The Corona Cuisine Thread

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Tried my hand at Alton Browns corned beef n cabbage. Came out pretty great despite the potatoes being overdone.View attachment 106678

I've got 2 in the fridge. I might make one tonight.

funny anecdote: I was at Makaha years ago when I was invited to a BBQ in the parking lot from some Uncles.
I brought some green bottles (cuz green mo mean) and some chips.
Everyone had food going. One Uncle had 3-4 porterhouses going in the pan on the camping stove. Then he busts out a can of Hormel Corned Beef Hash and tosses it in a pan and says "Brah, I love steaks, but canned goods is good too, brah".

He wasn't wrong.

The other line I can't forget was to a friend who was with me slowly and cautiously surveying the spread of food options. He was allergic to fish so his caution was reasonable. The same Uncle said "Brah, what you waiting for? You eitha in, or you in da way!"

I still drop that line on him today.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: afoaf
Mar 16, 2021
I've got 2 in the fridge. I might make one tonight.

funny anecdote: I was at Makaha years ago when I was invited to a BBQ in the parking lot from some Uncles.
I brought some green bottles (cuz green mo mean) and some chips.
Everyone had food going. One Uncle had 3-4 porterhouses going in the pan on the camping stove. Then he busts out a can of Hormel Corned Beef Hash and tosses it in a pan and says "Brah, I love steaks, but canned goods is good too, brah".

He wasn't wrong.

The other line I can't forget was to a friend who was with me slowly and cautiously surveying the spread of food options. He was allergic to fish so his caution was reasonable. The same Uncle said "Brah, what you waiting for? You eitha in, or you in da way!"

I still drop that line on him today.
Have you any idea best refrigerator locks. I need to find the best refrigerator locks.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JBerry and Subway

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Yes please, tell us all about your refrigerator locks! We’re listening....

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016

Made this yesterday.

subbed the sour cream for greek yogurt and the fresh thyme for fresh sage and Italian seasoning because that was what I had.
Twas nice.

Reactions: Joshua2415

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I feel like I can never get a satisfying bite with flanken cut short ribs like that (although those look like they have a bit more meat than most plate lunches). I've seen them cut thicker on occasion, which intrigues me, but nit's pretty rare. I'd imagine you're stealing meat from another cut by making them thicker.

I LOVE an English cut shortrib though.

Reactions: Joshua2415