Kids getting caught in crossfire as US gun violence surges

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
BS, Private sales without background checks are legal in some states
Only if both parties live in that state.

If the buyer lives in another state it has to be transferred through a licensed dealer. If the gun isn‘t legally allowed in the buyers state you can‘t buy it.

It’s a federal crime.

Read the link I posted...

Here’s the nut in case you missed it the first time....

”An unlicensed individual is prohibited from directly transferring a firearm to a person residing in another state.
Regardless of the purpose of the transfer (eg. gift, trade, loan, sale, ownership, etc.) this restriction applies to all firearms.”

Do you understand what the above quoted words mean?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Only if both parties live in that state.

If the buyer lives in another state it has to be transferred through a licensed dealer. If the gun isn‘t legally allowed in the buyers state you can‘t buy it.

It’s a federal crime.

Read the link I posted...

Here’s the nut in case you missed it the first time....

”An unlicensed individual is prohibited from directly transferring a firearm to a person residing in another state.
Regardless of the purpose of the transfer (eg. gift, trade, loan, sale, ownership, etc.) this restriction applies to all firearms.”

Do you understand what the above quoted words mean?
Ok they cannot transferred legally between states does not change the larger point that guns are sold without background checks in some states allowing them to end up in the inner city which your ilk loves to cry your crocodile tears over.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Ok they cannot transferred legally between states does not change the larger point that guns are sold without background checks in some states allowing them to end up in the inner city
which is illegal...
which your ilk loves to cry your crocodile tears over.
I have no issue with people who live in the inner cities possessing firearms and using them for any legal purpose they so choose.

• Dislike
Reactions: mundus

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
It’s illegal to have a firearm in Chicago.

We’re you dropped on your head when you were little?

Almost all guns used in crimes in Chicago are illegally possessed.

Read the fucking ATF link I posted.

Sales of guns in one state that go to another state without a legal FFL transfer are illegal.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
It’s illegal to have a firearm in Chicago.

We’re you dropped on your head when you were little?

Almost all guns used in crimes in Chicago are illegally possessed.

Read the fucking ATF link I posted.

Sales of guns in one state that go to another state without a legal FFL transfer are illegal.
Your own fooking link says private sales without background checks are legal in some states and that is my only point. You are trying to gaslight the fact that more guns in circulation means more guns are misused.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Your own fooking link says private sales without background checks are legal in some states and that is my only point. You are trying to gaslight the fact that more guns in circulation means more guns are misused.
Go back and read our conversation.

I made a fool of you from word one.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Delusional, ignorant and arrogant.
Are private sales legal in Illinois?

No.

Can a resident of Illinois go to a state where they are legal and buy a gun without transferring through a dealer?

No.

So any gun obtained by an Illinois resident in this manner was illegally obtained.

Can you posses a firearm in the city of Chicago?

For the most part no.

Pretty much all guns in Chicago were obtained illegally and all of them are possessed illegally.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Another reason why every firearm and ammo transaction should be traceable via a serial number.
If I want to give or sell a gun to my friend it’s none of your business.

Good luck serializing ammo. Wouldn’t serve any purpose anyway.