Tucker Carlson: The End of Men

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
WTF is Tucker Carlson thinking? Does he really think dudes are gonna take a laser beam to their balls? Maybe some will, but they're fuckin' idiots who prob don't deserve to have balls in the first place.

Protect your boys at all cost, that's what I say.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
WTF is Tucker Carlson thinking? Does he really think dudes are gonna take a laser beam to their balls? Maybe some will, but they're fuckin' idiots who prob don't deserve to have balls in the first place.

Protect your boys at all cost, that's what I say.

There is money in all of this. And where there’s money, there is rarely ethics. I don’t think for a second that Tucker believes half the information his show presents.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Don't get me started on those papists

I'm actually impressed with the overall intellectual rigor between YCBS and PRCD. I'm a comfortable atheist, so as much as I enjoyed meeting and getting to know PRCD, and hope to surf with him again, he knows I'm not a church going man, and I don't think that bothers him whatsoever, and I hope he would trust me as a decent and moral secular humanist as he would trust a fellow Christian. But I applaud you both for actually having a pretty high-brow and rigorous discussion about such light fare as the meaning of life and religion and what not. Normally, a topic like that would go from Jesus to Train wreck in about 4 posts flat.

Also, the Black Mamba #7 is clearly well worth it if you can find it, because I'm finding this religious stuff WAY too fascinating for a Thursday evening on a surfer forum :cool:

I just don't believe in God, or the Abrahamic version of things, or really any version of anything. I think we are here, we hang for a while, and wink out. What you do with that time, that's up to you. I don't have a fear of hell to keep me in line- I take comfort and pleasure in being honest, generous, and decent. Without an instruction manual. I don't work hard because of some protestant work ethic and spirit of capitalism (although historically I believe that book is pretty on point) , I work hard to get PAID, so I can live well and take trips and sock some away for the future

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Sure but what religion isn’t dominated by men? Particularly when you get into the fundamentalist versions of most religions. The common theme is that women are second class vessels who are here to make babies and be subservient cooks and cleaners.
Whats all that to do with religion?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Some of the best people I know in the world are motivated by their faith, and that’s alright by me, even if it ain’t my thing!
I agree for the most part until they start imposing it upon others or worse actively attempting to legislate their faith on the rest of us.

I have more than one friend who were going down bad paths. Mostly with addiction. They replaced their substance addictions with Jesus addictions and got their lives together. It’s hard to frown on that. I’m happy it worked for them, but to say it’s the only way is where you lose me.

Reactions: Boneroni

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
I’m happy it worked for them, but to say it’s the only way is where you lose me.
It helps to remember that most of them mean well. They found something, it helped them, they want to help you. I don't get too worked up about it. If they get too aggressive I usually just say "look I'm on heavy psychedelics right now and this conversation is bumming me out."

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
For the benefit of anyone who didn’t know
adjective
  1. Of questionable authorship or authenticity.
  2. Erroneous; fictitious.
  3. Of or having to do with the Apocrypha.
and, yeah, like most people, I think that’s fictitious
even when I used to buy into the new testament, I thought the Old Testament was mostly parables
Wait so are you officially a lapsed catholic now?

I’ll alert the hookers and blow

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
It helps to remember that most of them mean well. They found something, it helped them, they want to help you. I don't get too worked up about it. If they get too aggressive I usually just say "look I'm on heavy psychedelics right now and this conversation is bumming me out."
I’m going to start using that line to end every conversation I don’t feel like having
Well, maybe not at work

Reactions: enframed

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Sorry can’t get aboard the religion train. It trips me out that people can’t see how arbitrary their belief system is. If you were born in Saudi Arabia you’d probably be a devout Muslim. In China, a committed Communist. Does that give no one pause?
same way i think of "patriotism". it was by complete chance i was born on this specific area of dirt. why have pride - it couldve been anywhere else. and its dirt, and its imaginary lines separating dirt from dirt. I dont get it.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Spirituality is about questions. Religion is about answers.

Google is my God. Now behave. They're watching.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Ah but you can grow or raise food on dirt, you can dwell on dirt, run a business, build an empire, etc. Pieces of dirt, whether big or small, can have value in countless ways, and THAT sh!t, good bad or indifferent (i lean towards indifference but I’m ideologically lazy and apathetic) THAT sh!t people will fight over. like it or not, “owning” a bunch of dirt is, to some, worth fighting to keep, because it provides home, hearth, and health.

Fighting over religious differences is truly madness. But I suspect most religious conflicts still had “dirt” wrapped up in there somewhere.

FTR I fully agree about the dumb luck of being born in a given place and time. I guess I’m just saying fighting over territory, while awful and hopefully something we eventually evolve past, is far more logical than fighting over who worships the right god(s).

Reactions: Boneroni