off patients that had plowed into them on Maine roads.

I didn't really get it until I'm driving up there in the mornings and evenings on the back roads and the locals are flying by me going 40+ over the speed limit.:crazy2:
When you live in the sticks you drive fast bc you can, I know I do. Just sucks when people feel that it also applies to residential areas, who’s speed limits I take very seriously

As for the hitting wildlife the solution out here is the Texas bumper. I asked someone what they were all for when I first moved here and was all that’s stupid. Why not instead of putting some ugly ass heavy bull bar on, put some badass looking off-road driving lights on and not hit anything to begin with??? So now with the tints and lights I installed my rig looks like a coyote’s stealth drug truck lol

As for crazy drivers I remember Belize City being completely whacked

Reactions: slipped_disc

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
One thing I noticed that's weird, it's like everybody gets crazy on the same day. Sometimes things are cool. The day goes by without someone trying to kill me. Other days, it's like it's on all day long. I'll make it into the house and say something to the wife and she's saying the same thing. It's like some sort of mass psychosis every few days. Or maybe it's like girls synchronizing their periods in a dorm? They all go off at the same time. Oh wait. That'll probably get me canceled. Which might be a good thing now that I think about it? Whatever.
Part of it is reefer madness. Cannabis makes you stupid and psychotic over time. We're not as bad as DC, but definitely in the top quintile:
1695223268259.png

• Haha
Reactions: ElOgro and Aruka

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Italy. Crosswalks are referred to as “theoretical no kill zones.” We took a taxi and the driver would literally drive onto the sidewalk and honk pedestrians out of the way. Red lights? If you can make it through you go.

As a friend explained to me, “In Italy laws are meant to be contemplated, not obeyed.”

ps and while I’m at it- Tesla drivers

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
agreed.

The things I see on the roads in LA on a daily basis are astonishing. I can go on and on with examples. Some of them are so flagrant and risky you have to assume the cars are stolen and uninsured because nobody who has to pay for their own vehicles would take such obvious risks.

I’ve learned that when I see these things to simply shake my head and not engage. I used to enjoy boxing in people who were swerving like idiots through traffic just to fuck with them. But now it’s just not worth it. If you’re in such a god damn rush, just go.

The one thing I can’t understand in the hood is how many young black males I see driving like they’re playing GTA. As an act of self-preservation you’d think they’d do whatever they can to avoid getting pulled over and having to talk to a cop.
LA is the hit-and-run capital of the US.

• Sad
Reactions: Chocki