Album Surfboards

EntropyFletch

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 20, 2006
San Diego
Hit ‘em up. I ordered mine through Varial in March or April and already received and surfrd the snot out of it. Maybe you got some hipster swirls putting you in a longer line.
Just a solid color...Have hit em up several times and as mentioned Paul M is super responsive but always saying its a week out! It's been months over the quoted time tho...

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Pretty much the same as what I'm waiting on from them (but color tint and white plugs). I was told today mine should be done late next week. I would have grabbed this in a sec if I didn't have one on order. I don't love the shape info lam between the fins, kinda screams overseas pop-out IMHO.
What would that be on the timing front for you?

Tomay

OTF status
Feb 2, 2010
Placed an order for an Album Plasmic, 4 month wait here at the moment but should arrive in time for summer.
Going to chat with the shaper when I'm up in the queue to stretch it out a bit as I'm 6'1. Probably look for something around 32ltrs as I'm 75kgs. Reckon I could get away with stretching it out to a 5'8 and maintain the integrity of the shape for small waves? Anyone done something similar with theirs?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Placed an order for an Album Plasmic, 4 month wait here at the moment but should arrive in time for summer.
Going to chat with the shaper when I'm up in the queue to stretch it out a bit as I'm 6'1. Probably look for something around 32ltrs as I'm 75kgs. Reckon I could get away with stretching it out to a 5'8 and maintain the integrity of the shape for small waves? Anyone done something similar with theirs?
My Plasmic order a couple pages back is a bit stretched out compared to stock. 5'9 x 20 1/4 x 2 1/2"

Remains to be seen how it works but Matt seemed to think it was dimensionally fine for someone my size: 6'3" x 180lbs. (82kg)

I think mine will end up between 34-35L.

Maybe ask about the EAST (Electric Acid Surfboard Test) file since it's a little narrower overall.

Wish I could give you an actual report but it will be a while.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Definitely talk witb matt a bit first. We are the same dims. Mine is the original short and chonky sizing but packs a ton of foam at 5’5 x 2.45 thick, mid 33L I believe. I can gravel the snot out of mine but I also like these kinds of boards around this length.

to hit around 32L on a 5’8 you’ll either be going considerably narrower or thinner than stonk but maybe the E.A.S.T. version doesnt carry the same foil.

Reactions: Tomay and Aruka
Mar 14, 2011
Question for you Album folks/fans…. I’m looking to refresh the few boards in my quiver after way too long. Looking at
1) Lightbender varial for all around slopey points/reefs and beach break.
2) debating btw Twinsman Pin or Insanity for the good head high+ punchy hollow beachbreak days…? And varial, or not to varial on this board?

I’ve got the small wave and big wave boards already dialed in… just looking to fill the gap for the day in and day out stuff in between.

Any thoughts or input on #2 based on your guys’ experience would be greatly appreciated!

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
What’s kinda funny about the swallow tail is the emphasis Matt made to me about getting your foot all the way back to get the most out of the design.

he pointed out that it wasn’t a swallow tail.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
I like the look of Yury's swallow Plasmic, that still has the wing on the tail

1626290917975.png