Album Surfboards

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
I take just as good care, but mine never last more than a year or two max. Creases, snaps, loss of pop/flex, resin gets easier to ding, deep pressures, stringer spine, board feels soft/dead, etc.

I agree it’s the best feeling contruction in the first year, by far. Still not worth more than $500.
Its hard for me to yolo on a pu at that price for the same reason or atleast on shapes I know I will put a lot of miles on. I'm much more inclined to get an Album through XTR that have a fairly quick turnaround, better price, and lasts longer. I like the liveliness of them as well so its a no brainer for me. If its a board more specific to bigger waves, not something I grab on a regular basis, than I prefer PU's less disturbed feeling in larger stuff.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Looks like these were the boards by the apprentice Glasser and it was his first day on the job doing tints. You screwed up the laps on the nose? No problem some YOLO will buy it for top dollar anyways.

View attachment 110756

can’t get it right on tail? No problem. YOLO.
View attachment 110757
Looks like some serious quality attention to detail. :toilet::mad::poop:
Umm. That’s his blem boar price!
:(That is a shame to see though

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Looks like these were the boards by the apprentice Glasser and it was his first day on the job doing tints. You screwed up the laps on the nose? No problem some YOLO will buy it for top dollar anyways.

View attachment 110756

View attachment 110757
Yes, that $1000 quality work!

The Plasmic I ordered had resin bubbles throughout and the finish sanding in the back half of the board was never...well, finished.

Outline was crooked too. Since the board was machined I'm guessing it just wasn't laid on the machine correctly (?)

Glad the board wasn't on my dime.

Last edited:

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Why?

I think it actually makes total sense.

The last thing he has to be concerned about is QC.
Nah, maybe for a while, but can’t maintain the premium prices for long if the customer realizes the quality dropped. That guy is gonna be bummed. the people that can afford those prices can justify it to themselves- if they feel like it’s a premium product. Well, I can only speak for my experience, but the color (not resin tint) and finish on the pu I yolo’ed in Jan is immaculate. No complaints.

edit: that sucks about your Plasmic too

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr J

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

View attachment 110756

View attachment 110757
That’s actually the Album aesthetic. It’s like that on purpose.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Surfed the twinsman again lastnight. Board is really fun. not a cruiser and not a groveler but a fun, rewarding challenge. surfs like a high performance thruster but with some unique surprises. Been moving my feet around a lot and if you get up on the front it feels like a keel fish, but then shuffle back to the tail and it turns as sharp as you’d want. unlike anything I’ve surfed before.