Best Flip Flops?

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Has anyone tried putting traction on tops of their slippahs? Think it'll solve the slippery when wet and the loose strap issues. Gonna try it w my olukais

Reactions: jkb

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
u just got the wrong pair. the one ifall posted arent slippery when wet. i had the pair you have and cut grooves in it for Traction
I have the kind that he posted. They're smooth eva on top and get slippery and squeaky when wet. Fixed em though:
1627577421377.png
corduroy stick traction should do the trick. also made the straps tighter. if anyone needs a size 11 template, I'll send it to you. drew up it up aku (haha).

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I have the kind that he posted. They're smooth eva on top and get slippery and squeaky when wet. Fixed em though:
View attachment 113743
corduroy stick traction should do the trick. also made the straps tighter. if anyone needs a size 11 template, I'll send it to you. drew up it up aku (haha).
Nice DIY ghostshaper but good pair sandals should need no mod plus those come from higher end on price:shrug:

Reactions: ghostshaper
Feb 9, 2019
Fashion free. These things are like soft sand 4wds. No bindies or aciacia thorns get through. No hot sand spillover. Ive seen blokes sand the sole grips for stealth missions to secret spots or to squirt the 'girls' , no tracks to follow. Wont be bothered by any women either. The only thing missing is a double plug for extra durability although if looked after 5 years is almost guaranteed with daily trekking. They used to be called surfer joes. Driving with them is an issue cause they will cover the accelerator and clutch pedals. They float which is handy for boat trips and unexpected rollovers, a family could use them as a float
1627953234971.png

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
Standard issue up here and has been since the 90s. Good for river life. I prefer Chacos thou. Vans is also making a Crocs wannabe. Have a pair of those too, Crocs. Nice around the house, at stand up desk, and for backpacking at camp. Don't really wear them out thou.

Not a fan of long walks in slaps. I don't really take long walks on the beach. But walking on the beach, in summer, I just go barefoot. Running shoes or hiking boots for hike in spots. I don't live in CA or HI thou.

Reactions: Aruka