Album Surfboards

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
wait how many albums do you have now?
hahaha. this sub-quiver is approaching waxurDyl level! Honestly, I have a bunch of other great boars right now but I just wanna ride the albums- they are just so damn fun for the spots I surf.

this dankness was a new unsurfed custom that I traded two used boars for at a shop in Oside. It's a dribble machine and I figured it's a (size/ outline) boar I could have in the quiver for years, surf occasionally and let the kids ride at some point if they ever get into sarfing.

Last edited:

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
I'm sure I posted pics of mine way back in this thread. Mine's 7'0 quad (not twin) and does great on those dribble days when I just wanna get wet and it's marginal out there. IMO, it's rocker & outline are like a mini glider: really nice trim and glide down the line. I haven't surfed it much above waist-high, but it does carve alright with the shorter midlength and quad setup. It has a single fin box too, but I doubt I'll use that. It does just what I got it for, but i bet a twin setup and shorter length would free it up even more if you wanted more versatility.
Thanks! You have a midlength Plasmic as well. How do the Darkness and midlength Plasmic compare?

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I have had 3 darkness all were 2+1. I haven't jumped fully into the twin band wagon yet. Two have worked great one was just terrible not sure what was up? and sold it. Almost the same exact dims as the other two. It was off the floor other two custom. Lots of glide work great in different ranges. Got a Twnsed to replace it, but Towns works best in size and juice I have found it not as wide range Midlength or good for dribble small weak waves. This is 7'2 i got for my GF that I kind of taken over. Really funView attachment 125841
I like Twin fins but I prefer the way the Darkness looks as a 2+1 instead of the winged pin twins. Your description sounds great, I need a small wave middy.

Reactions: sdsrfr

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I like Twin fins but I prefer the way the Darkness looks as a 2+1 instead of the winged pin twins. Your description sounds great, I need a small wave middy.
you might like a plasmid for small waves. maybe blunt nose for hipster PNW middy style.

@j_mac see this post comparing them:

Reactions: j_mac and Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
you might like a plasmid for small waves. maybe blunt nose for hipster PNW middy style.

Plasmid has been tempting me for a hot minute. I regret not getting one with my varial credit but I hadn't yet recieved my EAST edition and I wanted to see how that felt before I got too carried away. Thinking like a 7-0+ in varial carbon with non blunt nose but maybe a roundish tail similar to what your 6-4 is sporting....

Reactions: Havoc and oeste858

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System

You may have already mentioned, but what fin set do you run in your Plasmid?

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
I'm sure I posted pics of mine way back in this thread. Mine's 7'0 quad (not twin) and does great on those dribble days when I just wanna get wet and it's marginal out there. IMO, it's rocker & outline are like a mini glider: really nice trim and glide down the line. I haven't surfed it much above waist-high, but it does carve alright with the shorter midlength and quad setup. It has a single fin box too, but I doubt I'll use that. It does just what I got it for, but i bet a twin setup and shorter length would free it up even more if you wanted more versatility.
I just want to drive hard off the bottom of a 3ft day at a slopey local reef, draw it way out on the shoulder, and cut it back to the whitewater. Repeat.

How is it for that?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I just want to drive hard off the bottom of a 3ft day at a slopey local reef, draw it way out on the shoulder, and cut it back to the whitewater. Repeat.

How is it for that?
well suited.

PacVibes finger blaster? Is that what you call hooking up with a chick while listening to 40 oz to Freedom?
Man, college was the best.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
fren I serf with everyday came over for a couple of garage beers. he can't even keep track of what I have. Showed him oestes twinsman and liked it. he told me I have problems and I said you have no idea. I'm low to mid tier on the erBB!

TMST is getting wet tomorrow.... I hope