Who Got Poked (Besides Your Mom)

surfercross

OTF status
Oct 19, 2006
"... never gonna take it as I am naive."
fixed it for you. science can be so pesky sometimes.
Well your just like the government you know what's best.
Weird how they never mention how it would be better to do healthy things like exercise and eat better.
Being lock down inside is the worse thing to do.Being outside and free is much better so you can also exercise your immune system which was made to fight viruses , bacteria and fungi.
You must live in scared california. Poor soul living in that nanny state
Come to Florida with your mask on we will look at you as what you are a big pussy.

surfercross

OTF status
Oct 19, 2006
Don't young healthy people want to get vaccines so they are not a pool for the virus to mutate?

It's weird to me how people are like, "It's not going to kill me, so who gives a F?"
Another scared cali bro.Stop watching the news.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
your sense of risk assessment is really weird to me, string cheese
Getting the shot: very high likelihood of minor and temporary symptoms
Not getting the shot: low but real likelihood of life ruining illness. I need my lungs, I intend to keep using them.
Not telling you what to do but I don't get it.

At least my elderly parents got it already so I don't have to worry about killing them anymore.

I just can't wait to get it and be in crowded places again. I miss live music and drunk conversations with strangers. I'm a hard introvert but I didn't realize how much I appreciated that sh!t until I couldn't do it.

Adjust to very high likelihood of being sick and missing a day or more of work that I'm kinda stocked to be finally back to after being barred for months, vs near (but not) zero risk of life ruining illness.

It's all a matter of where you draw your lines. I am trying to not treat covid risks differently than I do every other risk in life.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Young people dont all think the same
Being a teacher, you should know that
What I mean is, shouldn't they get it for the Team?

I should have used "should."

I know there are young people who would do it because it's the right thing to do.

Last edited:

VaB

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Weird how they never mention how it would be better to do healthy things like exercise and eat better.
Being lock down inside is the worse thing to do.Being outside and free is much better so you can also exercise your immune system which was made to fight viruses , bacteria and fungi.
Come to Florida with your mask on we will look at you as what you are a big pussy.
Nope, live in Virginia Beach and I'm familiar with the immune system- I"m a doctor too. No amnout of bravado is going to help. Yes strengthening your immune system does help but first understand antigenic shift vs antigenic drift. There is a big component of luck. Many long term complications exist even for those who survive.

I've watched too many people die to not take this seriously. I've seen too many grandparents get this from grandkids. Dads get this from sons and many of the die.

You have to wear pants, you don't think that's a block to your "freedom" no one is walking around pantless talking about the government and their rights to not wear pants 1
you can't shoot heroin, that doesn't matter either

so why is a mask suck a big deal to save some lives. I just don't get it.

theramrod

Nep status
Nov 14, 2014
N Cackalaki
Nope, live in Virginia Beach and I'm familiar with the immune system- I"m a doctor too. No amnout of bravado is going to help. Yes strengthening your immune system does help but first understand antigenic shift vs antigenic drift. There is a big component of luck. Many long term complications exist even for those who survive.

I've watched too many people die to not take this seriously. I've seen too many grandparents get this from grandkids. Dads get this from sons and many of the die.

You have to wear pants, you don't think that's a block to your "freedom" no one is walking around pantless talking about the government and their rights to not wear pants 1

Screw you and you're many years of higher education plus hands on experience dealing with this. I spent 20 minutes on Google and know all I need to know :rolleyes:

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
Don't young healthy people want to get vaccines so they are not a pool for the virus to mutate?

It's weird to me how people are like, "It's not going to kill me, so who gives a F?"
This.

The next hurdle is to get the vaccine into as many people as possible everywhere because every new infection is a chance for a mutation into a more capable variant which can then get on a plane and go on to kill thousands more effectively. Each unvaccinated person is a potential seedbed for a new mutant strain.
Hey, that sounds like a movie trailer...

Reactions: rowjimmytour

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
lmao but there's surf here in CA, sucks for you bro

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Getting my 2nd pfizer shot this morning. No reaction after the 1st shot, but I'm going get it in my right arm again so I can still play guitar.

Actually, I did feel pretty hungover the day after my first shot, but I think that was due to the whisky tasting the night before :cheers:

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
Another scared cali bro.Stop watching the news.
For me it has nothing to do with the news. I've been directly affected by it. My best friend and his girlfriend got it and he spent a month in bed while she spent three months on a ventilator in the ICU. My neighbors caught it a few months ago and He was rushed to the hospital within 3 days of showing symptoms. My boss just lost three family members in the same week.
I understand that a majority of people who contract it recover with relatively few problems but, there is the chance of dying or contracting life long illness from it. No sir, I will not take the chance of ruining my family's life because I think I'm stronger than the virus.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Screw you and you're many years of higher education plus hands on experience dealing with this. I spent 20 minutes on Google and know all I need to know :rolleyes:
Also reads as: "trust the person on the internet who says they have the highest degree, not your own experience and judgment"

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I understand that a majority of people who contract it recover with relatively few problems....

but, there is the chance...

No sir, I will not take the chance...

Whatever makes you feel better. I will.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017

Of course it loops back around to "why can't you just wear a mask" for you. I have to stop my eyes from rolling so hard I lose my balance when I read that.

"taking it seriously" isn't some line that you are on one side of, and people who don't have your level of fear are on the other side of.

If you are worried about what will happen to you, or someone around you, by contacting one of these covid strains, do what you need to do. Wear a mask, get a vaccination, live in a bubble for the next six years for all I care. More power to you. Tell grandma not to go to the restaurant. Tell your diabetic uncle not to go to the game. Stop asking me, who's life has been affected for over a year ONLY by the restrictions, and not the virus, to do shlt to make you feel safer until you say it's OK to be normal again because your fear is more real than my acceptance of known personal risk.

HarryLopez2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 11, 2020
This post shows that you aren't really free. Your emotions are controlling your online persona.

Reactions: Boneroni