Album Surfboards

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
so how does diamond tail go?
Alright, I surfed 4 days straight on it.
Thoughts....

Boards working very well and is a lot of fun. Surprised how different it feels than my 6'3" pin one. I've been running Gemini fins in both which feels great. The DT catches waves easier, which makes sense being longer with the wider tail, but it is also noticeably more snappy and less drawn out. My other one you can really feel the pin grip and controlling the speed some where this one feels looser in the back and a little more playful vibe. You get more of a push out the gates and feels a bit faster. Overall stoked on it. Came out pretty light from XTR but in a good way which makes it pretty easy to maneuver around and manage the extra size. You do kinda feel like a dck on it sometimes because it catches waves so easy so I try to just get my share and not paddle into everything. Shift back and it pivots great or shift forward and highline and speed down the line. Pretty sweet board. Definitely a keeper. Might end up selling the 6'3" now since it might gather dust after the Moonstone kinda took its spot and now this longer version working out so well.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Alright, I surfed 4 days straight on it.
Thoughts....

Boards working very well and is a lot of fun. Surprised how different it feels than my 6'3" pin one. I've been running Gemini fins in both which feels great. The DT catches waves easier, which makes sense being longer with the wider tail, but it is also noticeably more snappy and less drawn out. My other one you can really feel the pin grip and controlling the speed some where this one feels looser in the back and a little more playful vibe. You get more of a push out the gates and feels a bit faster. Overall stoked on it. Came out pretty light from XTR but in a good way which makes it pretty easy to maneuver around and manage the extra size. You do kinda feel like a dck on it sometimes because it catches waves so easy so I try to just get my share and not paddle into everything. Shift back and it pivots great or shift forward and highline and speed down the line. Pretty sweet board. Definitely a keeper. Might end up selling the 6'3" now since it might gather dust after the Moonstone kinda took its spot and now this longer version working out so well.
dibs on the 6’3!
Just kidding. I like Townsend as a stap but was a lil underwhelmed with how it paddles and catches waves in the small stuff. But could be my well-used 6’7 asym one was a little thin and narrow than some / stoke.

Between the two, the flatter Plasmid would be my choice for gravel / crowd killing. My 6’4 PlasmEgg catches anything like a mini mini glider.

Last edited:

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
I think the diamond tail is definitely getting more push over the pin. Its almost an inch wider a foot up from the tail as well between them. Need to get it on some bigger swells and see if I miss the pin any, but the diamond works very well on this design so far.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
First impression from maiden voyage in fun 3-5’ punchy reef rights. Coming from the roundpin, this shorter length (3”) and swallowtail stepped down perfectly for more average waves. Same flat deck and rail foil felt totally intuitive. Did everything I wanted it to.

Compared to Lightblender, pretty similar to surf IMO, maybe a touch less fishy. #overlap

Glamour shot from the shop’s Insta…View attachment 123925
can i buy ur lightbender?

• Haha
Reactions: oeste858 and SD_Dan