Information

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
There is an age old question abojut an artist, his art and then his personal life. Does it matter? I worked for a famous art collector. He looked solely at the aesthetic value of the art. His son, who I became close friends with, was all about their spiritual life. He totally admired a pacifist consciencious objector (James Turrell, a Quaker, sworn foe of human bloodshed). He despised another artist, who I will not name, because of the artist's political views and lifestyle.

I'm more like the collector. I can admire GiGi's boards totally apart from his political views. They are things of beauty. And he is the only professional here on a daily basis, sharing his wisdom, even if he shares it like a shaolin master and we are all less than grasshoppers in our comprehension.

Thank you Greg. :cheers: Wish more pros came on and shared...and debated.
Fuk, you told me not to do the diamond tail and did I listen? :foreheadslap:

Last edited:

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
How so , in your view ?

This is the exact kind of poor taste, off-topic post that people just don't want to see. We're here to celebrate YOLOs and get pumped up about new boards and here you are name-dropping some random dude with a low-key shaming vibe. Of course, the subtext here is that we should all be riding your 5-fin fishes for 15-year stretches and singing your praises on here.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
You are the mess interpreting in this manner .
You just don't realize it .

It was an actual question , one brought up to me by a friend .
It is an interesting question worthy of discussion .
In a surf session how many seconds do you spend riding the board?

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Do you pay for all of your mountain bikes? - Yes

how much time per week on each - in mountains? 1-2 hours 5 days a week on the local trails - just got back

have you experienced the feeling of riding a bike designed for flat roads? Graham Swamp is not flat , Mala compra near my house is mostly flat and going as fast as you can is the big thing - huge maze of turns and trees

This E bike makes all flat sections a downhill you accelerate so fast into each section

Reactions: sdsrfr

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Do you pay for all of your mountain bikes? - Yes

how much time per week on each - in mountains? 1-2 hours 5 days a week on the local trails - just got back

have you experienced the feeling of riding a bike designed for flat roads? Graham Swamp is not flat , Mala compra near my house is mostly flat and going as fast as you can is the big thing - huge maze of turns and trees

This E bike makes all flat sections a downhill you accelerate so fast into each section
Have you ever ridden road bikes (clipped in, bicycle with drops)?

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
was wondering why you needed e assist if no hills. makes more sense - enables a motorcycle on the bike paths.

you would do well here in NCSD with all the bike path ebikes hauling azz