Twin Fins Are Dank

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
I'm enjoying upright twins in my mid-length despite them being placed in the side-bite boxes....kook move or not? I need to know to avoid hipster banishment...
i was thinking about trying that.
here goes nothing.
(let me know if indeed its a kook move)...

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Is it just me or does the fin placement on this twin look really far up??

I had a robber same fin placement same tail and most likely same concave "spiral V" and suked as twin "AMT set", worked better with twin and small back fin "AMT" , and worked best as thruster with "AM1's. I sold it for this reason and wanted a true tin. That said my Alpha Omega "swallow" 5'8" x19.5" x 2.375" TA fiberglass twin set and my It2win 6'9" x19.5" x2.5" FU 2win set both work great with 11" fin placement:cheers:

Reactions: ReForest and JDJ

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
That said my Alpha Omega "swallow" 5'8" x19.5" x 2.375" TA fiberglass twin set and my It2win 6'9" x19.5" x2.5" FU 2win set both work great with 11" fin placement:cheers:
Very interesting and vastly different than my experience with fins placed @8 1/2" Must be my style(lack of) or or poor weight distribution. Until I moved my fins back to where they are now, all of them had a similar feel. I don't articulate well but, the boards worked well and were fast but turning would frequently be quirky. Mid face turn/drive down face was amazing, but straight drop to hard bottom turn were dicey, and as to when it would release/side out, same on cutbacks . This seemed to amplify backside(I suspect from applying too much forward foot pressure). At first I corrected by making taller/larger fins, which worked, but always still felt like the fins were a sort of fulcrum point from where the board wanted to turn. The bonus was the boards seemed to like being ridden from a more foreword stance. Where I am at now works well for me and I know people's style and desired feel can be different. But (no offence intended) hard for me to get my head around 11" placement ( and I've ridden twinzers exclusively for the last 5 +years) Must be some magic carved into them :shaka:

Last edited:

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
Very interesting and vastly different than my experience with fins placed @8 1/2" Must be my style(lack of) or or poor weight distribution. Until I moved my fins back to where they are now, all of them had a similar feel. I don't articulate well but, the boards worked well and were fast but turning would frequently be quirky. Mid face turn/drive down face was amazing, but straight drop to hard bottom turn were dicey, and as to when it would release/side out, same on cutbacks . This seemed to amplify backside(I suspect from applying to much forward foot pressure). At first I corrected by making taller/larger fins, which worked, but always still felt like the fins were a sort of fulcrum point from where the board wanted to turn. The bonus was the boards seemed to like being ridden from a more foreword stance. Where I am at now works well for me and I know people's style and desired feel can be different. But (no offence intended) hard for me to get my head around 11" placement ( and I've ridden twinzers exclusively for the last 5 +years) Must be some magic carved into them :shaka:
Different strokes, amigo. None of the twinzers I’ve loved have had rearward placement like you and GG preach.

Reactions: need 4 speed