*** Official Challenger Series Discussion ***

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I watched those highlights. If those were the best waves of the day, good lord, what a shitty day.
Sierra Kerr will be pretty gnarly, but that "air" was a joke, objectively.
Steph's 8 was hideous. Did the camera miss the start?
Her 9 was pretty sick.

I couldn't stomach watching the event as a whole.
I meant holy sh!t as in she beat a combo in 2min. Never seen that before. Maybe at Pipe with JJF.

I don’t know if those are the best waves of the day, just the only 10min I saw after my boy went to sleep.

I thought it was exciting. Yes Sierra air wasn’t amazing but at least she launched one, can’t say the same for any other competitors.

Reactions: Bob Dobbalina

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
Jackson may have the struggle Hawaii pros go thru. Surfing small gutless waves to qualify especially since no Hawaii CS events. But when the waves pump…..

Jackson's the same age as my oldest son and we've been follwoing his progression since he was small. Definitely rooting for him. He rips...

Reactions: teeroi

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Only if that means we stopping by your place
Flight wise it's a pain, somewhere to here, here to Mexico City, Mexico City to Huatulco. It's a pain without boards. That's the best. Second best is renting a car here and driving to @Subway points. Two day trip. Third best is the bus from here, fly back from there. Sadly, there isn't jackshit to stop for between here and there. You're welcome here, show up anytime. We've had people show up at all hours out of the blue, some old friends, some afoaf's.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Flight wise it's a pain, somewhere to here, here to Mexico City, Mexico City to Huatulco. It's a pain without boards. That's the best. Second best is renting a car here and driving to @Subway points. Two day trip. Third best is the bus from here, fly back from there. Sadly, there isn't jackshit to stop for between here and there. You're welcome here, show up anytime. We've had people show up at all hours out of the blue, some old friends, some afoaf's.
I would love to. And I will. Eventually. With a two year old now and another one planned (hopefully). I can't see doing that any time soon. Maybe in 10-15 years I'll ring you from the local bar and ask you for directions.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
You're relentlessly obtuse, aren't you.
I don't think you are that dim.

I gave you a like for like with hundreds more watching Kelly and following him up the beach, despite the rain.

We have sunshine now and heats stacked with CT surfers that no-one GAF about.
Lol. You’re attributing to Kelly. Why? Julian Wilson came out of retirement at this comp last year and, hold on, was in the heat right before kelly! I guess it’s not possible Australians came to see one of the best surfers from the region ever come out of retirement?

lol

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Unfortunate decision for Jackson to do the run around and MRod got two 8’s with the lineup by himself.

Good job Jackson equal 9th in his first CS contest.

Go Imai!!!

Reactions: surf-shot.com

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah, if there's three people out and two of them are @hal9000 .

Sign up for @Subway 's Oaxaca adventure if you want to do something off of the rock.
We are full sorry ;) assuming SOMEBODY not naming names sees a good forecast and actually books a flight and room

solid Crew. @Hardeaux and I both got cheap upgrade to first class from jfk to MEX. Most of you San Diego guys know tedfred, he is booked as well. Haven’t been on a trip with him since Flores in 09. Stocked.

Reactions: scdad and mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
We are full sorry ;) assuming SOMEBODY not naming names sees a good forecast and actually books a flight and room

solid Crew. @Hardeaux and I both got cheap upgrade to first class from jfk to MEX. Most of you San Diego guys know tedfred, he is booked as well. Haven’t been on a trip with him since Flores in 09. Stocked.
Seeing the forecast there and here:cursing:I am kicking my self for not moving some stuff around and jumping in on the new dates

• Haha
Reactions: Subway