Having the hardest time trying to get boards right now

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
I protect my boards like children. Happy with them for what I choose to surf and don't want to worry about getting new ones.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Bite the bullet. Order a Stoneman.
I really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings in case Shane Stoneman or someone connected to him is using this board...but damn man, every Stoneman I've ever tried has been a dog. Theyve all tracked and stuck and i like loose flowy boards. it isn't a small number. Gave my last 6'2 parabolic stringer occy copy away, handed it off to a friend who is learning to surf but refused to ride longer boards and needed something to paddle. I'm not saying he's a bad shaper, it could just be bad luck, but we don't vibe.

Last edited:

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Gary Linden is the man, liked all my Linden's. When the quad craze came around a while back I got a couple from him and got to talk to him about boards for a while and learn stuff.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
3+ month wait times on customs, shops with no stock for anyone over 5 foot 2 125lbs, even calling directly and asking Chanel Islands where I could find a stock two happy over 6'0 anywhere in California got me a "sorry, can't help you". So, wtf?? What does a guy have to do to get a fvcking surfboard in this state? I don't want a GD tomo, or a slater thing. Local shapers in SLO area are not my cup of tea. Has anyone seen a Chilli? I'll drive 6 hours for a rarest bird, hot knife, or bv2 over tiny guy size, and a man sized CI 2 happy or Driver2. I've never experienced this, it is weird to feel like I'm bothering people by trying to buy a thousand dollar piece of foam and fiberglass.
Go to the CI shop in SB.

They have plenty of short boards over 6’0 including Two Happys.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
btw if u gays think its hard getting a boar, just try getting a wetsuit this fall lolz

edit: *guys
this! been trying to get a new 3/2 and 4/3 for this upcoming season but finding a medium tall in any of the decent brands is impossible for the last couple months. what ive been wearing is basically swiss cheezed and a leaky mess.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
1 week now. might have changed but mine was done in a week last week lol.
I’m extremely impressed with his production and supply lines.

Not too mention the quality of his builds.

Prob won’t buy anything else going forward

Reactions: Havoc

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
this! been trying to get a new 3/2 and 4/3 for this upcoming season but finding a medium tall in any of the decent brands is impossible for the last couple months. what ive been wearing is basically swiss cheezed and a leaky mess.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13

they have front zip 4/3's too.

Not the most flexible but solid suit otherwise