Album Surfboards

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Any ride reports on the album x TA quad fin set?
I like the look of the template and could see them in my quad fish.
Also, they seem like a total bargain compared to the bronze sculpture

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
These look like better bargain and perhapse ya can get pizza box stain on crotch:cheers:

Reactions: silentbutdeadly

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I rode the NVS versions (which I believe are slightly bigger) in my RNF Retro quad fish and also a Bing Cypress, they went well, much more pivotal and free than split keels

Feb 13, 2022
San Diego
I like the TA twins in both my twinsman RP and my townsend
I think i'll try out the TA twins like you suggested. I suspect the Akilas might be a little small/upright for me at 185lbs. Gemini fins are not in stock.

@frontsidegrab did you ever try the TAs in the lightbender (that you sold me), or should I just pull the trigger on the RSCs? My fin quiver is already getting out of hand.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Edit: Even without an arch, I would not turn down one of these shapers pads tho. I like the mix of textures
They fvcked up the knobby and corduroy placement.

The genius of the Octopus pad with corduroy in the front half is that when trunking it, the corduroy is easier on the knees.

Then when you're up and riding, you can put your foot back on the knobby's for tiger shreds.......as God intended.

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
I think i'll try out the TA twins like you suggested. I suspect the Akilas might be a little small/upright for me at 185lbs. Gemini fins are not in stock.

@frontsidegrab did you ever try the TAs in the lightbender (that you sold me), or should I just pull the trigger on the RSCs? My fin quiver is already getting out of hand.
Yes. TAs were the first ones I tried in the LB. Ended up feeling like too little fin and lacked drive. I tried 3 sets before I got the RSCs.

Reactions: cbadsurfer

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Anyone ride a Disorder asym?
I had Mr. Steve's old one for a while. @Duffy LaCoronilla has one in the quiver still I think? I know someone else was recently posting about it but I can't remember off the top of my head.

I really liked it and surfed the crap out of it for a season on waist to head high days, it was definitely more of a low end DD than a regular short board in the dims I had it. The rocker felt relatively low entry and made speed easily, it felt very natural. I sold it to finance a new board but I did enjoy it a lot. I rode it with the TA album asym set. I tried some other fins but they never quite worked for me.

Reactions: j_mac, jkb and JDJ