Legendary surfer/shaper reviews Firewire Surfboards

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
It might be fun trading insults if yours weren't so brain dead.

Anyway, cheers, mate. :cheers:
Yes coming from the kook who knows zero about board design and strength training or any kind of training:bricks: Do us all a favor and stick to the political threads where you can pretend like you know some thing:monkey:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Huh, you belong to a thruster cult or something?
More like I don’t like spending time or money playing around and getting used to different fin setups. Also it is the most common fin setup out there making it very easy for travel.

I’ve ridden and enjoy other setups, thrusters are just reliable.

Last edited:

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
More like I don’t like spending time or money playing around and getting used to different fin setups. Also it is the most common fin setup out there making it very easy for travel.

Pretty much this. I know that a reasonably well constructed thruster with large AMs works for me. Whereas with quads or twins, I need to mess around to figure out the best set up, and I sometimes never find the right combo.

Reactions: ChaseTMP and Havoc

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Pretty much this. I know that a reasonably well constructed thruster with large AMs works for me. Whereas with quads or twins, I need to mess around to figure out the best set up, and I sometimes never find the right combo.
once I found the right quad setup in a board (Mayhem front, QD 4.0 Flat or 80/20 rears) I've found them to work in several other quads, from grovelers to better wave boards. Sure took awhile to lock into that though.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali

Ever tried something a little different like a modern planning hull design such as Tomo makes?

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
That surf splendor guy is such a tool, can’t listen to or watch that guy.

PS: No one is hand shaping. Dumb as fck categorization, a made up thing just like other dumb surfboard terms for bragging points n marketing - they use power tools for Christ’s sake AND literally use those power tools on … wait for it … POP OUTS!
HAHAHAHA

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
This guy’s story about his first wave pipe is pretty funny! What’s funny is that David Lee scales says we should go along with the pecking order of surfing. I normally don’t hear people say that. It’s usually the opposite, and they think we should all just get along somehow amongst all the chaos. I think order is necessary in the water otherwise People get hurt and locals getting disrespected.

Reactions: Havoc