Who Got Poked (Besides Your Mom)

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
Second Pfizer shot next week. Wife got the J&J shot. Other family members got Moderna. No adverse reaction beyond a sore shoulder or slight hangover effect the next day. Our cell phone reception is off the hook!

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
Got both shots of Pfizer at Aqueduct Racetrack in NY. Second shot almost two weeks ago so I'll be considered fully vaccinated on Friday. No after effects but a little muscle soreness. I maintain a very good Vitamin D level which helps your immune system target the specific shot rather have an overall immune response which may be part of not having a reaction. My wife is a month behind me with 1 shot of Modern - no ill effects.

Our company does a lot school work - Heating and AC controls so we're essential and worked pretty much the whole time. The fear is that if one of us is Covid positive any of the rest of us who had close contact with that person would have to quarantine which could shut down half of our company easily for 2 weeks. So we've been bringing in lots of outside air in our HVAC - windows cracked open, one guy per office space - plexiglass partitions - I put the whole company on KN-95's in October - not OSHAA but better than a surgical mask so I just did it - a lot of precautions but still that fear of having to shut down. The guy in the office next to me was positive two weeks ago but because we did everything right no one had to quarantine.

We'll be 80% fully vaccinated this week - 100% in another month. This is a game changer for our company because if you are fully vaccinated and come into close (or proximate contact) with someone positive you don't have to quarantine. I think fully vaccinated is the key to opening up all the office buildings in Manhattan.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Went to jones beach this morning and got the vaccine
Got the Pfizer shot
Really well organized
Never left my car
I’m waiting in the holding lot now and I’ll be back home well before 9am
How’d you get the appointment ?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
A site that notifies you when appointments become available so you don’t have to keep checking and don’t miss out before all available appointments are taken
https://gregbillig.com/vaccine/

Edit: pretty sure it’s only new york
Check the dark web for similar back door secret appointment bots for your area

Last edited:
Reactions: rowjimmytour

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I don't know anyone who got badly sick from covid, but I do know a bunch of people who got badly sick from the vaccine. Therefore, I won't be getting the shot(s).

Science you if you don't like my science, I'm not here to be science judged by people who don't share the same science as my people. You couldn't understand my truth. Science, sciencey science.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Hawaii is on track to have vaccine shots available for everyone over 18 who wants one after May 1. I'm already calling my doctor. Both my kids (20 and 17) have gotten it because they work in food service. I'm jealous.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
I don't know anyone who got badly sick from covid, but I do know a bunch of people who got badly sick from the vaccine. Therefore, I won't be getting the shot(s).

Science you if you don't like my science, I'm not here to be science judged by people who don't share the same science as my people. You couldn't understand my truth. Science, sciencey science.
Anecdote as evidence is no way to go through life, son.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008

Chuckleheadery

Reactions: PJ and rowjimmytour

VaB

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA

i watch people die of covid every day i go to work. I talk to their families and I see the look on their faces. I hope you never experience this.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012

This right here shows you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how vaccines work. Your "science" isn't science. It's an uninformed idea/belief that's lumped in with the Bohters, Charlie Sheen's and Jenny McCarthy's of the world and cause nearly eradicated diseases like measles to resurface and outbreak.:loser:

Iceman

Phil Edwards status
Apr 1, 2002
NorCenCal
Fully vaccinated as of late January (first responder).

I ended up symptom free, although several coworkers ended up with mild fever, malaise, etc for a day, but fine after that.

Sacrifice maybe being in some discomfort for a day and just do it. If you're afraid of the vaccine giving you a bad day, you must be extra scared of the actual virus.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
This right here shows you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how vaccines work. Your "science" isn't science. It's an uninformed idea/belief that's lumped in with the Bohters, Charlie Sheen's and Jenny McCarthy's of the world and cause nearly eradicated diseases like measles to resurface and outbreak.:loser:

I didn't even say anything about vaccines kook :LOL: I'm sure these rushed @ss vaccines work decently against some of the major coronaviruses that are going around at the moment. However, I'm not motivated to spend a day sick that I don't have to in order to help "us" achieve some level of herd immunity against something that I'm 99% likely to not even notice I've been infected with, and I find it hilarious that common response to that involves claims of "anti science". I'm not anti science, and your aren't pro science. I am evaluating risk differently than you are. That isn't against science :roflmao::loser:

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
i watch people die of covid every day i go to work. I talk to their families and I see the look on their faces. I hope you never experience this.
Anecdotes are fine if they are pro scary. If your anecdotes are pro chill the fvck out, they are just, like, your opinion, man.