Tyre Nichols

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
what did I miss ?? )
You miss that fact that humans are by nature narrow framers even with the best intentions.

Your beef seems to be with people who don't believe racism exists.

I'm not one of those people.

Our desired outcomes are the same, I just think the American black race advocates methods will be ineffective.

Last edited:
Reactions: grapedrink

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
You miss that fact that humans are by nature narrow framers even with the best intentions.

Your beef seems to be with people who don't believe racism exists.

I'm not one of those people.

Our desired outcomes are the same, I just think the American black race advocates methods will be ineffective.
I got ALL that !! :) )

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The problem is is that it's not just the Leo creating this problem.

You have to address other variables.

Last edited:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The problem is is that it's not just the Leo creating this problem.

You have to address other variables,
I would beg to differ, ever since video became available we see how dishonest, brutal and corrupt LEOs are, of course there will be less respect from the avg citizen. This is all on the cops.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Good luck.
I know. That is why the problem will never be fixed.

I think a good strategy would be to chip away at the 30% of blacks that need help over coming the obstacles of structural racism.

Try to get that number down to 27%

But I see things going the other way.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I would beg to differ, ever since video became available we see how dishonest, brutal and corrupt LEOs are, of course there will be less respect from the avg citizen. This is all on the cops.
Trends not single events.

How many interactions occur every day?

What % lead to the person getting killed?

I was beaten by the cops.

I don't like it.

But I'm trying to see the problem clearly.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Trends not single events.

How many interactions occur every day?

What % lead to the person getting killed?

I was beaten by the cops.

I don't like it.

But I'm trying to see the problem clearly.
Happens far too often, usually covered up and almost never accountability.

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
you know yourself well !! :) )

I love these theological discussions !! )

How do you think this came to be ?? )

" The priests, in control of education, made the class division of society into a permanent institution and created a system of values by which the people were thenceforth, to a large extent unconsciously, guided in their social behavior. "

The American Civil Liberties Union reported that in 2014, Florida-resident black drivers received nearly 22 percent of all seat belt citations even though they made up only 13.5 percent of that state's drivers. Seat belt compliance was 91.5 percent for white drivers versus 85.8 percent for black drivers, a difference too small to explain the different rate of ticketing between black and white drivers[clarification needed]. The ACLU analysis showed that black drivers would have had over 14,000 fewer seat belt citations if they were ticketed proportionally to total drivers in Florida. The rate that black drivers are ticketed more often than white drivers is four times more in Escambia County, three times more in Palm Beach County and 2.8 times more in Orange County. In Tampa, black drivers received 575 seat belt citations versus 549 for white drivers even though black people make up only 23 percent of Tampa's population***
***TIP OF THE ICEBERG
!! )

this !! :) )
It is mostly cultural
While everyone at my school was either poor or at most middle class, their home lives varied widely
I became an advocate against homework as the playing field off campus is not something I or the student had any control over.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
George Floyd and Tyre Nichols were killed in Religious Ceremonies !! )

These Ceremonies (in a less dramatic fashion !! ) happen every day !! )

:)
Good point.

When you think about it...it's actually appalling.:sick::socrazy:

The takeaway here on police brutality is

a) happens to a white or latino guy it's a footnote

b) happens to a black guy and the cops are black...national attention with subdued response

c) happens to a black guy and the cops are white...obvious racism. Proof whites are here to dominate minorities, leaving blacks seconds away from a bullet point blank to the back of the head when they run a stop sign. Cities burn.
1000% done on purpose to continue to stoke the division

We were less divided in the 80s and 90s than we are now

I find the media's handling and portrayal of these incidents to be incredibly dishonest and incomplete, and they do so in a way that creates more social division, not less. It's gross.

Of course you can't, nor can I with the exception of 1 below that I heard of through a podcast. Yet when you look at the stats, there are cases of unarmed white men being killed by police in equal and sometimes greater number per year. Why is that most of us can easily rattle off 5-10 names of black men killed by cops, yet can't name a single white person?

This case was basically a mirror image of George Floyd and was caught on camera in 2016. Offficers never charged, although it seems that the might be now in civil court?
How come the vast majority of us have never heard of it? :unsure:

I agree 100%. This type of incident should be condemned and considered unacceptable in any context. However I find the media's handling and portrayal of these incidents to be incredibly dishonest and incomplete, and they do so in a way that creates more social division, not less. It's gross.
Do the scholarly purveyors of the UNFAIR MEDIA IS DEVISIVE theory really think

THUG rioters are more influenced by the media than EVERYDAY Racist "Law Enforcement" ?? )

The American Civil Liberties Union reported that in 2014, Florida-resident black drivers received nearly 22 percent of all seat belt citations even though they made up only 13.5 percent of that state's drivers. Seat belt compliance was 91.5 percent for white drivers versus 85.8 percent for black drivers, a difference too small to explain the different rate of ticketing between black and white drivers[clarification needed]. The ACLU analysis showed that black drivers would have had over 14,000 fewer seat belt citations if they were ticketed proportionally to total drivers in Florida. The rate that black drivers are ticketed more often than white drivers is four times more in Escambia County, three times more in Palm Beach County and 2.8 times more in Orange County. In Tampa, black drivers received 575 seat belt citations versus 549 for white drivers even though black people make up only 23 percent of Tampa's population***
***TIP OF THE ICEBERG
!! )

Also, funny how silent these threads get when hard numbers and facts are introduced. Not expecting a well thought out factual rebuttal from anyone at this point. Any day now!
this !! :) )