Unmasked children are a public health threat, but people defacating in the streets are not

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
"prepare" for what?

Are people that stupid they don't know how to go back to normal?
they were waiting for CDC data to be updated

since the recent update, you can see that we are past the winter spike, and the less-lethal omicron is the dominant variant.

overall case and death rates have dropped in to the "low risk" band based on the county's parameters

I'm not surprised that you guys didn't bother looking for the information that would have unwound your argument...

"prepare for what?"

all the businesses here put up new signage and likely also had to inform employees on how to handle the new policy

this isn't confusing

occam's razor...assume best intentions....etc

it's also still a continuum fallacy

fkn hell

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Arbitrary rules are antithetical to the American experiment.
Hahahahaha. Ahahahahahahaha. Bahahahahahaha.

HAHAHAHAHA.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

If I was drinking a milkshake it'd be all over my computer.

Jesus.

And you still haven’t answered. What metric are they using?
I don't know. I've stopped paying attention because it doesn't really matter at this point. It's done.

Reactions: $kully

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
they were waiting for CDC data to be updated

since the recent update, you can see that we are past the winter spike, and the less-lethal omicron is the dominant variant.

overall case and death rates have dropped in to the "low risk" band based on the county's parameters

I'm not surprised that you guys didn't bother looking for the information that would have unwound your argument...

"prepare for what?"

all the businesses here put up new signage and likely also had to inform employees on how to handle the new policy

this isn't confusing

occam's razor...assume best intentions....etc

it's also still a continuum fallacy

fkn hell
So like I said, people are too stupid to figure it out

. I guess part of the problem is the municipalities addicted to control have to make this complicated rather than simply announcing “masks are done”

We live in an era of instant mass communication, this message can reach anyone in seconds

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
So like I said, people are too stupid to figure it out

. I guess part of the problem is the municipalities addicted to control have to make this complicated rather than simply announcing “masks are done”

We live in an era of instant mass communication, this message can reach anyone in seconds
always be juvenile!

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
You were joking about CDC data being uploaded, correct?
negative. I tried to find more specifics for you, but for lack of time....the LA County health officials said they based their shift on the most recent release of CDC data.

cases/deaths put us in the low risk band, so they dropped mandates

it's not some nefarious plot....

they stated the metrics that determined the ramp up/draw down and we've settled in to the low risk band so the mandates are gone-gone

this is reinforced by the stepped approach they took when numbers allowed them to shift to maskless-for-vaxxed-only as the first step

but you hate masks and everyone is an authoritarian...please feel free to NOT make a reply to that effect.

Reactions: Phi1

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
negative. I tried to find more specifics for you, but for lack of time....the LA County health officials said they based their shift on the most recent release of CDC data.

cases/deaths put us in the low risk band, so they dropped mandates

it's not some nefarious plot....

they stated the metrics that determined the ramp up/draw down and we've settled in to the low risk band so the mandates are gone-gone

this is reinforced by the stepped approach they took when numbers allowed them to shift to maskless-for-vaxxed-only as the first step

but you hate masks and everyone is an authoritarian...please feel free to NOT make a reply to that effect.
You actually believe that?

Jesus Christ

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
You actually believe that?

Jesus Christ
well, they stated how it was going to work a year(s?) in advance AND the latest data reflects a downtick in hospitalizations and deaths

I'm not sure what's so confusing about this

Reactions: Phi1

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
well, they stated how it was going to work a year(s?) in advance AND the latest data reflects a downtick in hospitalizations and deaths

ifall is very worried about what's happening to people nowhere near him.

That's the true sign of a libertarian.

• Love
Reactions: afoaf and $kully

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
ifall is very worried about what's happening to people nowhere near him.

That's the true sign of a libertarian.
It’s a slippery slope. If he doesn’t win the war in the School Board Meetings of San Francisco masked children will be pooping on the sidewalks of Scottsdale before he knows it!

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

Because you actually believe the "science" is what's driving these decisions

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Because you actually believe the "science" is what's driving these decisions
Again going with the "authoritarians are worried about the polls" line?

I'm hearing Putin is going to call off his aggression because it's not tracking in key demographics.

• Love
Reactions: afoaf