Hawaii- Done

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
I just want to flip some of these New Folks off with their buffed out double decker Jeeps, the Elon Muskovites & the 3 new 911 Porsche convertibles but I work in the most popular restaurant on Kauai's north shore hence, I cannot afford to take that position.
The $$$'s suck me in, my co-workers are the best but we're just getting beat up every night with the amount of folks waiting to eat and the bozo's that use to work at the restaurant that are still on UI checks can suck Uncle's schwantz ~ :dancing:

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Yesterday my local was doing its best head high lowers impression and it was incredible. Surfed almost 4 hours which is something I rarely do. This morning was a little smaller but still good. Few more little north swells remaining and it is almost June.

So Hawaii - Not Done!

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
If the tacoma is the G-wagon, is the Ford Ranger XLT less covetted?
There is a large amount of new Rangers on the road. I see them everywhere now. Since the Frontier is old as fuk and most people don't want a full size truck. And there's only one Toyota dealer on island so your bargaining position is you pay MSRP plus for a Tacoma. A Ranger can be had for A LOT less.

Reactions: Boneroni

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I see a guy in Kailua driving a huge Mercedes SUV with a license plate that says "Kapaa2". Not sure what he does but the car gotta be a 150k car and its lifted and modded to the max.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I just want to flip some of these New Folks off with their buffed out double decker Jeeps, the Elon Muskovites & the 3 new 911 Porsche convertibles but I work in the most popular restaurant on Kauai's north shore hence, I cannot afford to take that position.
The $$$'s suck me in, my co-workers are the best but we're just getting beat up every night with the amount of folks waiting to eat and the bozo's that use to work at the restaurant that are still on UI checks can suck Uncle's schwantz ~ :dancing:
I live next to some of these Bozos. Some of them give me stink eye when I'm out on my morning runs. Probably don't like the brown guy running through their neighborhood. :ROFLMAO:

I always told myself that I would not be a wave hog. But, these transplants have no sense of reason and are incredibly entitled. I remember I let a guy get a good one that I was in position for then he paddles back out and tries to paddle under me to take the next wave. It was then that I realized these people have no idea how to share and think the world is theirs.

So now I just take what I feel like. It is liberating. I always make sure that the Uncles get theirs first before I go for one. But, if you're not from here then I'm sorry to say that I will not be yielding to your attempts to get into position. Sharing is not in their vocabulary.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I live next to some of these Bozos. Some of them give me stink eye when I'm out on my morning runs. Probably don't like the brown guy running through their neighborhood. :ROFLMAO:

I always told myself that I would not be a wave hog. But, these transplants have no sense of reason and are incredibly entitled. I remember I let a guy get a good one that I was in position for then he paddles back out and tries to paddle under me to take the next wave. It was then that I realized these people have no idea how to share and think the world is theirs.

So now I just take what I feel like. It is liberating. I always make sure that the Uncles get theirs first before I go for one. But, if you're not from here then I'm sorry to say that I will not be yielding to your attempts to get into position. Sharing is not in their vocabulary.
Probably best to judge people on an individual basis, in fact I think there's a term for not doing this.

Having said that, you're totally right.

• Haha
Reactions: Muscles

goingoutside

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 7, 2016
I see a guy in Kailua driving a huge Mercedes SUV with a license plate that says "Kapaa2". Not sure what he does but the car gotta be a 150k car and its lifted and modded to the max.
The "Kapaa2" plate refers to Kapaa Light Industrial Park, pretty sure that's the owners car or son's, it's a family business.

Maybe you go up there to get your auto Safety -check at one of the shops over there. They just put up a big new warehouse.

....I am goingoutside now...Hawaii is done, in one sense...but if you paddle outside, sometimes....get set's....Outside! bradda!

Reactions: bluemarlin04

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
they all going to leave and go back where they came from in 5-8 years when the rock fever finally sets in.
some will stay most will leave like the rest have for eons
to bad they screw this place up more and more before they go

used to laugh at all the lamborghini countachs I used to see/hear downtown
Ed Buck (EA Buck) used to drive around town in his red one.

When I was younger I used to want to own a twin turbo ghibli s Grigio Meratea ( an A8 like my bosses would've been more reasonable) but where the hell you gonna drive those without clogging your cylinders with carbon deposits. I think a lowered 60's dragon-tail bench seat coupe deville would be cool to drive around with surf racks

as far as trucks, I always wanted a rusted out surplus military H1 diesel so I could scare everyone around me drifting into lanes. Kind of like those crazy local house mover trucks heading to campbells

Reactions: bluemarlin04

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
The "Kapaa2" plate refers to Kapaa Light Industrial Park, pretty sure that's the owners car or son's, it's a family business.

Maybe you go up there to get your auto Safety -check at one of the shops over there. They just put up a big new warehouse.

....I am goingoutside now...Hawaii is done, in one sense...but if you paddle outside, sometimes....get set's....Outside! bradda!
Oh never knew that.

Car is nice. I always see it parked at a fat mansion on the beach in Lanikai.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015

Same.

If I don’t know you and never seen you at the break. And you’re clearly not from here- I’m just gonna go.

Tried to be nice and correct people when they stepped out of line but they always play the victim. So now I’m just gonna take

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
they all going to leave and go back where they came from in 5-8 years when the rock fever finally sets in.
some will stay most will leave like the rest have for eons
to bad they screw this place up more and more before they go

used to laugh at all the lamborghini countachs I used to see/hear downtown
Ed Buck (EA Buck) used to drive around town in his red one.

When I was younger I used to want to own a twin turbo ghibli s Grigio Meratea ( an A8 like my bosses would've been more reasonable) but where the hell you gonna drive those without clogging your cylinders with carbon deposits. I think a lowered 60's dragon-tail bench seat coupe deville would be cool to drive around with surf racks

as far as trucks, I always wanted a rusted out surplus military H1 diesel so I could scare everyone around me drifting into lanes. Kind of like those crazy local house mover trucks heading to campbells
Pretty much kailua.

Every 5-8 year a new generation of ding dongs show up and the old ones leave. The few who stuck around like to tell the others to go

goingoutside

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 7, 2016
Sometimes driving a rusty old pick-up truck in Honolulu town comes in handy.

I was heading makai on Pensacola st. one day and I needed to get over one lane, as I was in a left turn lane and I wanted to go straight at the next intersection, so I turned on my right-side turn signal (some folks still know how!) checked my rear-view mirror and planned my move. Just so happens the guy in a Lexus couple car lengths back see's what I am about to do and speeds up to try to over-take me. I gently changed lanes as he applied his fancy deluxe power brakes and stayed behind me.

Ain't no way Mr. Lexus was gonna risk get close to my old beater truck. This was back when Lexus's where the latest fancy cars that some folks drove on Oahu, they traded in their Toyota's for the upgrade...

Next time you need to change lanes in your beater truck make sure you get the room, turn on your thinker-blinker,
and sing this tune...Range Rover, Range Rova' I stay coming ova'!

...I am goingoutside now...

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Seems your surf contest permits will be available again starting June 1st.
Wonder what that'll do to the already crowded lineups....

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
A project I am consulting on, a locally owned version of Uber / Lyft called "holoholo" (means "to cruise" in Hawaiian):

Launched yesterday. 500 rider downloads so far. I think we have 200 drivers, with new ones being added every hour.
Keeps the money in Hawaii. Only outbound money was whitelabeling the app (not from Uber/Lyft).
Please be patient as we roll out.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
A project I am consulting on, a locally owned version of Uber / Lyft called "holoholo" (means "to cruise" in Hawaiian):

Launched yesterday. 500 rider downloads so far. I think we have 200 drivers, with new ones being added every hour.
Keeps the money in Hawaii. Only outbound money was whitelabeling the app (not from Uber/Lyft).
Downloading now. Thanks

• Love
Reactions: racer1

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

respeto

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit