What's up with....Thread

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
This thread is meant to talk about the things we see out in the water but have no idea for the reasoning behind it. From this, perhaps we learn and grow or at the very least, it gives us an opportunity to roast stupidity.

First up....

What's up with duus that do mime face at 6am? Do they really think they're going to get sunburned or is there something I'm not grasping??

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
What’s up with calling your buddies before you paddle out telling them it’s pumping? Tell them the next day!

What’s up with women in the water who want to be treated equally but claim misogyny when you bark them off the shoulder?

What’s up SUPers who think it’s ok to be within my eye sight at all.

You’re not welcome here. Don’t say hi. We’re not friends (even if we are friends).

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
How about wearing a beanie but it doesn’t cover your ears... basically a hipster yarmulke??
LOL!

i was given one of those ears out captain fin co beanies for Christmas years back. it annoys the crap out of hunny bunny.

i only wear it with my changing poncho and while surfing 1,2 or 5 finned boards.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
What’s up with duu’s watching from the cliff telling you it’s chitty as you run past to paddle out

what’s up with duu’s who start massive group messages asking if the surf is good

what’s up with duu’s who send perfectly timed and framed once-in-a-dream waves to said group message with an optimistic report to 20-unknown numbers

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
What's up with dudes who pull up in a brand new Porshe panamerica (or whatever) with a paper license plate and ask, "How is it out there?" And you say, "It's pretty fun. Looks like the wind might start picking up." And they make a face like they just smelled a fart and say, "Really?" and then they drive off