Hawaii- Done

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
One sole who actually was my friend from little league would shake down guys at the bus stop all the time. He never hassled me. He went to jail and is still in jail. Armed robbery, extortion, racketeering and drug dealing. He almost got into a shootout with cops, walking down River Street with an AR-15 chasing LA Samoans off of his turf. Chance was his name. Cinder blocks for fists. The worst 1st basemen I've ever seen, but could hit homers every game when we were 12.

• Haha
Reactions: Muscles

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Just looked up the kid that bugged the worst. Came up on a registered sex offender list.

The guy hated me in grade school but chilled out in later life. I remember getting stoned with him once, last we met.

• Wow
Reactions: racer1

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Would you rather have sexual intercoitus on the beach or in a corn field?
If your partner bails on you, technically you can still have sex in the corn field by running backwards.

That's actually probably a good reason people from the cornfields vacation to the beach.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I think the mokes who hassled me as a kid did go to prison.
I still see one of them riding his bike around all cracked out.

He was always making trouble cause his brothers were with him.

He himself was small and had a breathing hole in neck.

I actually just feel bad for him now. Looking back he likely had a rough child hood and just affiliated with people who were nice to him and it was unfortunately punks.

Riding the bus home from town was a diff story.

My friends theory is they started the 85 Express bus cause the rich parents at punahoe and midpac lobbied for it cause their precious kids couldnt be riding on the city bus with the crack heads.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
My friends theory is they started the 85 Express bus cause the rich parents at punahoe and midpac lobbied for it cause their precious kids couldnt be riding on the city bus with the crack heads.
Kind of an inverse story, I remember the racist grandmother of the guy pictured above in my last post calling a haole friend and I 'white trash' when getting on the school bus one day. My family was middle class but my friends family was rather well-to-do and owned a lot of property on the island. I guess she didn't really know the meaning of the term. I also didn't know at the time, had to ask my mom. In fact there were no white trash on the island then, unless you count hippy folk and surf bums.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Wealth is not zero sum. The gap is widening because the wealthy are getting wealthier, however overall more people around the world are out of abject poverty than they were before.
Oh really? Does that make em feel better?

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::shameonyou::crazy2::foreheadslap:

COVID CRASH! globalization style....

God bless you!

try again.

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Just looked up the kid that bugged the worst. Came up on a registered sex offender list.

The guy hated me in grade school but chilled out in later life. I remember getting stoned with him once, last we met.
nice natural blonde.

she looks knice.

wood not bang.

1/22222223333334444455556666777888999

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Would you rather walk your dog on a beach or in a corn field?

Would you rather puff a fattie or drink a beer on the beach or in a corn field?

Would you rather have sexual intercoitus on the beach or in a corn field?

etc etc
or wood you rather corn your dog in a beach field?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
A transplant bitching about other transplants.
You mean East Coast transplants.

They're a nationwide problem in your hometown to wherever you transplanted.

Live in the same town you're whole life? They'll try to ruin it.
Transplant elsewhere? They'll try to ruin it too, all the while talking about how they miss Dunkin' Donuts.

Now tell us about how the uncles at Makaha were hooting you into set waves and letting you "hang out" with their sisters.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Ok, so what the hell is next? Conway? Pine Bluff? Brunswick? Pensacola?
Chapelle probably blew up his home town in that Letterman show.
Everybody going schmedium town living now?
Pensacola is already blown. From Pensacola to Panama City Beach is DONE. Maybe to an outsider it would be different?

Mexico Beach got nuked by the hurricane. I'm not sure how expensive Port St Joe, Carabelle, and Apalachicola are but the stretch from Mexico Beach to say, Homosassa to Port St. Joe could be next. If you like light tackle fishing and shooting pigs and deer, it's fckng epic. Hell the bear hunting is decent in that zone - don't ask me why you can hunt bears in Florida though.

Flagler Beach?

Brunswick isn't a bad pick. I guess it all depends on what you like. Probably some stuff in the Sangre de Cristo in New Mexico, Flagstaff, Kalispell/Missoula/Whitefish, Bellingham, Pueblo....

I don't think it's medium town living as much as towns that the real estate market hasn't turned into the stock market.

Regarding why people vacation coastal, because the temperature is moderate. The corn fields are fucking 50 shades of grey (the Iowa in January kind, not the 20-something tech billionaire kind) in Winter, prone to baking in summer, schizo in fall and spring, with a supersize side of tornadoes in spring. And there's jack sh!t to see/do.

Plenty of people vacation in Yosemite and Yellowstone. But for lots of people, Winter = seasonally affected time, and your best options are LA-SD, or South of I-4.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Pensacola is done? Fucking lower Alabama.

Never thought I'd hear those words. Did 2.5 years of my life there with the military. Had a good time and the downtown was pretty fun. Living was cheap at the time. Water front homes with boat docs going for $300k. My waterfront condo was $750 a month. I was happy to move on but it was an interesting place.

Reactions: bluemarlin04