The Atlantic is a joke

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
lol school boards....

mask mandates were the purview of state and county officials

voting out the school board and putting a bunch of magtards it the epitome of cutting off your nose to spite your face

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
well i'm glad the subject of my fiscal arrogance has been quickly left behind :)

Somebody fugging ban me already

@afoaf do you want to be a mod? :ban::ban::computer:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I've watched this one before

jumping in and swimming when he's becalmed is utterly insane to me

it makes my stomach knot up just thinking about it

you can see him slowly loosing his mind...the sleep deprivation has got to be brutal

this is backpacking, but without the physical push....it's mental with incredibly high stakes

@afoaf do you want to be a mod? :ban::ban::computer:
pardon me while I dust off my iron fist

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
well, voting makes sense
but “never forget” implies more than that
and I did think you were calling for imprisonment or something

maybe it was prcd calling for beheading or stoning or some other biblical revenge, but I thought it was you
Nope, just loss of jobs

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
lol school boards....

mask mandates were the purview of state and county officials

voting out the school board and putting a bunch of magtards it the epitome of cutting off your nose to spite your face
That was an example

Obviously state and county officials are on the chopping block as well. Hence the word "everyone"

You're doing it again

PROTEK

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I've watched this one before

jumping in and swimming when he's becalmed is utterly insane to me

it makes my stomach knot up just thinking about it

you can see him slowly loosing his mind...the sleep deprivation has got to be brutal

this is backpacking, but without the physical push....it's mental with incredibly high stakes

pardon me while I dust off my iron fist
Anytime I hit that blue water I get a creeped out feeling much like when i'm on the precipice of something really high. Just like i'm not supposed to be there

I SUP'd in the Bahamas and went out to the deep part. Got the most uncomfortable feeling I ever had in the ocean.

The people who go island to island in Hawaii trip me out, these solo boaters would give me a crisis. These people are very mentally strong

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Nope, just loss of jobs
Are you seeing this as an issue candidates are running on?
I’m not, but our ny governor was already booted out
i haven’t heard his replacement‘s opponent talking about her mismanagement of Covid at all
I’m not hearing about it as an issue in any local politics

may e in ny, where we got hit with Covid harder, there’s less revenge being sought

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Anytime I hit that blue water I get a creeped out feeling much like when i'm on the precipice of something really high. Just like i'm not supposed to be there

I SUP'd in the Bahamas and went out to the deep part. Got the most uncomfortable feeling I ever had in the ocean.

The people who go island to island in Hawaii trip me out, these solo boaters would give me a crisis. These people are very mentally strong
uggh...I can't handle that at all

my kid got his scuba cert....there is no way that I could do that

it freaks me way the fk out

Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
uggh...I can't handle that at all

my kid got his scuba cert....there is no way that I could do that

it freaks me way the fk out
I can't even snorkel.

I'll hold my breath and skin dive, but fkkkkk

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I had my best hangover snorkeling
just lying weightless in a perfectly comfortable temperature watching an amazing tropical fish show right there
best hangover ever

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
It's all in preparation and ability to read weather.

Sleep deprivation is what would kill me, even before I get dismasted by the seas.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009

I love it. It's nothing like being out there, not seeing land for miles. It has a weird time warp feel when you sail longer distances. Just staring at the horizon.
It's addictive AF.

Last edited:
Reactions: grapedrink

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Snorkeling with my parents in Honduras when I was 6 or 7. Everything was fine in shallows when it gradually went to 5 feet deep or so but then a wall and it just went bottomless. And it wasn't a clear blue either, just gradually murkier. I absolutely freaked and panic-swam straight over the reef to shore, slashed my legs all up on coral, and man, that haunted my dreams for a while.

Had a gradual foreboding snorkeling and free-diving down to 20 feet or so along Tunnels reef but that wasn't really about depths so much as sensing bad things lurking out of my vision. Probably paranoia but swimming with sea turtles 30 seconds later was far better.

Heights? Screw those. :roflmao: So many close calls that if I was a cat, I'd be schizophrenic. Not so much lately but repeatedly have had dreams where I drive off a huge cliff to sure demise. But I stick the landing clean.

The best one of those was when I was 9, sleeping on the stairwell on a boat, it lurched, I dreamt I was falling, and I did 6 feet straight down right into the galley. Smooth. Amazingly didn't get really hurt. But that's messed up when you dream you're falling and you actually land. No way in hell I could camp in those little platform tents halfway up things like El Capitan. :sick:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
You were the one claiming to be a Libertarian, although you say "in the sense that..." which doesn't sound very committed now that I look at it more closely.
yeah i'm not a card carrying libertarian, no
Are you seeing this as an issue candidates are running on?
I’m not, but our ny governor was already booted out
i haven’t heard his replacement‘s opponent talking about her mismanagement of Covid at all
I’m not hearing about it as an issue in any local politics

may e in ny, where we got hit with Covid harder, there’s less revenge being sought
I think Hochul is wisely distancing herself from anything Cuomo or Covid related, purely from a campaign standpoint. I can’t imagine New York electing Zeldin, though the polls have shown a tighter than expected race coming up. He “promised not to mess with NY abortion laws” but he has been an ardent and vocal anti abortion guy for years. That’s a big deal to a lot of New Yorkers.

,as far as I know Hochul hasn’t done too much bad or good to disqualify herself from continuing to serve. She doesn’t seem to be a walking RICO case like so many of her predecessors in that office. I guess that’s something :foreheadslap: :shrug:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

On the efoil it only takes a few seconds to get far into the ocean.

I don't like it.