Different strains....

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
peopel still do indeed make the acid.. according to a friend :roflmao:

really tho, seems like the best acid i came across was around the late 90's. that perfect laughy, bubbly, body stuff with the perfect amount of introspection.
Yes if you found a legit/straight up dance music techno kid you get some God mode geltabs.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
1994, fall, state street SB. 15 years old. Alice in wonderland blotter. Pretty heavy load for a first trip lol. Didn’t fully come down for a solid 24 hours.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
peopel still do indeed make the acid.. according to a friend :roflmao:

really tho, seems like the best acid i came across was around the late 90's. that perfect laughy, bubbly, body stuff with the perfect amount of introspection.
This is my experience as well but I wonder if it was our relatively more care free youth in the late 90s. By the end of my psychedelic era, i was no longer having fun tripping cause I had more crap in my head like WTF am I going to do with my life and I’m a drunk and the DWIs had already begun, yada yada yada. I think you need to be a particularly tranquil brand of adult to take strong acid and not let life’s stressors creep in or even dominate the experience

mid-late 90s I was a teenager/college kid, so tripping was fun AF and relatively care free and amazing

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
you know, i stopped doing pshycs through my mid-late 30's for that exact reason. too much stuff in the head and i really over did it with mdma. when i got laid off at the beginning of corona i started dabbling again because i had not a care in the world. too much unknown to care really i guess.

well its been very therapeutic and all the little responsibilities dont come up at all. even now that work is going full bore i just enjoy the ride which is surprising and 2021 was a "never say no" year for me so ive been dabbling quite a bit lately.

having said that - the acid these days is really good but not like the 90's imo. now it'smore heady than body in my experience and jut not as strong overall. doesnt last quite as long either which is actually a bonus, lol.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
… I think you need to be a particularly tranquil brand of adult to take strong acid and not let life’s stressors creep in or even dominate the experience
I’m pretty chill
definitely interested
Just not sure the logistics will ever happen

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
the shrooms are waaayyyy better though. people have got that sh!t dialed in!
Dialing in that sh!t appeared to consist of feeding cows, then waiting for the cows to drop a deuce, then waiting for it to rain, then waiting for the sun to shine on the rain-nourished cowshit, and then grabbing the mushrooms.

Alternately someone else could feed the cows and the circle of poorainsun could occur and mayhaps you trespass and purloin, hopefully without becoming a target practice-ee.

I had shroom tea once and it was completely holy fook terrifying bad trip mental.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Dialing in that sh!t appeared to consist of feeding cows, then waiting for the cows to drop a deuce, then waiting for it to rain, then waiting for the sun to shine on the rain-nourished cowshit, and then grabbing the mushrooms.

Alternately someone else could feed the cows and the circle of poorainsun could occur and mayhaps you trespass and purloin, hopefully without becoming a target practice-ee.

I had shroom tea once and it was completely holy fook terrifying bad trip mental.
yeah Shrooms were always just that little bit more “harmless“ feeling of a trip, even eating an eighth and tripping balls. Didn’t last as long as strong acid, and didn’t dig as deep into my psyche. But there were definitely a time or three where the power of the mighty little mushroom indeed blew my mind and made me feel just as deep and involved (for better or worse) as a strong acid trip. But like was mentioned before, even a strong shroom trip doesn’t last nearly as long as an average trip on proper lsd, and the landing is softer

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
yeah Shrooms were always just that little bit more “harmless“ feeling of a trip, even eating an eighth and tripping balls. Didn’t last as long as strong acid, and didn’t dig as deep into my psyche. But there were definitely a time or three where the power of the mighty little mushroom indeed blew my mind and made me feel just as deep and involved (for better or worse) as a strong acid trip. But like was mentioned before, even a strong shroom trip doesn’t last nearly as long as an average trip on proper lsd, and the landing is softer
The acid we got was normally an 8 hour affair and I've never felt not in control. I never wanted to operate a vehicle or be alone in public but I never got caught. I actually watched a bunch of movies in the theatre on it including the Matrix which was a pretty badass experience.

Mushrooms was like 14 hours of uncontrollable intense waking nightmares and being too scared to come out of my room for like another 5-6. Way way gnarly for me.

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
It's all about the micro dose these days for me and I really appreciated them when I partake. My hard tripping days were
over a long time ago.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I think you need to be a particularly tranquil brand of adult to take strong acid and not let life’s stressors creep in or even dominate the experience
I think you're right.

I kinda lived by this rule even when I was young. I had to be in the right mindset to trip. Was generally a spontaneous thing..."We should get some mushrooms today..."

IMHO a lot of bad trips come as a result of planning..."We're gonna trip Saturday" and then everyone is basically obligated cause it was planned all week whatever mindset they're in.

Way too much stuff going on in my head as an adult to trip, although I do get that spontaneous urge about once or twice a year...still no way I'd act on it.

Reactions: stringcheese

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The acid we got was normally an 8 hour affair and I've never felt not in control. I never wanted to operate a vehicle or be alone in public but I never got caught. I actually watched a bunch of movies in the theatre on it including the Matrix which was a pretty badass experience.
Never drove on psychedelics.

But I heard driving around with the windows open on a balmy night while on MDMA is pretty nice in a weird unexpected way.

Mushrooms was like 14 hours of uncontrollable intense waking nightmares and being too scared to come out of my room for like another 5-6. Way way gnarly for me.
It's a dosing issue.

People jumping in feet first with an eighth, or making tea, honey, etc. where what you're getting can't come close to being quantified can really set you up for nightmare.

Speaking of nightmares, the popularity of edibles really boggles my mind. I probably had the most intense psychedelic experience of my life after eating brownies. Runaway train ride that just kept getting more intense with some serious distortion of time. Other than the first few minutes (however long that actually was?) nothing enjoyable about it, more like a bizarre nightmare until I fell asleep.

This was well over a decade ago and at the time pretty much everyone in my social circle was a heavy cheefer and somewhat seasoned psychonaut and I didn't know anyone who was into eating it, for most people once was enough and it generally wasn't particularly pleasant.

Also, head still seemed fucked for the next day or two.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Unless of course, the shrooms are of the freeze dried variety, and you happen to be allergic to penicillin.

Then, prepare to meet Jesus, the Devil, the Matrix, the gnomes, the fish we evolved from, etc... Speaking in tongues will also be involved, as well as spitting in people's faces who try to help, also a good dose of writhing in the mud like a lizard. After your done seeing how the pyramids were built, you come to in the trunk of your buddies car, next to the keg, literally "on ice".

The only real bummers were missing the entire Dead show when Jerry opened with Driving that Train in a red Tshirt at Merriweather Post Pavilion back in the 80's.

:dancing::socrazy::cheers:

Reactions: Subway

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I've never done LSD. Just mushrooms. Probably less than ten times total. The first time I took them I was like 16. A bunch of us camped out on the beach and took an eighth each about an hour before sunset.

I remember sitting on the edge of a sand dune with one of my good friends, watching the sun set. Below us a creek, it's water low with the late summer, snaked lazily across the sand on it's way out to sea. I asked him if he felt anything. Not yet, he said.

We sat there in silence, staring out to sea. Just as the final bit of sunlight melted into the ocean it was as if those final rays moved in slow motion across the waters surface and washed over us in a warm, euphoric glow. The bliss I felt could not be overstated. I looked over at my friend and tried to speak but I couldn't get a word out. The look on his face said it all and we both just started laughing. We rolled down the sand dune and spent some time observing the way the bank along the creek was slowly eroding until it became too dark to see.

Back at camp things were getting a little hectic. Everyone was so fcking high and one friend got really sick just puking and puking and rolling around in the sand speaking gibberish. One of the older, more experienced guys was handling it fairly well and he was taking care of the sick one and making sure we were all drinking plenty of water.

One of my friends was off in the distance, calling to his dead dog.

It was a bit too much for me and I could sense the proximity of darker turn so I wandered off with my sleeping bag a ways and laid down behind a big driftwood log. It was a crisp, clear night and the stars were super vivid. It started to feel like rather than looking up at the sky, I was looking down and the stars were below me. The sky was a still, glassy pond and I could reach out and touch the surface, sending ripples across the entire cosmos.

And then someone stumbled by and kicked sand in my face.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
I've never done LSD. Just mushrooms. Probably less than ten times total. The first time I took them I was like 16. A bunch of us camped out on the beach and took an eighth each about an hour before sunset.

I remember sitting on the edge of a sand dune with one of my good friends, watching the sun set. Below us a creek, it's water low with the late summer, snaked lazily across the sand on it's way out to sea. I asked him if he felt anything. Not yet, he said.

We sat there in silence, staring out to sea. Just as the final bit of sunlight melted into the ocean it was as if those final rays moved in slow motion across the waters surface and washed over us in a warm, euphoric glow. The bliss I felt could not be overstated. I looked over at my friend and tried to speak but I couldn't get a word out. The look on his face said it all and we both just started laughing. We rolled down the sand dune and spent some time observing the way the bank along the creek was slowly eroding until it became too dark to see.

Back at camp things were getting a little hectic. Everyone was so fcking high and one friend got really sick just puking and puking and rolling around in the sand speaking gibberish. One of the older, more experienced guys was handling it fairly well and he was taking care of the sick one and making sure we were all drinking plenty of water.

One of my friends was off in the distance, calling to his dead dog.

It was a bit too much for me and I could sense the proximity of darker turn so I wandered off with my sleeping bag a ways and laid down behind a big driftwood log. It was a crisp, clear night and the stars were super vivid. It started to feel like rather than looking up at the sky, I was looking down and the stars were below me. The sky was a still, glassy pond and I could reach out and touch the surface, sending ripples across the entire cosmos.

And then someone stumbled by and kicked sand in my face.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

blog_images.jpg

:shameonyou:

Reactions: Aruka

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
It seems a lot of people are into tripping at night and hanging around the house.

I don't get that.

Gimme a daytime trip.

I like being out in public exploring and going cool places.

Big cities are fun cause theres always interesting an crazy sh!t around every corner.

Modern college campuses were built for tripping. Cool architecture and landscaping... you can run around and play and no one will bother you.

One rule is you should awlays wear something crazy when you're tripping, it can double the fun.

I got ahold of this long fur coat and some stunna shades one time, it was great running around in that thing for an afternoon.

It's funny if you're out in public and you see someone you know.

You're trying to keep it together while tripping and wearing something outlandish.:ROFLMAO:

Don't forget your sunglasses!