What's up with....Thread

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Kinda surprised no ones seen any of these new 2020 WFH sarfers wearing a camelbak in the lineup on their CI Mid.
Why do they show up in packs with boonie hats with tightened chin straps that they wear in the water? Do they not know about sunscreen? remember, these people are supposed to be SMRT

The other day I saw one put on his wetsuit up to his waist and then walk down to the beach with a shirt on, mask, and midlength. Normally I try to be friendly in the line-up but I couldn't in this case.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Driving up to the spot wearing a wetsuit.

Having your van packed like your about to go on a month-long Baja strike mission to drive from Mar Vista to the El Porto parking lot.
About showing up with wetsuit on, some kind of major faux pas? What if you live right at beach in cold region?

i_ride_spinnaz

OTF status
Aug 19, 2020
About showing up with wetsuit on, some kind of major faux pas? What if you live right at beach in cold region?
my dad regularly puts his wettie on at home. lives 5 mins from beach.. He also paddles out at first light when it's coldest, and is often on a time crunch, so it works better for him to put it on at home while it's still dark out. he's also an OG and the nicest guy ever, so he can do whatever the f-uck he likes

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
my dad regularly puts his wettie on at home. lives 5 mins from beach.. He also paddles out at first light when it's coldest, and is often on a time crunch, so it works better for him to put it on at home while it's still dark out. he's also an OG and the nicest guy ever, so he can do whatever the f-uck he likes
#metoo especially in winter

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I live in a warm region and used to do it all the time when I lived just far enough to not want to walk (hills involved).

I did always remove the wetsuit before driving home, but rarely put it on after driving there because there was no reason not to when only driving less than a mile and it’s less crap to take back out of your car on return.

now, folks that have specialized vehicles (golf carts) for that drive, those are the douches.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Everyone I see doing it around here is a newbie kook that you can tell is self-conscious about putting one on in the lot, etc.
yeah you can often spot those folks b/c they're already sporting the top on, and neck sealed up...

There was a tour notes a while back where Kolohe was making fun of JJF for putting his wetsuit on before driving over to the beach.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Piggy-backing on this, what's up with the d|cks who act like d|cks when you ask "You going left or right?"

Duckin Ficks.
Tbh, at my local, if I don’t recognize you and you ask, I probs won’t tell you.

Read the boil, note my position, and whether or not ive been going right from behind the peak.

to oestes point, there are enough locals getting blocked out to split peaks with some transport.

Reactions: enframed

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Having your van/lifted 4WD/AWD truck packed like your about to go on a month-long Baja strike mission to drive from Mar Vista to the El Porto parking lot.
LOLZ. This always really cracks me up, too. I guess you never know when you're just gonna have a make a run for the border. Not like we know swells are coming days sometimes weeks in advance.

Reactions: ZZ Soft Top