*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Who is "they?" Where is this estimate? This could be estimated from excess death data normalized to the percent of population susceptible to dying of COVID. One fact that the press loves to overlook is a country's age structure. India is a young country, like Indonesia. They have very similar rates of deaths/million (132 vs 162).
View attachment 108515

This is the best thing I could find on the topic. TL DR; it's not at all clear
Dude... they. whoever the fuck they are... the people who have time to look into this sh!t. the people who actually work doing it. I'll believe them over you, sorry.

I fucking give up. Their entire health system has collapsed, they have no medication, no oxygen, no whatever dafuq else they need. I've even told you of people I work with taking days off to drive through the country trying to pay people to donate blood but you insist on always refusing to believe it. It's on the news that people are being told TO BURN THEIR OWN FUCKING DEAD. But sure, since it's in the news it must not not be true, seems to be your moto. I'm fucking telling you how it is in my own fucking country, but it seems you and your numbers own this sh!t. You are patronizing me and it feels so fucking great.

Whatever man, like it would fucking change a thing whether you're right or I'm wrong.

Thing is, you are just a dude throwing numbers on the internet, you are giving me no reason to believe in you over anything else no matter how much you think you are awesome and how much you seem to think that I'm a media whore.

Sorry for venting and you may as well be a cool as fuck guy, but it's fucking annoying.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Dude... they. whoever the fook they are... the people who have time to look into this sh!t. the people who actually work doing it. I'll believe them over you, sorry.

I fucking give up. Their entire health system has collapsed, they have no medication, no oxygen, no whatever dafuq else they need. I've even told you of people I work with taking days off to drive through the country trying to pay people to donate blood but you insist on always refusing to believe it. It's on the news that people are being told TO BURN THEIR OWN FUCKING DEAD. But sure, since it's in the news it must not not be true, seems to be your moto. I'm fucking telling you how it is in my own fucking country, but it seems you and your numbers own this sh!t. You are patronizing me and it feels so fucking great.

Whatever man, like it would fucking change a thing whether you're right or I'm wrong.

Thing is, you are just a dude throwing numbers on the internet, you are giving me no reason to believe in you over anything else no matter how much you think you are awesome and how much you seem to think that I'm a media whore.

Sorry for venting and you may as well be a cool as fook guy, but it's fucking annoying.
I remember when you first started posting and I didn't think you were really Brazilian because your English was too good.

How long ago was that?

How time flies.

Maybe send him some flowers?

• Haha
Reactions: brukuns

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Dude... they. whoever the fook they are... the people who have time to look into this sh!t. the people who actually work doing it. I'll believe them over you, sorry.
You seem resolutely credulous.

I fucking give up. Their entire health system has collapsed, they have no medication, no oxygen, no whatever dafuq else they need. I've even told you of people I work with taking days off to drive through the country trying to pay people to donate blood but you insist on always refusing to believe it. It's on the news that people are being told TO BURN THEIR OWN FUCKING DEAD.
Which country are you talking about? India? I'm sure things are worse now than they were, but that's a low hurdle in a country like India. Have you been? There is absolute squalor on a good day. There are rivers of sh1t in India. People burn their own dead when there's no pandemic. It's a Hindu custom. The British raj got them to stop throwing the surviving wives on the funeral pyres of their dead husbands thank God.

We're discussing the narrow question of "Is the outbreak as bad as it's made out to be on teevee?" In the UK, people have been dying in much greater numbers on average and there's far less international howling. Same for Spain, France, and Belgium. We heard almost nothing about the disasters in New York and New Jersey which beat every Western country in deaths/million. I remember the howling over Japan and Sweden too. "They're all going to die in droves!" The press turned out to be completely wrong about those two countries.
1619487555158.png

But sure, since it's in the news it must not not be true, seems to be your moto. I'm fucking telling you how it is in my own fucking country, but it seems you and your numbers own this sh!t. You are patronizing me and it feels so fucking great.
Sorry you've had this collision with reality, but I got numbers from your own bureaucracy. Your deaths/million are basically identical to the UK.

Are you a perma-fry? How 'bout you just shut your whiny face and act like a man?

• Love
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

Sorry for venting and you may as well be a cool as fook guy, but it's fucking annoying.
don't let the kooks drag you down

take care, carnal

Reactions: Aruka

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Some really interesting discussion in this one.....all the ferrets died upon reinfection?

Also...Vaccine shedding is being discussed in the past week or so.

I dunno....NMD.

And some great footage of UK and other protests.....a time lapse of all the folks walking by.

Many thousands...

So Auto.....if Health Passports and the like are no different from drivers licenses....or previous vaccine requirements to do a few things....then why don't we see anybody protesting them like we do here? Maybe not the same same eh.... Many countries had lockdowns comparable to martial law....and now to get their essential freedom back they must show their papers? Carrot and stick much?

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
It isn't mutually exclusive to believe there is the existence of the virus, and also believe we're getting the wool pulled over our eyes in the handling of it.

One can not be a conspiracy theorist, and still not trust in governments.

Personally, I believe the chit exists. I also believe that the global populations health and well being are not being placed first over potential profits, or spin to gain further control, unfortunately. I also believe that our civil liberties are being tokenized and used to barter with the global population in return for "good compliant behavior".

I know for a fact that I have no idea what I am talking about in factual data. I'm open to being enlightened there, though statistics can be manipulated to serve either side of an argument.

As far as the vaccine, I'll take it when offered, but am sure that won't be until the "second round" when the poorer countries get supplied. Spain is just now getting to 80-100% of the 80 and older population.

If I were offered the vaccine today, I think I would wait until next year and 1-) let someone else have it who's at higher risk in my age group & 2-) see how it goes this first year with the whole thing on the general population, rather than the limited hand selected groups pharmaceuticals use to test (this I know as I've been a part of past testing for HepC cures, but those didn't see light of day on humans as quickly as this has).

Fortunately, or not (time will tell), because I live in an empoverished zip code, it won't be an issue until we actually get enough vaccines to get to my age group.

I pray for all those who've lost friends and family this last year; not only to the virus, but also to the putting off of normal treatments because the impact the virus has had on the whole health care industry.

I'm sure glad to be in a country with socialized medicine, just wish it were managed a bit better.

Best of luck to everyone, irregardless or what they think, opine or choose to share (or not) on this here erBB.

:waving:

Last edited:

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Have you all been responsibly practicing your Social Distancing(tm) for the past year, though? Being sure to do what you are told, regardless of the logic, because you were told to? Just making sure. If it saves just one life! :LOL:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I spoke to a few Brazilians the other day that were recently there for a few months.

They said they don't know what to believe because there is so much media opposition to Bolsonaro.

Sound familiar?

Anecdotally I was reading stuff that didn't make sense - from a clinical perspective - the other they day in a news article about the Brazilian situation. But it's easy to pass off bullshit to a public that is pretty much ignorant about most aspects of acute hospital care.

So count me in as a skeptic. There are plenty of healthcare workers who will be as dramatic as possible with the press to either get their name in the newspaper or accomplish their own agenda.

From my firsthand experience with this and meeting nurses from all over the USA over the past year the reality has always seemed to be somewhere in the middle.

The loudest, most dramatic voices who can produce the most tears and outrage get their voices heard.

• Love
Reactions: PRCD

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
On a lighter note...

Just a few minutes ago, left the grocery store after buying my mom some lactose free skim milk (water painted white and placed in a milk jug) I came across two fellows sitting at the door of a local arts and crafts shop they manage, both immersed deeply in their phones, both on either side of the entrance, neither with any sign of a mask in sight anywhere.

Being the type to not like telling people how to behave, I decided to have a little fun. As I walked by, I let rip a huge juicy resonant fart. Both of these guys, like female synchronized swimmers, raised their heads and said in stereo, "HEY!".

I simply responded between cackles of laughter, "if you had a mask on, like the law demands, you wouldn't be smelling that right now, huh?".

Got in my car, and drove off.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

:shameonyou::shameonyou::shameonyou::shameonyou:

:trout:

• Haha
Reactions: Hump

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
I tested positive for Covid in January. I was sick in bed for 2 weeks but the after effects lasted until recently. I am back to my daily routine of jogging 4 km almost every morning, but it takes me several minutes longer than before I got sick from the virus. I blame it on Trump. He killed about 400,000 Americans by almost always downplaying the virus. He continued to have superspreader rallies right until the bitter end. He should be charged with criminally gross negligent manslaughter, but will probably get away with it. For people like Trump or Al Capone, all you can get them on is tax evasion.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
So Auto.....if Health Passports and the like are no different from drivers licenses....or previous vaccine requirements to do a few things....then why don't we see anybody protesting them like we do here?

The nervous system is built to notice changes in the environment. This is called the orienting response.

Then you have social media priming faulty neuroception so all these dummies are getting triggered every time they orient to a new change.

If, based on a test measurement, you think there is a global conspiracy to hide that fact that the covid isn't real, that will trigger a faulty threat response.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: afoaf and rice

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Data from mRNA vaccine trials in Israel!

No TL; DR: unless you read Hebrew. Sorry.

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
I thought that was your Brazilian Name.

Hey, Carnel, how are the wave?

They have weird names like that.
Ok, John, or Jack, or Joe, or Bob, or Tom.

Whatever.

:socrazy:

You'd be batting a higher percentage if you just called us all Pedro. By the way, get the pronunciation correct...

pAAAAAy-droh!

:roflmao: