Different strains....

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
11 days later....

View attachment 140418

View attachment 140419

Pussy protection worked... already started flowering though. Dammed October.... curious to see if they go full flower, or revegetate and grow some more when the sun comes out again.

Bummed about the cloud cover causing early flowering buds,on the other hand it's thanks to those same clouds coming through that I've been surfing 2 out of every 3 days.

:shrug::waving::shaka:
22 days later...

20221103_130430.jpg
20221103_130444.jpg
20221103_130501.jpg
20221103_130507.jpg

Rocktober and Movember, never knew you were frosty seasons at these lattitudes.

:bowdown::jamon::bowdown:

Reactions: Chocki and Redeyes

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Weather is turning. Drizzle/rain next few days and been frosty in the mornings last couple days so needed to throw a frost cloth over it.

Some sections could probably use more time to fluff up but better slightly early than never. Noticed a couple nugs starting to turn brown all the way through, guessing that's cold damage? Anywho, looking good, have some music going, and time to get to work trimming. :jamon:

1667667006724.jpeg

1667667028680.jpeg

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Carts are awesome come at me bro
there's something about the medium they use in cartridges that really lights up my asthma

it is hell on my chest

I feel this a bit with edibles as well

it's a strange thing

I'm having a mid-life weed crisis at the moment....

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Weather is turning. Drizzle/rain next few days and been frosty in the mornings last couple days so needed to throw a frost cloth over it.

Some sections could probably use more time to fluff up but better slightly early than never. Noticed a couple nugs starting to turn brown all the way through, guessing that's cold damage? Anywho, looking good, have some music going, and time to get to work trimming. :jamon:

View attachment 141368

View attachment 141370
nice job kento. halloween is a great time of year to call it good. btw u can make ur life easier by stripping water leaves along the way as they yellow out. makes for better air flow and more light during flower. best of all, makes trimming less tedious

Reactions: Kento and afoaf

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW

View attachment 141368

View attachment 141370
brown all the way through sounds like mold. good call to pull it.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
there's something about the medium they use in cartridges that really lights up my asthma

it is hell on my chest

I feel this a bit with edibles as well

it's a strange thing

I'm having a mid-life weed crisis at the moment....
For some reason I have a high tolerance for edibles and CO store boughts are capped at 100mg. Me “that won’t even come close to getting me to normal“. Guess I’ll have to make my own this winter.

The PG? or whatever the base in carts is for sure no bueno but man are they convenient

Live rosin is IMO as about a clean way to inhale as you can get especially if you’re cold starting your dabs.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Well, that was a fun 7+ stickyicky hours of wet trimming yesterday. Good advice on pruning off dead leaves ahead of the game - that was a pain in the ass. There was a wee bit of brown mold but all told, probably only a couple grams worth of it and that's it. 1 sneaky caterpillar, 3 very scared spiders, 2 very surprised snails, and a good-luck ladybug and that was seemingly all in there, not too bad at all. Other sections of suspected brown mold really ended up just being collections of amber trichromes, probably a little overdone. All of that made up less than 1% of the plant. It was easier to separate as the moldy parts pretty much turned to dust and fell right off without much prodding.

But overall, stocked. Everyone's advice the last time around was very helpful. Had 3-4 times the yield of the previous attempt with a lot of fat, purple/green nugs. Substantially higher quality buds than before. Drying right now in several lined aluminum trays at 65 degrees, 54% humidity with a space heater on low blowing over the top. I kind of overdried the last time so flipping nugs over a few times a day and then will throw in some quart jars in what, 3 days from now or so?

Nice thing is I still have a bunch of the Apple Fritter left so no fritting/fretting, can do the Skitz right as far as drying/curing. :shaka:

Last edited:

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Take the fan leaves as the plant matures, and get them all before you cut the stalk.

Dry trim the rest, unless you are @santacruzin and are pressing fresh flowers, or making fresh frozen, bubble hash, etc... but for smoking the flower, personally, highly recommend dry trimming.

:applause2::applause2::applause2:

Reactions: Senor Sopa

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Aside from the resin and bit of messiness, any reason why to dry trim instead of wet trim?

After a wet trim, how long should I let it dry for before throwing in jars to cure? I did the wait-until-you-can-snap-a-stem bit last time but seemed like it dried for a couple days longer than it should have, especially given the heat wave back then.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Anyone puffing “highwayman” recently? New fave. All the med places have it all of a sudden locally. 25% thc. Indica leaning hybrid. So the yum. Definitely the strongest strain I think curaleaf and the Botanist et Al have had. They aren’t allowed to carry the 28+ you guys get in your rec shops.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
For some reason I have a high tolerance for edibles and CO store boughts are capped at 100mg. Me “that won’t even come close to getting me to normal“. Guess I’ll have to make my own this winter.

The PG? or whatever the base in carts is for sure no bueno but man are they convenient

Live rosin is IMO as about a clean way to inhale as you can get especially if you’re cold starting your dabs.

Eat more MGs

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Anyone puffing “highwayman” recently? New fave. All the med places have it all of a sudden locally. 25% thc. Indica leaning hybrid. So the yum. Definitely the strongest strain I think curaleaf and the Botanist et Al have had. They aren’t allowed to carry the 28+ you guys get in your rec shops.
NJ med has few strains near or over 30%

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
NJ med has few strains near or over 30%
I keep my eyes open but mid 20s is the “highest” I’ve seen in NY. I really do think they have some arbitrary percentage on the books regulating the med retailers. Like florida for example, their med shops cannot sell carts with a ratio above 45%. Unless it’s 80% or better, why bother ? Every time I bring my mom and her husband a few of my high octane NY carts, they’re like “yeah we can’t get these at our curaleaf” so they always keep mine lol.

only downside for me and the high potency carts is they give you a monstrous tolerance. I too need to eat 60+ MG of high octane gummy, and flower? Forget it. If it’s below 20 (like some of the med store strains) I don’t even bother

even the respectable highwayman- I need to smoke a few bowls or do some serious bong hits

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I keep my eyes open but mid 20s is the “highest” I’ve seen in NY. I really do think they have some arbitrary percentage on the books regulating the med retailers. Like florida for example, their med shops cannot sell carts with a ratio above 45%. Unless it’s 80% or better, why bother ? Every time I bring my mom and her husband a few of my high octane NY carts, they’re like “yeah we can’t get these at our curaleaf” so they always keep mine lol.

only downside for me and the high potency carts is they give you a monstrous tolerance. I too need to eat 60+ MG of high octane gummy, and flower? Forget it. If it’s below 20 (like some of the med store strains) I don’t even bother

even the respectable highwayman- I need to smoke a few bowls or do some serious bong hits
Meant flower, still cannot get into vapes.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Aside from the resin and bit of messiness, any reason why to dry trim instead of wet trim?

After a wet trim, how long should I let it dry for before throwing in jars to cure? I did the wait-until-you-can-snap-a-stem bit last time but seemed like it dried for a couple days longer than it should have, especially given the heat wave back then.
For me, it's 10x easier to trim the dry leaves. They stay in place when sticking them scissors in there.