2020 can fck off!

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I started thinking about what I like to do before bed (some light stretching of the neck, shoulders and back, so I can sink in to the mattress) and applied it to my boy. Maybe it was coincidence but he slept for 5 hours and 4 hours with a 1 hour block in between (I played video games while he laid on my chest). Wife slept a full 9 and I got 8 combined (counting the 10 times I got up to make sure he's still breathing). I feel like a human again.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I started thinking about what I like to do before bed (some light stretching of the neck, shoulders and back, so I can sink in to the mattress) and applied it to my boy. Maybe it was coincidence but he slept for 5 hours and 4 hours with a 1 hour block in between (I played video games while he laid on my chest). Wife slept a full 9 and I got 8 combined (counting the 10 times I got up to make sure he's still breathing). I feel like a human again.
Kids regardless of age get dialed in as well and you well see :shaka: My son had a "poopin'" outfit 100% sure thing every time he wore it:socrazy:

• Haha
Reactions: racer1

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
My kids aren't babies anymore but I still go in their rooms before I sleep and make sure they're still breathing.

My Dad told me he did that until both my brother and I were out of the house. lol.
Even after childhood into teens:shaka: When my son started high school I told him regardless hour you can call me anytime for a ride no questions asked and at 27 the offer still stands:cheers:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm probably jinxing it by posting this but he's been pretty chill. He sleeps for 2-4 hour blocks, wakes up and is fun and cuddly for 15 minutes, then wants to eat for 15 minutes, then change his diaper and back to sleep for 2-4 hours. A little crying and screaming here and there, but doesn't fight sleep. Eating a lot. Think I can actually see him growing. Wife sleeps full 8-9 hours every night and I get 6-7 hours combined. I really hope this doesn't change, I could do this indefinitely.

Reactions: hammies and Aruka

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
It's when they discover the word "No" that it all goes to sh!t.
And worse, once they start using logic against you and it's relatively sound.

That's when you say what you said you never would: "Because I said so, that's why!"

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Quieting a crying infant is an incredible bonding experience that builds a lasting love and trust

I was a baby whisperer for my grandkids. I was the go to one when one of the kids was exhausted butt couldn’t sleep, or just worked up. And as they grew past that stage, we just built on that solid foundation and were building something really strong that will last forever

Sometimes I side to hear people say they weren’t so into the dad thing until the kids got
older, and I think, damn, such a shame to miss that
But maybe some people aren’t exactly like me

glad you’re loving it racer!
cowabunga
rg

• Love
Reactions: Muscles and racer1

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I had a moment last night. I was walking around the house, doing stuff, carrying him, but not looking at him. Then I swing him around from my hip to facing me and he's eyes wide open, looking straight in to my soul and smriking. First thought was oh no, I'm in trouble. I'll do anything he asks lol.

Last edited:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
My kids aren't babies anymore but I still go in their rooms before I sleep and make sure they're still breathing.

My Dad told me he did that until both my brother and I were out of the house. lol.
The only advice my dad gave me about children was, "Son, children are cheaply produced in mass quantities by inexperienced help." He also said that by the third kid, you walk by and kick the crib every once in awhile to see if they're still alive. He was right.
If it was all that hard, there wouldn't be almost 8 billion people.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I'm probably jinxing it by posting this but he's been pretty chill. He sleeps for 2-4 hour blocks, wakes up and is fun and cuddly for 15 minutes, then wants to eat for 15 minutes, then change his diaper and back to sleep for 2-4 hours. A little crying and screaming here and there, but doesn't fight sleep. Eating a lot. Think I can actually see him growing. Wife sleeps full 8-9 hours every night and I get 6-7 hours combined. I really hope this doesn't change, I could do this indefinitely.
I remember some friends saying the same thing then three-four months later....:)

We started living in an old house
My ma gave birth and we were checking it out
It was a baby boy, so we bought him a toy
It was a ray gun, and it was 1981

We named him 'Baby', he had a toothache
He started crying, it sounded like an earthquake
It didn't last long, because I stopped it
I grabbed a rag doll and stuck some little pins in it

Now we're a family, and we're alright now
We got money, and a little place to fight now
We don't know you, and we don't owe you
But if you see us around, I got something else to show you

PS
I am sure you guys ae going to do a great job of raising a happy well-adjusted child. Have you started the college fund yet?

Attachments

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
The only advice my dad gave me about children was, "Son, children are cheaply produced in mass quantities by inexperienced help." He also said that by the third kid, you walk by and kick the crib every once in awhile to see if they're still alive. He was right.
If it was all that hard, there wouldn't be almost 8 billion people.
Your Dad was a smart man. Mine told me their a lot more durable than they look so don't be afraid.

I'll be honest, I was terrified the first time I held my newborn son. I was so scared I would do something wrong and hurt him.

Reactions: npsp and PRCD