Hawaii- Done

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
My bro in law lives in the Midwest and on one visit I borrowed his car one day, the radio was on some conservative talk radio show called Dan Savage.

Hoe-Lee-Schitt!!!! The host was a card carrying member of the lunatic fringe for sure, but he couldn't hold a candle to the call-ins. They were just off the charts, next level delusional. All of 'em. I am sure the producers didn't let normal people on the air, but I just remember driving around thinking, "OMG, this nation is so fucked!"

Then I came back to Santa Barbara and all was well.
Plenty wackos here in 805:bricks:

Reactions: Boneroni

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
I watched an interview with Steven King yesterday and he described the human rights argument in very simple terms. "You have the RIGHT smoke a cigarette. You DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT to light up in the grocery store and blow it someone's face." Obviously, you can go into much greater detail with this but his point is, you have the ability/right to place yourself in harmful situation but you don't have the RIGHT to place others in that situation due to pride, ignorance or just plain foolishness.

My wife made a comparison to car accidents and seatbelts. With the invention of the seatbelt, fatal car accidents were reduced. The invention of the modern seatbelt and airbags have greatly reduced fatal accidents, especially compared to people that did not wear them. Sure, a percentage of people are going to die due to other circumstances but overall, a majority who wear them do survive. It's the same with masks and vaccines.