Unvaxxed Kelly Slater to be denied access to Australia...( Victoria and Western Australia)

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Pro surfers are indeed mostly stupid. Mostly.
You mean they are less educated or merely stupid as in having low IQ? Is there an equivalent of the Wonderlic for surfers? Do we have measurements of their IQ? Slater does not strike me as stupid.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Top level professional athletes are typically surrounded by people who constantly kiss their ass and stroke their egos and tell them how great they are. They are definitely not used to people telling them "no."

My heart bleeds not a drop for Djoker or Kelly or any of them. Stuck-up prima donnas gotta follow the rules just like the rest of us.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
But a little damaged at least, cult of personality people like him are incapable of thinking like the rest of us because of the perspective, 40 years as the golden boy, especially in surfing and having been immersed in arguably a complete cespool of some of the worlds strongest(and weakest) personalities manifests tweakedly I would think. I'm sure Curren was glad when Kelly took the reigns.
Edit to show hammies just beat me to the point I was making....

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
Sl11er can always go trans and compete with Tyler for the womens world title?

:violin::dancing::bricks::trout:
If Kelly wanted to be really famous, and also have another World Title, just take Katlin (nee Bruce) Jenner as an example.

Of course he'd have to really want it. You know give 110%, No pain, no gain, etc. Odds are the WSL would go along with it. Think of the drama, the conflicts, the controversy. Now that's entertainment! (Stranger things have happened.)

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Also, we must always remember the 'vas deferance' between stupid and uneducated.

Plenty of smart folk out there who just had the wrong mentors/teachers/role models.

Properly educated they'd be worlds ahead of how limited they become with flawed guidance.

:shrug:

Reactions: Boneroni

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
You mean they are less educated or merely stupid as in having low IQ? Is there an equivalent of the Wonderlic for surfers? Do we have measurements of their IQ? Slater does not strike me as stupid.
Stupid as in lack of formal schooling and critical thinking skills that you learn/take in when you have a life that doesn't revolve entirely around surfing. Not all of course. But many. I've spent time talking with Slater. He does not strike me as stupid either. He does strike me as someone who thinks he knows more than he does. A common affliction. I don't presume to know much of anything.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Stupid as in lack of formal schooling and critical thinking skills that you learn/take in when you have a life that doesn't revolve entirely around surfing. Not all of course. But many. I've spent time talking with Slater. He does not strike me as stupid either. He does strike me as someone who thinks he knows more than he does. A common affliction. I don't presume to know much of anything.
Specifically, he is incompetent to calculate his individual risk/reward ratio for the vaccine but believes he is competent. He suffers from the Dunning-Kruger effect.

In our case, we didn't calculate vaccine risk/reward ourselves. We relied on ACIP to do it for us. ACIP is a team of credentialed bureaucrats that calculates individual vaccine risk/reward based on data they've gathered from the pharmaceutical companies and VAERS. Depending on the quality of the data, the bureaucrats, and their motivations and political considerations, they may have made erroneous calculations.

This is from a pre-print UK study on the incident of myocarditis (Y-axis) from the vaccines and COVID infection. It has become something of a Rorschach test. What do you see?
1642689860219.png

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Specifically, he is incompetent to calculate his individual risk/reward ratio for the vaccine but believes he is competent. He suffers from the Dunning-Kruger effect.

In our case, we didn't calculate vaccine risk/reward ourselves. We relied on ACIP to do it for us. ACIP is a team of credentialed bureaucrats that calculates individual vaccine risk/reward based on data they've gathered from the pharmaceutical companies and VAERS. Depending on the quality of the data, the bureaucrats, and their motivations and political considerations, they may have made erroneous calculations.

This is from a pre-print UK study on the incident of myocarditis (Y-axis) from the vaccines and COVID infection. It has become something of a Rorschach test. What do you see?
View attachment 122777
Oh man no one cares, your missing the point. take it to the covid thread where you have wasted hundreds of hours of your life..the sheer volume of your posts is horrifying. I cant believe I am saying this but - go outside

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Oh man no one cares, your missing the point.
You do, or you wouldn't be here.

take it to the covid thread where you have wasted hundreds of hours of your life.the sheer volume of your posts is horrifying. I cant believe I am saying this but - go outside
You know my situation. Thanks Dad.

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Oh man no one cares, your missing the point. take it to the covid thread where you have wasted hundreds of hours of your life..the sheer volume of your posts is horrifying. I cant believe I am saying this but - go outside
The upshot is that the more time you spend hollering at clouds before fifty people on the erBB, the less time you have to create true damage to a wider swath of society.

Also - is it this study that was witbrawn because it was incorrect?

1642690971348.png

Or was it a different study? To wit per Reuters: Missing Context. A Canadian study had found that the incidence rate of myocarditis is 1 in 1,000 following an mRNA vaccine. The study has since been retracted due to an error making the above calculation, where the denominator was incorrect by a factor of roughly 25.

Reactions: tacos and menobrah

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
You do, or you wouldn't be here.

You know my situation. Thanks Dad.
I am here to have a laugh get a bit of distraction reading about how dumb pro surfers are - you spend an inordinate amount of time tilting at fucking windmills here anivaxx quixote...for gods sake find a sense of humor and post something funny. Another goddamn myocydartis graph from you - congrats on being the new Bohter, just more boring.

ocean7847

Miki Dora status
Jun 23, 2004
the Injured Reserve
You know what really irked me lately?

Everyone bowing to ol’ One Arm Bethany for sending it on a close out. “Legend” or “warrior” and “all time” getting thrown around pretty loosely…. and she’s a super huge religious kook and anti-vaxxer.

Not totally relevant, but more pertinent to the convo than the other rants.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I am here to have a laugh get a bit of distraction reading about how dumb pro surfers are -
You probably shouldn'tve clicked on the thread then. You can always use the tools available to you to not read my posts.
you spend an inordinate amount of time tilting at fucking windmills here anivaxx quixote...for gods sake find a sense of humor and post something funny. Another goddamn myocydartis graph from you - congrats on being the new Bohter, just more boring.
Are you not entertained?

The upshot is that the more time you spend hollering at clouds before fifty people on the erBB, the less time you have to create true damage to a wider swath of society.
The quickest way to get me off here is to end the Branch Covidian nonsense so I can get back to the rest of my job. We're a year into having vaccines that are 90% effective against hospitalization. Maybe call your congressmxn instead of blaming the victim.

Also - is it this study that was witbrawn because it was incorrect?

View attachment 122780
Nope.
Or was it a different study? To wit per Reuters: Missing Context. A Canadian study had found that the incidence rate of myocarditis is 1 in 1,000 following an mRNA vaccine. The study has since been retracted due to an error making the above calculation, where the denominator was incorrect by a factor of roughly 25.
Nope. It's a new one that was in violent agreement with several others. When you say 'denominator,' which one are you talking about?

I treat you with kid gloves because you're a mod and aren't numerate, but I can see you're veering off into a Dunning-Kruger effect of your own which is why you're countering with some crap you don't understand from Reuters.

• Haha
Reactions: Driftcoast