Hawaii- Done

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Are we SURE he’s not just an elaboarate troll complete with a forged past and Getty images and what not? I mean, there are some hysterically diabolical MFers on here who are smart enough and bored enough to concoct such an identity out of thin air, and then troll one of surfings most iconic and beloved set of islands, along with the whole erBB
Brah.. I used to be good but not this good. It's not me. Bassy banned all my good trolls and I haven't had a troll handle ever since. :computer:

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka and Subway

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
I’m just kidding. He shall who not be named has been here for days , but man it would be great if it was a troll
Not a troll.

All Hawaii people have a Social Security number beginning with 575 or 574 -

License 1x small.jpg

Everyone happy now?

All I have to do is write "Punahou School 1841 Buff and Blu" and people practically fall all over themselves to vent their disdain, disgust and sheer hatred for anyone who attended this school, all private schools in Hawaii and haole in general.

Kind of makes my point for me - Hawaii is DONE.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
All the bullshit grief I've ever gotten in the water in da islands was from other caucasians. Was surfing Pakalas once 40 years ago. Got a really good one and pulled into the barrel. Local guy ahead is paddling to drop in on me. I'm yelling "Go, Go!!" As he's dropping in he says, stoneface, "fuckkin yeah Im going, brah." Classic.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Since @cstreet did ask for an explanation of why I compared the harassment of black people in the southern United States with the harassment of caucasians in Hawaii, I do have one explanation - two in fact; incidents of police harassment that I can recall in some detail.

One of the common tactics used in the southern part of the US to let black drivers know they are not welcome in a community is to follow them. The police will follow them for as long as it takes, until they do something that can be described on a citation as a "moving violation". They get an expensive ticket and learn fast - they are not welcome in that community.

One experience I had was on Nimitz Highway under the Airport freeway. I had left the main Post Office and turned right onto the highway when I noticed a police vehicle in my rear-view mirror. This officer had seen me in the Post Office parking lot - I saw him also. He followed me out to the highway and stayed right behind me - for 13 consecutive lights. I drove the speed limit and did nothing,

I finally pulled over at a bus stop and stopped, so he could pass me. He pulled over behind me and turned on his lights and siren. He turned them off and came up to the drivers side, standard "licence, registration and proof of insurance" request. I complied, and he wrote a citation for "Unsafe Lane Change" and gave it to me, saying "Go back to the mainland, haole".as he left.

I asked for a jury trial and prepared my statement, that this officer had deliberately followed me and harassed me because I was a caucasian - no other reason.

I did not get a chance to deliver my statement as a judge dismissed the citation for a procedural error. In the space for "Colour of Vehicle" the officer had written "SILVA" instead of "SILVER", as I was driving a silver Toyota at the time. So local, brah.

The other instance was on Kaukonahua Road to Waialua, one of the most dangerous roads on O'ahu, Fun to drive, but dangerous. The officer followed me closely through all the twists and turns, all the way to Waialua then hit his lights and siren and pulled me over. I gave my license, registration and proof of insurance and he wrote a citation for "Crossing Center Line" and "Reckless Driving", both untrue and literally threw the citation into my car and onto the floor.

As I already had a return ticket to South Africa, HNL HKG JNB HKG HNL, for the same time as the trial date, I paid the $85 fine - rather than cancel the ticket for a court date, but the charges were completely fabricated - he cited me because I was a haole, no other reason.

Are these incidents as bad as the black guy who got shot by rednecks in Georgia for "Jogging while Black" in a white neighborhood? No, they are not. But they are definitely racially-motivated harassment from the police.

I am supposed to tolerate being harassed by the police in Hawaii because I am a caucasian, a haole?

No. Never. That is just wrong.

Racially motivated harassment from the police - another reason Hawaii is DONE.
Like you, I'm a white guy and I travel a lot for a living. Unlike you, most of my work travel is domestic USA. I have been given the exact same treatment you described above by Local Yokel cops in small towns all over the Southwest but never in HI.
The remote Mormon "towns" in N. NM are the worst.
There must be a certain magnetism about you that attracts this treatment you receive. Maybe some self reflection is in need....

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
All the bullshit grief I've ever gotten in the water in da islands was from other caucasians. Was surfing Pakalas once 40 years ago. Got a really good one and pulled into the barrel. Local guy ahead is paddling to drop in on me. I'm yelling "Go, Go!!" As he's dropping in he says, stoneface, "fuckkin yeah Im going, brah." Classic.
If it’s a good one at my regular I’ll tell visitors I got it already. My friends just laugh.

@kidfury FYI there’s no s in the Hawaiian language. We don’t call Hawaiian named spots Ala Moana’s, Laniakea’s or Makapuu’s etc. But for some reason Pakala even by locals is called Pakala’s. My Hawaiian friend Dwayne and I was scolded by Dr. Carlos Andrade one morning. Carlos is a teacher and I’ll always remember that.

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
If it’s a good one at my regular I’ll tell visitors I got it already. My friends just laugh.

@kidfury FYI there’s no s in the Hawaiian language. We don’t call Hawaiian named spots Ala Moana’s, Laniakea’s or Makapuu’s etc. But for some reason Pakala even by locals is called Pakala’s. My Hawaiian friend Dwayne and I was scolded by Dr. Carlos Andrade one morning. Carlos is a teacher and I’ll always remember that.
I have written a lot about surfing and the added "s" puzzled me. Sometimes it is a possessive, such as Chun's and Jocko's (which btw used to be known as Knoll's Reef). The "s" is typically not for plural names. Maybe it is a surfer slang thing since it seems to happen well beyond Hawaii.

Totally understand about Hawaiian words but these are surf spot names that have Hawaiian roots. Especially contractions add that "s". Kewalo Basin became Kewalos. Mokuleia becomes Mokes.

Reactions: teeroi

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017

Regret having named it all. Coupla guys probably thinking, "screw that haole name dropper." Thanks for the language lesson.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I support body autonomy and peoples choices. But please consider getting the vaccine if you guys haven't yet. There are tons of spots in Hawaii where you can.

People keep dying from COVID and getting very sick. It isn't a joke. Consider it please.

I keep seeing peoples deaths and they didnt have it.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
This thread has convinced me I need a Hawaii trip, off season when its not so busy And COVID dies down. Maybe I’ll take my parents for moms bday. We are all white but have been very lucky to not get beat up thus far.
I haven't been in a fight or been beaten up by another human being in well over 40 years, maybe since Mike Sykes whupped me in the 8th grade.

However, I have gotten my ass kicked by the ocean many, many times since that day in jr. high school.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015

Dats cuz Pakalas all da old skool Filipinos

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
local - type cop pulled me over for speeding in Haliewa....I had been partying and was
arrestable....he let me go.
bless his heart.
:love::applause2::applause2::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
One time I went through a DUI checkpoint in my mom's car. Got stopped. Asked if I had been drinking. I had 2-3 with dinner (truthfully). I wasn't wasted but sometimes cops will hassle you if they smell any booze.

Cop asks for the paperwork and can't find the car's registration or safety check. Tell him I can't find it and think I'm about to go to jail. The following ensued:

Cop: Are you military?
Me: Yes
Cop: Are you from here?
Me: Yes
Cop: What high school did you go?

I went to the all boys school in Kaimuki known to be a feeder for HPD. I respond to his question and he looks at me for two seconds and then tells me have a nice night and waves me through. Thanks Uncle wherever you are :shaka:

Last edited: