Best Flip Flops?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Oregon sunmers and Chaco tan lines, name a more iconic duo.
I tried Chacos and they didn't fit my feet right. Too many straps or something. Also very thick and clunky feeling.

Those Thermarest ones look interesting but they don't have em in my size. Also, I'm afraid they'll make my feet fall asleep...

Get it? Because Thermarest makes sleeping pads....

That joke is probably a little high brow for you all but if I need to explain it further let me know.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Used to love them but found they were so variable from one pair to another as to how tight the straps are and the sizing that had to give up. I'd buy a pair and they'd be so loose they'd barely stay on my feet or they'd be an inch longer or shorter than the last pair of the same size.

Swapped for Locals, about same price and they start out tight and then as your feet crush them down they become perfectly molded and still not too loose.

LOL @ expensive flipflops

These are best:

Been wearing them for many years, usually go through a pair about once eveyr year or two...the traction on the sole lasts longer then most which is a big plus if it's wet out.

Cheap enough to replace if you lose one too.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
My go to. Definitely going to be well received here. They’ve got flip flop mode and 4x4. Good grip wet or dry and made in America. I used to be big into minimalist running, not so much anymore but these are still my first choice for every day sandals. There’s thick contoured ones if you have more sensitive feet, but they lack flip flop mode.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I love my Chacos. Sandals and flip flops.
Chacos are dank.

If I need to class it up a notch, I forget the model but Reef makes a dank leather sandal.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
No, no, no.

He loves Chacos.
Chacos are dank, bro.
Dank.

Im on my second pair of sandals only because someday I’m going to get the first resoled and the straps replace and someday never comes.

The flip flops took forever to break in. I’ve had them so long I cant remember how old they are. Torqued one of the thongs the other day and thought I was gonna suffer a blow out but it held fast. They’re wearing very thin.