Legendary surfer/shaper reviews Firewire Surfboards

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Tried a T-Patterson Italo Pool Party. Channel Islands Twin Fin and a few local guys shapes. I know I need to try other brands, but seriously how different could a Tomo Poly be from a channel Islands Poly. Or a Tomo EPS from a JS EPS? The tech is what i like from Firewire. Also the consistent shapes.
@ReForest so tech is more important to you then board shape, rocker, concave(s), foil, rails, fins etc :shrug: No wonder you ride fireturds perfect poster child:foreheadslap:

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
So you're telling me this Surftech Stretch will ride the same as your other Stretch boards?

View attachment 143504

View attachment 143505

View attachment 143506
Never but way more bullet proof with no flex. You mentioned different shapers and different designs "apples and bananas" you did not mention say tomo what ever shape in xtr compared to say same tomo shape in fireturd. That is the only way to compare a tech with another unless you are only prefering to strength and durabilty then we already know complete crap and reason you never see ibolic tech out in criticalwaves :foreheadslap:
I think we can all agree some of best tech for flex, strength, and durabilty are made from these shops:
Varial
Xtr
Stretch
Worse:
Fireturd
Surftech

Last edited:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
The funny thing is Casa, one could use the cornerstone of your comment, "some sort of cultish religious experience" for those arguing the other side.
I wouldn’t go so far as to say cultish but their emotions have clearly overwhelmed their reasoning to varying degrees, bless their hearts.

Reactions: ReForest

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Tried a T-Patterson Italo Pool Party. Channel Islands Twin Fin and a few local guys shapes. I know I need to try other brands, but seriously how different could a Tomo Poly be from a channel Islands Poly. Or a Tomo EPS from a JS EPS? The tech is what i like from Firewire. Also the consistent shapes.
There is a whole world out there you should and could explore.

The only reason I'm wasting my time with this is you seem like a cool person who loves surfing for the right reasons, I just think there is an entire aspect you've never tapped into that you would find beneficial.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Towards the end where they talk about sanders was actually what prompted me to post that.
It's a great advertisement for doing it all under one roof.

Of course, a lot of this comes down to how big do you want to get.

How would you apply that to this thread in particular (other than the fact two of the longest threads going on this forum involve boardmakers with blantantly bad QC, one of them being particularly awful in their ability to do the edges on the rear 3rd correctly?:roflmao:)?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
What exactly does your quiver currently consist of? Speak (or better still show photos) and be judged. It’s only fair. :p
A groveler, a daily driver shortboard, a good waves shortboard, and a minigun.

All thruster setups, except the minigun, because the shaper told me do 5 boxes so I can try a quad setup but I was too lazy/cheap to ever try the quad setup.

Last edited:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
So you're telling me this Surftech Stretch will ride the same as your other Stretch boards?

View attachment 143504

View attachment 143505

View attachment 143506
@ReForest if you truely believe 100% ibolic fireturd is the best then why bother with all the trouble and $$$ of having daniel ship you a custom from down under:shrug:
If you're serious about ordering we can split a box. Im thinking ill order around Jan or Feb. 2023.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
A groveler, a daily driver shortboard, a good waves shortboard, and a minigun.

All thruster setups, except the minigun, because the shaper told me do 5 boxes so I can try a quad setup but I was too lazy/cheap to ever try the quad setup.
Huh, you belong to a thruster cult or something?

did you really waste a post on a adult learner with a quiver of fireturds
I've informed numbnuts several times that I started before he did. More proof that information he dislikes cannot penetrate his closed little mind.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Huh, you belong to a thruster cult or something?

I've informed numbnuts several times that I started before he did. More proof that information he dislikes cannot penetrate his closed little mind.
Nutless wonder just because you started before me just further proof of your lack of intelligence and how experience did not pay off for you:loser: Plenty of ole adult learners like you surfing surftech and thinking best thing since slice bread:monkey: