The Skaters of the ERBB

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
I wouldn't consider myself a "skater" by any stretch of the imagination, but I spent some years at DMSR back in the day and haven't really been on a skateboard since the early 90's. My buddy took me to the Carmel Valley pump track a couple weeks ago, and I've never had so much fun on a skateboard. I've been back about 5 times in the past couple weeks. Ended up buying a nice little board to ride there. I totally suck, but it's so fun, and I'm hooked. Seems like the early morning crowds are all dads over 50 like me, just getting back on a board to re-live their youth :ROFLMAO:

Here's a little clip of a leg burner this morning that my buddy shot of me.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I wouldn't consider myself a "skater" by any stretch of the imagination, but I spent some years at DMSR back in the day and haven't really been on a skateboard since the early 90's. My buddy took me to the Carmel Valley pump track a couple weeks ago, and I've never had so much fun on a skateboard. I've been back about 5 times in the past couple weeks. Ended up buying a nice little board to ride there. I totally suck, but it's so fun, and I'm hooked. Seems like the early morning crowds are all dads over 50 like me, just getting back on a board to re-live their youth :ROFLMAO:

Here's a little clip of a leg burner this morning that my buddy shot of me.

Hey Mongo, the leash doesn't go on your front leg.

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
How hard is it to learn how to bowl/pool skate and how bad would the slams be doing it? We have a skitz park here especially the pool.
View attachment 134442
You'll be fine. Wear a helmet and knee pads. Don't rawdog anything, just let your skills develop step by step and new learns will come naturally.

Disclaimer: I don't ever go in the bowl, I can't rock to fakie on a mini and I've been getting broke off at the skatepark three times this summer. Soon my knee has new skin :)

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
You'll be fine. Wear a helmet and knee pads. Don't rawdog anything, just let your skills develop step by step and new learns will come naturally.

Disclaimer: I don't ever go in the bowl, I can't rock to fakie on a mini and I've been getting broke off at the skatepark three times this summer. Soon my knee has new skin :)
I’m just interested in potentially taking advantage of the huge bowl/other “chill” features and learning carves/improving my snowboarding. I’d wear hip pads along with knee wrist elbow and maybe even me Moto shoulders lol. I’d think the trick is master knee slides first?

Whats the style for dank old man boards/set ups?
1658624779427.jpeg Plus???

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
How hard is it to learn how to bowl/pool skate and how bad would the slams be doing it? We have a skitz park here especially the pool.
View attachment 134442
I wouldn't recommend trying to learn how to skate to anyone over the age of like 20. You will almost certainly slam. Not trying to be a downer. I love skating. I just think the skill of falling without hurting yourself is a thing best learned when young and lightweight.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I went to Kapolei to skate the bowls after work today. The sun is in your eyes until golden hour so I just rolled around the deck, grinded the mellow quarter pipes and slappied the parking blocks. I came out of a 50-50 slappy into wheel bite, next thing I know I’m looking up at the clouds. You don’t have to skate the bowls to slam. Haha.

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
I wouldn't recommend trying to learn how to skate to anyone over the age of like 20. You will almost certainly slam. Not trying to be a downer. I love skating. I just think the skill of falling without hurting yourself is a thing best learned when young and lightweight.
Don't listen to the haters. Get a board and go skating :)

Last edited:
Reactions: santacruzin