Gasoline Gasoline!

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Perhaps you're unaware of the corrosion issues electrical components and electric motors are prone to in a salt air environment like where I live. You guys in the southwest don't have the same issues.
So it's electrical components now that you're dubious about?

Your Exploder doesn't have electrical components or electric motors?

Are they any electrical components on your boat perhaps? They must be all broken.

I'm just curious how long can you keep this EV stupidity going.

• Haha
Reactions: rice and mundus

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
So it's electrical components now that you're dubious about?

Your Exploder doesn't have electrical components or electric motors?

Are they any electrical components on your boat perhaps? They must be all broken.

I'm just curious how long can you keep this EV stupidity going.
I’m curiouser about why so many cheerlead the tech without buying into it themselves. At least he’s an honest dummy.

Less moving parts that are not required for functionality for the intended purpose is never a bad thing. Count the parts. Which parts are subject to degradation? Every part that moves. This is the biggest no brainer since the thruster.

Reactions: mundus

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I’m curiouser about why so many cheerlead the tech without buying into it themselves.
Because it's obviously far king awesome and it'll be in our budget soon enough?

I live in an old structure in a high-density area. I can't practically run a cable from an outlet I control to a parking lot. Kind of like people in SF or GromsDad Beach where they park in the best parallel spot they can get, not a garage with a remote and electric door.

When I was 17, I went into Sears. They had a flat screen plasma TV the size of one of my monitors, for $20,000. I knew the thing was the most badass thing ever in terms of TV, so I cheered the tech, but it wasn't at a good price point for me yet. But now I can go to WallyWorld or WorstBuy and get one the size of a surfboard for the cost of a surfboard.

When they sent a man to the moon, did you whip out your cock and hose off everyone with bladder lemonade because they didn't buy Apollo rockets to commute in?

• Haha
Reactions: rice

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Because it's obviously far king awesome and it'll be in our budget soon enough?

I live in an old structure in a high-density area. I can't practically run a cable from an outlet I control to a parking lot. Kind of like people in SF or GromsDad Beach where they park in the best parallel spot they can get, not a garage with a remote and electric door.

When I was 17, I went into Sears. They had a flat screen plasma TV the size of one of my monitors, for $20,000. I knew the thing was the most badass thing ever in terms of TV, so I cheered the tech, but it wasn't at a good price point for me yet. But now I can go to WallyWorld or WorstBuy and get one the size of a surfboard for the cost of a surfboard.

When they sent a man to the moon, did you whip out your cock and hose off everyone with bladder lemonade because they didn't buy Apollo rockets to commute in?
Listen junior, you’re a dirtbag cheapskate surfer with neither the the ambition nor the initiative for socioeconomic advancement. I both understand and have ample experience in that realm. My comment was directed at our upward mobility brethren, multiple home owners, upper middle class and above, li dat.

That a man was actually sent to the moon is still open for debate. I saw the Apollo capsule at Cerritos JC when I was in the cub scouts, whipping out your dick and pissing during a Cub Scout event was frowned upon. Although in today’s environment it would probably be applauded.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Again with "non-stop".

Nobody drives 1200 miles non-stop.
That car doesn't exist.

Rivian has 800hp, 900ft lbs of torque and can tow 11,000 lbs and it would probably cost you around $60 to drive to Florida.

You would never have to think about changing the oil or any maintenance other than brakes and tires.

Dummy.

If my mid-1960's Corvette with the larger tank (option) got 33 miles to the gallon, I'd show you who can go 1200 miles non-stop.

:computer:

• Love
Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I’m curiouser about why so many cheerlead the tech without buying into it themselves. At least he’s an honest dummy.

Less moving parts that are not required for functionality for the intended purpose is never a bad thing. Count the parts. Which parts are subject to degradation? Every part that moves. This is the biggest no brainer since the thruster.
EV is the future of transportation.
Denying it is stupid.

I don't have to own a Tesla to know that.

You love faulty logic for some reason.

Battery technology is accelerating, mile range is getting better, prices are getting lower.
My next vehicle will be EV without doubt.

As for moving parts, EV has way less of them, wear and tear is negligent.
EV motors are virtually indestructible, no friction - no wear.
What's the life of a bearing?
80k? 100k?

Last edited:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
EV is the future of transportation.
Denying it is stupid.

I don't have to own a Tesla to know that.

You love faulty logic for some reason.

Battery technology is accelerating, mile range is getting better, prices are getting lower.
My next vehicle will be EV without doubt.

As for moving parts, EV has way less of them, wear and tear is negligent.
EV motors are virtually indestructible, no friction - no wear.
What's the life of a bearing?
80k? 100k?
my wife and I bought a plug-in hybrid last year that we like a lot.

eventually we both want fully electric vehicles

Reactions: plasticbertrand

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Doesn't Fecal drive a Tundra or a Tacoma?
Your point? It’s not all or nothing. It’s a transitional thing. Not affordable for some, not practical for some ... at the present time.

I love internal combustion engines. Washed parts for my dad when I was a kid while he rebuilt his on engines both lower and upper ends. My dad was around hot cars from his youth, his godfather won the Indy 500. Keith Black, Louis Unser, guys like that were guests in our house. Motor heads of distinction. Carrol Shelby. Roger Penske. Mario Andretti. Mark Donahue (mechanical engineer). My dad was an underground racing writer (with troll names included) in the late 60’s. He’d be beyond stocked with the new tech. So would every one of the people I named.

Fecalface should be publicly flogged for selling that Porsche. And then horse whipped. Then sent to the Russian front. Then forced to surf Ponto for the rest of his miserable life. But that’s a horse of a different feather.

Say, aren’t you the guy that rails against single fin longboards?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Doesn't Fecal drive a Tundra or a Tacoma?
I currently have a 4cyl 5 speed '93 Toyota pickup, which is perfect.
No power steering, no AC.
ODO is stuck at 199k miles :roflmao:

1639533957843.jpeg

And a Subaru Outback Wilderness.

Tundra was hitting 150k and I needed something more practical.

@ElOgro I miss the 911 but I've got an offer I couldn't refuse.
I drove the crap out of it and still made $10k on it in the end. :dancing:

Reactions: hal9000

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Listen junior, you’re a dirtbag cheapskate surfer with neither the the ambition nor the initiative for socioeconomic advancement. I both understand and have ample experience in that realm. My comment was directed at our upward mobility brethren, multiple home owners, upper middle class and above, li dat.

That a man was actually sent to the moon is still open for debate. I saw the Apollo capsule at Cerritos JC when I was in the cub scouts, whipping out your dick and pissing during a Cub Scout event was frowned upon. Although in today’s environment it would probably be applauded.
Oh snap game on!

See here gramps, you're sporting a fucking Sierra Mist bottle with a piece of hollowed out dried dogshit as bowl duct taped and glued to it. I'm firing bad on three foot, three chambers of straight glass. You think it was easy black-sheeping an engineering degree for free at a public university in my family of over achievers? Getting the "this generation's last hope of going to Harvard" lecture, and being more concerned if I got into a tube the next day?

You think this sh!t's a game, son? You think Pradeep and Rajesh made the tests' curve easy on these streets?

Holy fucking fuckballs I unironically have a goddamned LinkedIn. I'm practically dying of socioeconomic asphyxiation without even getting my damn dick wet here.

Regarding Apollo, @afoaf will tell you. Yeah yeah yeah yeah.

If you believe, they put a man on the moon.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Oh snap game on!

See here gramps, you're sporting a fucking Sierra Mist bottle with a piece of hollowed out dried dogshit as bowl duct taped and glued to it. I'm firing bad on three foot, three chambers of straight glass. You think it was easy black-sheeping an engineering degree for free at a public university in my family of over achievers? Getting the "this generation's last hope of going to Harvard" lecture, and being more concerned if I got into a tube the next day?

You think this sh!t's a game, son? You think Pradeep and Rajesh made the tests' curve easy on these streets?

Holy fucking fuckballs I unironically have a goddamned LinkedIn. I'm practically dying of socioeconomic asphyxiation without even getting my damn dick wet here.

Regarding Apollo, @afoaf will tell you. Yeah yeah yeah yeah.

If you believe, they put a man on the moon.
First off
DB3E8C15-5B42-4534-8752-76F623803A7B.jpeg
100% recycled parts 8 years of service. Drop it and see what happens. Drop yours and see what happens. Function, lad. Function.

Stop whining, if there was a gun pointed at your head you were the one holding it. You’re rich now so the sacrifice was worth it, right?

No Trivedi, Singh, Desai? Small town school?

Don’t harsh my bong bro.

• Haha
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Few things are as embarrassing as a grown-ass man bragging about his bong
No embarrassment in snitching in hal world though. Button up your snitch jacket, cold weather is on the way.

That the relevance of simplicity and conservation of resources in a thread about same goes over your fat, bald head is a surprise to no one.