Los Angeles train burglaries

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
itd be cool if people stopped taking pics and video of it and maybe - i dont know, clean it up?
Good luck with that bit of community support.

No one there gives a ratz ass if that pollution ends up in the ocean eventually (along with all the other untreated sh!t ending up in LA metro rivers)

Maybe you skully and a few other LA industry workers get down there and start?

:roflmao:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W

No one there gives a ratz ass if that pollution ends up in the ocean eventually (along with all the other untreated sh!t ending up in LA metro rivers)

I give a rats ass. A lot of people give a rats ass. In fact, they've deployed a series of nets to trap debris on Ballona Creek. We drove by after the last rains and they seemed to do the trick. Or at least there was a shitton od garbage backed up behind the nets.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California

not a bad idea and i already do a fair bit here in my community in those regards but arent there people who already get paid to clean up stuff like this?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Before you clean up the mess, you have to punish those who made it. Part of the punishment could be cleaning up the mess on a chain gang.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
not a bad idea and i already do a fair bit here in my community in those regards but arent there people who already get paid to clean up stuff like this?
On that scale, you'd need a LOT of people with a LOT of overtime, on union wages.

Will city step up? We'll see.

Maybe the homeless community will scoop up all that cardboard for new housing and campfires?

They haven't banished homeless campfires, though everyday people are discouraged and even banned from using fireplaces in their own homes.

More bass akward policies from the left.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
i will also add in regards to homelessness. its cleaned up quite a bit at least in the areas i frequent. Ktown/Hollywood/EchoPark/Venice, etc have been cleaned up quite a bit tho lots more to do. MCAurther park has even been cleaned out. Now i know they probably got pushed somewhere else but the hotspots of 2020/2021 are much much better now.

Reactions: bird.LA

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
also not a bad idea...but that sh!t shouldnt sit there in the meantime
Agreed, but a cleanup effort will lack support and legitimacy until the public is assured that the government has recovered its ability to punish wrongdoers which is the most basic function of government.

No one wants to be Sisyphus.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I just don't get how or why no one is guarding the hen house?

It's a side rail spur for staging the the train cars and they don't have people there to oversee the side car staging area?

Makes no sense to me.
The government used to guard the hen house. That’s what governments used to do.

Reactions: keenfish