Some Drama with Everyone's Favorite!

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
He sure did...
Lot of pricks in surfing :roflmao:
in particular everyone involved in the manufacture of hipster-type boards (mini simmons rock don''t get me wrong but they just are) being a vain, unprofessional asshole really just seems fitting. It's like, confirming a stereotype that makes total sense even though I hadn't really thought about that stereotype before.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
A couple of absolute rippers, those two. McCallum is a serious charger, also. Despite this controversy, they've all contributed a lot to surfing.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
in particular everyone involved in the manufacture of hipster-type boards (mini simmons rock don''t get me wrong but they just are) being a vain, unprofessional asshole really just seems fitting. It's like, confirming a stereotype that makes total sense even though I hadn't really thought about that stereotype before.
its part of the image. it’s like they’re hardcore bikers but make and ride boars that beginners ride

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
So bob Simmons started hydrodynamica? I am so confused

RK looks like the loser here.Admits to not paying Joel, makes some comment about if being for a Japanese billionaire as if it that makes it ok to not pay.
multiple other people claiming rip offs.

good morning coffee read!
greg griffin started hydrodynamica. lift, plane, release. u new here or st?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
no I really do think that, and assume that. you'll just have to take my word for it.
I know you think that. You are correct in that you definitely think that.

What it is that you think is what’s wrong.

Bohter (apparently) thinks the world is flat. He’s wrong.

Reactions: tacos

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
I would have figured "because I
I know you think that. You are correct in that you definitely think that.

What it is that you think is what’s wrong.

Bohter (apparently) thinks the world is flat. He’s wrong.
"because I find him annoying I'll confidently presume he's in the wrong" is a way of saying, in a lighthearted, slightly self deprecating tone, "because I find him annoying I don't care whether he got ripped off or not." would have figured that would be obvious. anyway.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
To be clear: I respect jitz as a part of MMA and as a sport, but it's clear that it is also a way for Brazzos to scam suburban moms. Brazzos "respect the hustle" and nowhere is this more evident than in the spread of their cancerous McDojo system and proliferation of intermediate belts and promotion fees.

For suburban UMC hipsters like Joel Jitsu, I think the jitz is a way to earn cred in the lineup despite surfing like a sissy. For some of the pro practioners, it's the awareness that they're small and the Brazzos will continue to drop in unless you're friends with another Brazzo such as the owner of the local McDojo.