Guns!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Um, YES dummy.

Also, the permit should also be quid pro quo like here in CA.

You only get a permit if you donated to the sheriff's election campaign, etc.

Or similar states where you can't get a permit if you live in a bad neighborhood or you're black - low income and non-whites should not be allowed to carry!

Permits are just a really important thing when it comes to making sure would be criminals don't tote.

Otherwise it'd be like the Wild West!

FACT = 97% of mass shootings are carried out by folks with concealed carry permits.

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I would like to defend myself against Russia. Since there’s no limits, I’d like some nukes and missiles please
Well, that is being done on your behalf but if you want to walk dow the path of absurdity I’m perfectly happy to take your hand and walk with you.

Nuclear weapons are a rather unwieldy tool for personal self defense and I would choose something with a (much much) lower risk of a collateral damage but there‘s no reason why I shouldn’t be able to possess nukes for self defense.

The problem lies in the very real (inevitable actually) possibility that deployment of such a weapon at say, a burglar, would injure or kill innocent bystanders. I would then be criminally responsible for that, just like I would be if I accidentally shot my neighbor defending my home with a shotgun.

So yes, you should be able to have nukes but it’s just not practical and you will end up dead or in prison if you use it.

With rights come responsibilities.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Well, that is being done on your behalf but if you want to walk dow the path of absurdity I’m perfectly happy to take your hand and walk with you.

Nuclear weapons are a rather unwieldy tool for personal self defense and I would choose something with a (much much) lower risk of a collateral damage but there‘s no reason why I shouldn’t be able to possess nukes for self defense.

The problem lies in the very real (inevitable actually) possibility that deployment of such a weapon at say, a burglar, would injure or kill innocent bystanders. I would then be criminally responsible for that, just like I would be if I accidentally shot my neighbor defending my home with a shotgun.

So yes, you should be able to have nukes but it’s just not practical and you will end up dead or in prison if you use it.

So inconsistent.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009

i concur. i think that one of the central tenets of gun ownership should be that the gun owner should be entirely responsible for the outcome when he decides to pull the trigger. no matter what you thought, no matter your frightened state of mind, no matter how you came to shoot someone, you better be right. if they were not a direct provable threat to you at that moment, you should go to jail.

side note: it occurs to me that here in the most advanced society in history, the best we can do is come up with gun care and health control. we are truly a diseased nation on the back side of the curve of history.

Reactions: kidfury

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
so many people die needlessly and stupidly because of psychopath selfish gun obsessed weirdos

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
i concur. i think that one of the central tenets of gun ownership should be that the gun owner should be entirely responsible for the outcome when he decides to pull the trigger. no matter what you thought, no matter your frightened state of mind, no matter how you came to shoot someone, you better be right. if they were not a direct provable threat to you at that moment, you should go to jail.
That’s current law just about everywhere in the US. Definitely here in california you better get it right. Even if you do you’ll probably go to jail away. That’s why I don’t use a gun for home defense. Don’t want to end up in prison.

States like texas have laws that say if someone breaks into your house you can shoot them whether they are a direct threat or not. Now the merits of such laws are certainly debatable but burglars in the state of texas know that by unlawfully entering someone’s home they are basically consenting to being shot.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
  • Latin America and Caribbean countries have nine of 10 highest homicide rates in the world.
where the fuck do their guns come from, asshole?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
  • Latin America and Caribbean countries have nine of 10 highest homicide rates in the world.
where the fook do their guns come from, asshole?
This list isn’t gun murder rates. It’s murder rates no matter the tool used. Asshole.

You are equating murder rates by country with rates of gun possession. There is no real correlation between the two.

Just about every household in Switzerland has a gun in it. Very low murder rate.

If you eliminate 6-8 very isolated (geographically) areas of the US we would have one of the worlds lowest murder rates.

The state of Vermont has a very high rate of gun possession yet a very low rate of murders.

It’s cultural. The tools used are just that. Tools.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016