Wheat is Murder

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Do any of you subscribe to the anti-wheat way?

Some say all kinds of bad stuff about having wheat in your diet at all.

From fully hampering your body's Bioavailability of vital minerals to "Wheat Gut" , which was the title of a bestelling book that started the modern anti-wheat movement I just wonder what all of you believe? I know a couple of you are well informed, finicky and generally opinionated about diet and health stuff everything so tell us what you think.

I read one thing you would think wheat was an American conspiracy and the cause of most of the Western World's woes as we know 'em, with our pussies You know what I'm saying?

Also, what's the temperature of the "I don't do the nightshades" philosophy in here?

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Since I kind of referenced a Smith's song(thread titles/Meat is Murder pun), I will leave you this

foray jumping off point, may you take it and run...
Ladies and Gentlemen, The Meatmen!!

Reactions: tacos and sponge

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Gluten is the cause of many autoimmune disorders. My dermatologist advises all her patients give it up whether it is causing skin issues or not. I suffered for years with eczema that turned into guttate psoriasis and as soon as I took her advise it is 95% gone.

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
It's not all wheat. I get (currently have) a little wheat gut, been eating bread...only fresh baked daily bread, nothing packaged. Pasta seems to not do this. I generally feel better when not eating much bread and most baked goods.

Reactions: Subway

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I'm sure there are people that have problems with wheat, but wheat was one of the first domesticated crops. Something like 10,000 BC. They have found evidence stone age humanoids figured out how to grind wheat with rocks. That's a LOT of generations that ate wheat. Wheat is in fact credited with the onset of human civilization. Corn rice or wheat. Your ancestors ate that sh!t through thousands of generations.

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
Since I kind of referenced a Smith's song(thread titles/Meat is Murder pun), I will leave you this

foray jumping off point, may you take it and run...
Ladies and Gentlemen, The Meatmen!!
morrissey didn’t kill mick ronson, david bowie did...

i hope my two most sensitive & caring fellow erbber saps (fecal&afoof) see and enjoy this vid. i’m sure deep down they are big sparks fans as well - not that they don’t really like meatmen...

:waving::waving::waving:

Reactions: tacos

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I read about people who have problems eating it here in the US but no problem when eating it in Europe :shrug:
That's interesting. Less of the wheat is processed or processed differently in Europe? Insecticides/herbicides differences? Lack of stress while on vacation in Europe?

Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I'm sure there are people that have problems with wheat, but wheat was one of the first domesticated crops. Something like 10,000 BC. They have found evidence stone age humanoids figured out how to grind wheat with rocks. That's a LOT of generations that ate wheat. Wheat is in fact credited with the onset of human civilization. Corn rice or wheat. Your ancestors ate that sh!t through thousands of generations.
Yup, people were domesticated like animals around 10k years ago. Forced into backbreaking labor and living in condensed communities where disease flourished. And if that wasn't fun enough, the people got to fight in wars for their masters, which was the entire point of domesticating them in the first place.

There's evidence that it wasn't actually that great of a lifestyle, however. These early civilizations only took hold where people couldn't easily escape, due to geography or other barriers.

The masses are still fed cheap calories, to fight and die in their master's wars, and to produce profits for the food and medical/pharmaceutical industries. We're still fed like cattle being fattened up for slaughter. We act like slaves with every bite.

Drama aside for a moment, the essential problem is that 10k years is not long enough for us to adapt to these grains, legumes, and nightshades.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Yup, people were domesticated like animals around 10k years ago. Forced into backbreaking labor and living in condensed communities where disease flourished. And if that wasn't fun enough, the people got to fight in wars for their masters, which was the entire point of domesticating them in the first place.

There's evidence that it wasn't actually that great of a lifestyle, however. These early civilizations only took hold where people couldn't easily escape, due to geography or other barriers.

The masses are still fed cheap calories, to fight and die in their master's wars, and to produce profits for the food and medical/pharmaceutical industries. We're still fed like cattle being fattened up for slaughter. We act like slaves with every bite.

Drama aside for a moment, the essential problem is that 10k years is not long enough for us to adapt to these grains, legumes, and nightshades.
You're a cartoon. :roflmao:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
You're a cartoon. :roflmao:
Certain plants produce compounds, as a defense mechanism, that we're not well adapted to. Nothing cartoonish about that, Sir. Also nothing controversial about it. We just accept the consequences (autoimmune, cardiovascular, and other issues) as normal.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

500ish generations isn’t enough :unsure: :roflmao:

Certain plants produce compounds, as a defense mechanism, that we're not well adapted to. Nothing cartoonish about that, Sir. Also nothing controversial about it. We just accept the consequences (autoimmune, cardiovascular, and other issues) as normal.
Except there could be a hormetic effect that provides a benefit.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
500ish generations isn’t enough :unsure: :roflmao:
Alcohol has been around for centuries. Are we well adapted to that?

There's also the problem of genetic modification. Take corn, for instance, it's genetically modified to essentially increase profits for food industrialists even though the modifications are less healthy. They know that people will eat it anyway. They're not in the business to make people healthy. They're in it to make money.

Except there could be a hormetic effect that provides a benefit.
Yeah, seems to be working out great, with all the fat unhealthy people in 'Merica.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
It's estimated that a little over 42% of American adults have obesity, while about 30.7% are overweight. Overall, more than two-thirds of U.S. adults in the United States are overweight or have obesity. Adults between ages of 40 and 59 are more likely to have obesity.
  • 47% of adults aged 20-59 years old reportedly used prescription drugs in the past 30 days
  • 85% of adults aged 60 or older reportedly used prescription drugs in the past 30 days
(CDC, 2019)

Yeah, we're obviously well-adapted to our diet, guys. :rolleyes: Cheap calories are yummy!