A&H Vessels | Handshaped Surfboards | San Clemente, CA

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
crease structural integrity and provide tactile grip !
Most apparent is the feeling of having your hands grip right into them. It’s snug under your arm, easy to grab and confident when diving deep.
We shape these into the boards with a smooth edge rolling into the channel and a sharper edge closest to the rail. It allows your thumb to slide and lock in. It also increases board strength through rigidity.
The deck channels follow the outline of the board which gives it the same effect as having a “parabolic stringer” setup. It helps to reduce torsional flex.
The deepest part of the deck channel is always at the center and up towards the nose, where you’d typically grab onto it. The foil will taper out above the fin cluster to still allow for tail articulation.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Forget the shop in SLO who had otr Cole bords but always wanted one but custom order over seas etc was issue but Stretch was North in same state
:shrug:

Reactions: jkb

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Maybe the Firefly/F4 was all Nathans idea and he brought the concept to Cole just like he brought it to Stretch.......I don't know.

I'm just breaking down the timeline of things.

Did I walk that back enough? :roflmao:
Yes I think Nathan is very vocal on his bords and what he wants regardless how big of a stoner he is/looks:socrazy:

Reactions: jkb

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
4 pages for generic fish trash boards. Make it stop.

Admin, please merge this thread into the Encyclopedia de Surfus Shitticus.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
4 pages for generic fish trash boards. Make it stop.

Admin, please merge this thread into the Encyclopedia de Surfus Shitticus.

Who invited the norwegian jazz hand jive butt pirate to this thread :shrug:

• Haha
Reactions: Northern_Shores

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Oh you’re talking about XTR specifically my b.
I thought years ago when I checked out his site he had shipping etc but do not remember from where but do remember it was international :drowning: just checked out CCS site and looks like they stoke rack now full of fireturds and haydens no more cole:monkey:
Double side note just checked out coles site and see what I may have done :foreheadslap: did not realize two sites one Maurice cole and cole surfboards I saw mc site and customs shipped from down under:bricks:

Last edited:

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I'm taking about Cole Simler.

He's shaped on the Central Coast and San Clemente. Maybe other places too??

My main point is that design is copied all the time. Literally every shaper has done it. @GWS said it best.......as soon as the second shaper shaped a surfboard, the first shaper was copied........or something like that.

In fact, I have an incredibly rare photo in my collection that captures that exact moment

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I'm taking about Cole Simler.

He's shaped on the Central Coast and San Clemente. Maybe other places too??

My main point is that design is copied all the time. Literally every shaper has done it. @GWS said it best.......as soon as the second shaper shaped a surfboard, the first shaper was copied........or something like that.

In fact, I have an incredibly rare photo in my collection that captures that exact moment

Agree 100% but some are Van Gogh's and other turds and I don't just mean the lines etc have to be perfect or I would have a machine shape my board :monkey: