Who Got Poked (Besides Your Mom)

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Pfizer. ”felt“ them both, kinda felt like a post hang over hang over after the second one but nothing significant

Used it to play hooky from work and surfed a few hours after the shot. My boss chuckled when I told him it was my turn to fake call in sick.

pepis didn’t get any longer but I do enjoy poops a little more than before The Shot.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Anecdotes are fine if they are pro scary. If your anecdotes are pro chill the fvvk out, they are just, like, your opinion, man.
I understand this is exasperating for you

If your version of exerting control over this global situation is stomping your feet and refusing a life-saving vaccine, you do you

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
you didn't say anything about vaccines?

giraffes are neat animals
I didn't say that vaccines don't work, that these aren't vaccines, or any false shlt like that, is what I meant.
I said that based on my experience and lifestyle, having weighed the risks and rewards, I am deciding against getting the vaccine and don't see it as a net positive, for me.
I am young, healthy, already had the shlt and got over it 15 months ago, and live in an area where covid hasn't been a real problem. I don't travel, have no kids, am not a teacher or health care worker.

That I would be expected to view this differently, because my reality should be defined by ErBB anecdotes and television news stories, not my experience and judgment, is funny, particularly when framed as "anti science".

• Dislike
Reactions: rowjimmytour

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I understand this is exasperating for you

If your version of exerting control over this global situation is stomping your feet and refusing a life-saving vaccine, you do you
Take it back down to earth. Who's exerting global control? I'm not getting a shot that is likely to make me sick in order to try to help stop the spread of something that is not spreading around me.

• Dislike
Reactions: rowjimmytour

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I am young, healthy, already had the shlt and got over it 15 months ago, and live in an area where covid hasn't been a real problem. I don't travel, have no kids, am not a teacher or health care worker.
Did you get a covid positive test result? 15 months ago would have been NYE 2019 when there weren't tests. Antibody test or something else?

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Did you get a covid positive test result? 15 months ago would have been NYE 2019 when there weren't tests. Antibody test or something else?
Early December. Working around an actual busload of Chinese tourists every day, a bad respiratory infection went through work. One guy had lingering effects for many months, couldn't breath as well. He was an absolute disgusting fat @ss and heavy smoker, though. It got me to stop smoking weed for a while, my sense of smell is already kinda fvcked so I don't know. Might have been. Around here they didn't even let people get tests for like 6 more months, so they never had a chance at accurate figures.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Early December. Working around an actual busload of Chinese tourists every day, a bad respiratory infection went through work. One guy had lingering effects for many months, couldn't breath as well. He was an absolute disgusting fat @ss and heavy smoker, though. It got me to stop smoking weed for a while, my sense of smell is already kinda fvcked so I don't know. Might have been. Around here they didn't even let people get tests for like 6 more months, so they never had a chance at accurate figures.
No covid test, no antibody test. Okay. Are people supposed to just take your word for it, then?
I know a lot of people who "got it" w/o a test early on. I really do appreciate the honesty in your post above but really man.

Reactions: sdsrfr and Boneroni

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
No covid test, no antibody test. Okay. Are people supposed to just take your word for it, then?
I know a lot of people who "got it" w/o a test early on. I really do appreciate the honesty in your post above but really man.
No, it could have been something else. I'm not sure that I got it, but the math and timing match well enough (30+ exposed, 3 experience covid like symptoms, 1 has lasting effects, none of the group test positive for or experience effects of covid over the following year) that the possibility weighs in my decision.

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
your sense of risk assessment is really weird to me, string cheese
Getting the shot: very high likelihood of minor and temporary symptoms
Not getting the shot: low but real likelihood of life ruining illness. I need my lungs, I intend to keep using them.
Not telling you what to do but I don't get it.

At least my elderly parents got it already so I don't have to worry about killing them anymore.

I just can't wait to get it and be in crowded places again. I miss live music and drunk conversations with strangers. I'm a hard introvert but I didn't realize how much I appreciated that sh!t until I couldn't do it.

Last edited: