Moving San Diego

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I'd so get in your face then do absolutely nothing. Don't tempt me.
don’t be silly. we’d chow on some açaí and maybe check out the new vuori drop

behind the 7/11 in Cardiff, cannot imagine how much that would cost today.
these now go $3500/mo for a 2bd 1ba dingbat quick flip special.

enci isn’t even close to that cardiff cool. 10yrs ago the preflip places were struggling to fetch $1500/mo.

Last edited:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
don’t be silly. we’d chow on some açaí and maybe check out the new vuori drop

these now go $3500/mo for a 2bd 1ba dingbat quick flip special.

enci isn’t even close to that cardiff cool. 10yrs ago the preflip places were struggling to fetch $1500/mo.
I guess I am dirty jerz for life, paid off my place right before Covid. Now everything pretty much everywhere is super expensive.

• Sad
Reactions: grapedrink

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I guess I am dirty jerz for life, paid off my place right before Covid. Now everything pretty much everywhere is super expensive.
Jersey in fall and early winter. PR the rest. You good to go.

Reactions: mundus

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
I'm searching for 10'6" gliders on Craigslist ,or maybe I'll get into foiling.

In terms of crowds idk, I just surfed the sandbar on a Saturday morning. That's like 60 pros and japanese paddling all over one another to get a wave. Is it worse than that, or are we just talking about dodging idiots on the inside?

Reactions: oeste858

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

In terms of crowds idk, I just surfed the sandbar on a Saturday morning. That's like 60 pros and japanese paddling all over one another to get a wave. Is it worse than that, or are we just talking about dodging idiots on the inside?
Both good calls.

Dodging idiots everywhere.

Have you ever been in the area?

Buoy_maker

OTF status
Feb 20, 2017
When the surf sucks, the fishing is pretty dope. Yellowtail, bluefin tuna, lobster, white seabass, and last year the 10 million mahi season. Lots of clams here, but you’re following one here.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Speaking of, my second passion is fly fishing. I'm gonna head to Christmas Island for a week before I bounce. I've heard of surf perch, but don't ya'll have bass stocked in resevoirs?
trophy largemouth in our resevoirs but not sure about getting the on the fly. you can fly fish for perch, corvina, halibut in the surf. 6 hours away is a spot with great flyfishing for trout

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Speaking of, my second passion is fly fishing. I'm gonna head to Christmas Island for a week before I bounce. I've heard of surf perch, but don't ya'll have bass stocked in resevoirs?
There's good fly fishing up in the Sierras which is about 6 hours north of San Diego.

The nice thing about San Diego is there is a lot of other fun things to do. Just have to be ok with the surf being mediocre compared to Hawaii.

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014

[/QUOTE]
Check out those roy sanchez gliders . They seem well built and dont cost 2,000. Might be worse cause it will be crowded and you will be surfing low quality waves in comparison. Do you have a rental you are going to sublet In hawai?

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
I'm searching for 10'6" gliders on Craigslist
This is the way

As far as crowds it's actually way worse in CA, just because beginners clog lineups way worse than competent surfers. My kid was out at Pupukea a week or so ago with John, Kelly, Carissa, Steph -- 23 world titles total and like five more guys/girls from the tour, and he said there were plenty of waves. No one getting in the way, good rotation, nobody missing waves or wasting them.

Junk you have to go but CA is nice too!

Reactions: vanrysss