Time to Wax Rhino Chaser

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I’ve seen quite a few do it. All of them locals that have it wired.

Dirty secret though is the pier isn’t really the biggest hazard. I know personally two people who have broken their backs by hitting the bottom right there.

Ive dry docked on the rock there.

More than once.

I know a few that would be happy to stuff folks into those pilings.
LC breeds a funny species.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory

Dirty secret though is the pier isn’t really the biggest hazard. I know personally two people who have broken their backs by hitting the bottom right there.

More than once.
My buddy who lived there broke his collarbone on the bottom, that fucking sucked.
how bad is crowd these days?

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com

More than once.
Dry dock rock is always a bit intimidating there depending on size and tide. I never hit it but had some close calls.

Reactions: santacruzin

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom

More than once.
the dude that hit the pier deserved every barnacle, every splinter. go surf mondos, kook!

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
On the rare good day it looks easy from the road; paddle out and you can discover looks can be decieving. Tons of guys have surfed there only once, "Yeah, I paddled out there once. Not as good as it looks and kind of gnarly."