Mars Rover: Real or Fake?

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
But on this one point you don't appear inquisitive. It doesn't appear to matter to you. You have no idea and don't seem to care what the answer is. Strange being so invested on a theory like this and not wanting to know why the conspiracy is out there in the first place.

If you had the right telescope, you could see Indonesia from Southern California, according to the flat earth design. Is that right?
You assume way to much bro...it's not a good look.

Why do parents lie to their kids about Santa Claus?

And...

You'll never be able to check the surf in Indonesia from So Cal.....even with the best telescope....on a flat earth...

Can you guess why that is?

Strange you're so invested in the globe theory....when all the real science, physics and observational evidence supports flat.

How old were you when you let go of Santa?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Why are flat earthers so bad at making valid comparisons?

It's good that you admitted you don't know why there is a wide spread conspiracy to hide the fact the world is flat.

That is progress.

But I was like pulling teeth.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

And...

You'll never be able to check the surf in Indonesia from So Cal.....even with the best telescope....on a flat earth...

Strange you're so invested in the globe theory....when all the real science, physics and observational evidence supports flat.

Probably 7. But that's the thing. Lots of stuff is made up, but we eventually catch on to it because other people spill the beans. The earth's been thought to be round since Pythagoras some 2600 years ago (or at least Eratosthenes a few hundred years later) so your conspiracy theory requires us to believe that the flat earth has been hidden perfectly from the masses from the ancient Greeks on for some reason you still can't explain. It's not just the US, or Russia or China, it's the British Empire and the Mongols and Romans and the Greeks and the Xin Dynasty and the Ottomans and the Ming Dynasty etc. And of course, all of these different groups existed at different times and had different social, religious and economic systems, but somehow the flat earth denial was central to the success of them all.

And to top it off, you still have no actual math to prove up anything you say, just some basic denials and kid science experiments that actually have well-documented math that you don't believe to explain them.

Makes total sense.

Reactions: afoaf

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III

And...

I was 6 or 7 when I let go of Santa Claus. Saw my parents putting out presents. I was not devastated though. It actually made more sense than some fat ass squirming down a chimney of every kid in the world in one night.

Why could you not check the surf in Indonesia from So Cal.....even with the best telescope....on a flat earth? I don't want to guess. I don't know.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I was 6 or 7 when I let go of Santa Claus. Saw my parents putting out presents. I was not devastated though. It actually made more sense than some fat ass squirming down a chimney of every kid in the world in one night.

Why could you not check the surf in Indonesia from So Cal.....even with the best telescope....on a flat earth? I don't want to guess. I don't know.
something something your eyes and the telescope have visual limitations that simply make it impossible to see that far. Now, never mind that google maps allows you to zoom in from a far greater distance to a view so close you can see your car's license plate and just go with it.

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
something something your eyes and the telescope have visual limitations that simply make it impossible to see that far. Now, never mind that google maps allows you to zoom in from a far greater distance to a view so close you can see your car's license plate and just go with it.
I was hoping Bohter would reply. I guess he's still researching.

• Haha
Reactions: rice

atdabeach

Nep status
Jan 25, 2021

Red Bull stands to gain, clearly. Kittinger must have serious holdings in Red Bull. This sh!t has been planned for decades.

That's Kittinger in the audience above.

The red bull jump was just another PSYOP designed to fool the people who still do not understand that these wide angle/fish-eye lenses create the appearance of curvature by design. For crying out loud, even the least critical viewers should notice the same exact appearance of curvature from that camera when they are still on the ground. Let's get that straight right off.

As Neil Degrasse Tyson says....you don't see curvature from a balloon.....2mm from his beachball...
This actually cracks me up. First of all, he gets the whole idea of perspective and how artists and mathematicians centuries ago knew that the horizon is an imaginary line that rises to the center of the viewers eyes as the observer rises in altitude.

But, on the other hand, he is absolutely wrong. Not only would curvature be obvious from that altitude, but the observer would need to be looking downward, and dramatically so just to see the horizon.

Let me explain. From just one mile up, this is how we would see the horizon on a sphere with their imagined r value (left) and on an extended plane (right):
1616558823600.png
Has anyone here hiked a mile up and have had to look down to see the horizon?

This is from 5 miles... approximately where planes fly:
1616558999507.png
Which horizon do you see when you fly? Be honest. It's OK, we already all know.

And Felix was a bit past here:
1616559108348.png

Neil theAss Tyson is another idiot actor and nothing more. His propaganda is designed primarily for only our least critical thinkers.

If anyone thinks I made this up, please feel free to use a CAD program of your choosing and prove me wrong. But you can't because this has been replicated many times:

Now, one more very important item that constantly gets ignored in this conversation. And this detail was only picked up by the more discerning viewers, but it's there. Both on the ground and at altitude, there was another camera that was filming as well. This camera did not shoot through a wide angle lens and while the official video only cuts to it briefly a couple of times, they do in fact show us the horizontal, eye level plane, both on the ground and at altitude:
1616559643631.png

1616560514373.png

But on this one point you don't appear inquisitive. It doesn't appear to matter to you. You have no idea and don't seem to care what the answer is. Strange being so invested on a theory like this and not wanting to know why the conspiracy is out there in the first place.
If 50 million a day since nasa's inception is not reason enough for them to keep giving us cartoons as they laugh their asses off, then I'm not sure any reasons that sociopaths might have for lying about our very cosmology would make much sense to you... or to anyone trying to deny entropy.

If you had the right telescope, you could see Indonesia from Southern California, according to the flat earth design. Is that right?
Possibly on a perfect day, but this is very unlikely. Nor does it change the fact that gas pressure requires a container and we could never exist next to their imagined infinite space vacuum.

Crazy hoops being jumped through to remain in denial of scientific laws.

But entropy deniers do have passion... I'll give y'all that for sure.

Reactions: Bohter

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
If 50 million a day since nasa's inception is not reason enough for them to keep giving us cartoons as they laugh their asses off, then I'm not sure any reasons that sociopaths might have for lying about our very cosmology would make much sense to you... or to anyone trying to deny entropy.
But why start the conspiracy in the first place? Who benefits?

I mean this "conspiracy" predates Ptolemy? Who is behind this?

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
I was hoping Bohter would reply. I guess he's still researching.
Sorry....but I usually only post in the morning before work on weekdays.....but am a bit more available for consultations on the weekend.

Why no see um Indo?

Shoots....can't see the Channel Islands many days....surface weather conditions usually prevent seeing further distances....right? Look at a weather forecast lately? What's the vis?

"And to top it off, you still have no actual math to prove up anything you say, just some basic denials and kid science experiments that actually have well-documented math that you don't believe to explain them."

WTF was that StuAz?

Math? I got your math right here...for a observational elevation of "eyeball on the ground"...sea level if your prefer to make it easier to visualize.

Can you prove there is an r.....it is your claim BTW....

Now...how about the mechanical gyroscope horizon indicator problem for flying around a sphere?

They've used 'em since the early days of aviation....perfectly....

Cheers....

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Sorry....but I usually only post in the morning before work on weekdays.....but am a bit more available for consultations on the weekend.

Why no see um Indo?

Shoots....can't see the Channel Islands many days....surface weather conditions usually prevent seeing further distances....right? Look at a weather forecast lately? What's the vis?

"And to top it off, you still have no actual math to prove up anything you say, just some basic denials and kid science experiments that actually have well-documented math that you don't believe to explain them."

WTF was that StuAz?

Math? I got your math right here...for a observational elevation of "eyeball on the ground"...sea level if your prefer to make it easier to visualize.

Can you prove there is an r.....it is your claim BTW....

Now...how about the mechanical gyroscope horizon indicator problem for flying around a sphere?

They've used 'em since the early days of aviation....perfectly....

Cheers....
Lol

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Use your imagination bro...

Most folks think it has to do with hiding what and who we really are....why we're here.

You know....the answer to the question most everyone asks themselves at some point in their lives.

And that knowing it would somehow change things in a drastic way....especially with respect to those in control.

Just conjecture....but go ahead and be as incredulous as you'd like.....i'll be inquisitive.

BTW....epic fail on your curvature from a balloon "evidence"....

As Neil Degrasse Tyson says....you don't see curvature from a balloon.....2mm from his beachball...

I like how he says it's a fail so obviously it's a fail....

except we can see the curve and anyone can send a camera in to space...like thousands of them

ignores plenty of examples of earth's curvature

everything is an appeal to authority except when its Bother asserting his authority sans evidence!

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
why is the earth's shadow on the moon always a sphere?

why are there seasons on a flat earth?

How come nobody can get to the end of the earth?

Is Elon Musk (and his fan boy Trump) in on this? Did Space X use flat earth physics to calculate their launch? Were the round earth images they sent back also fake?

atdabeach

Nep status
Jan 25, 2021
Probably 7. But that's the thing. Lots of stuff is made up, but we eventually catch on to it because other people spill the beans.
Wait, so if no one told you that the fat guy from the north pole never actually flew around in a sled to deliver presents to all the Christian children on Earth in just one night, you wouldn't have figured that one out on your own?

The earth's been thought to be round since Pythagoras some 2600 years ago (or at least Eratosthenes a few hundred years later) so your conspiracy theory requires us to believe that the flat earth has been hidden perfectly from the masses from the ancient Greeks on for some reason you still can't explain.
You suck at history worse than you suck at science. What a load of honk! What sources are you using? For Pythagoras especially, what original sources? Most agree that Plato speculated at one point as a thought experiment. Out of thousands of these thought experiments that he would do with his students. Aristotle, went on to suggest that because he observed boats disappearing, that this could be due to this curvature that his brilliant teacher had him thinking about. They had no idea how perspective worked at that time. But that is as far as it went, and like the case of Ptolemy, 100s of years later, the speculation was clearly a geocentric system as they knew that our Earth did not move. The point, none of this was even taken seriously by any people on Earth outside of these few philosophers and their students. Furthermore, heliocentrism, the lie that continues today has only been around for about 500 years. Beyond that, both here and in Europe up until and even through the 1800s, people were fighting against this nonsense... and not just for religious reasons.

Your comments on all these differing cultures' beliefs is patently false as well.
1616625413306.png

And of course, all of these different groups existed at different times and had different social, religious and economic systems, but somehow the flat earth SPINNING, WOBBLING, ROCK COVERED WITH WATER, MOVING IN MULTIPLE DIRECTIONS AT SPEEDS SO FAR PAST THE SPEED THAT SOUND TRAVELS AT, THAT HUMANS CAN NOT EVEN COMPREHEND IT denial was central to the success of them all.
Fixed.

And to top it off, you still have no actual math to prove up anything you say, just some basic denials and kid science experiments that actually have well-documented math that you don't believe to explain them.
You have a man made construct that man made equations can be used to support ... utter nonsense or not, the equations can still work. Great work.

Btw, the problems with globe math never end. Here is just one simple example:

And here is another:

If you have high school level geometry, you should be able to grasp the above pretty easily.

And if you think there are equations that you can present to explain how the infinite vacuum of space sits peacefully next to our atmosphere, I'm all ears.

How about you present us with the magic equations behind the airlines' gyros that even work at 90 degrees and beyond around a sphere? I do believe @Bohter has asked a few times.

What about the impossible horizons? I would love to see that math.

Do you ever look down to see the horizon when you have flown?

All y'all's questions have been answered to death. Why don't you try these few easy ones.

• Love
Reactions: Bohter

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Got any globe math that can fully explain what you see here?

There's two horizon problems.
One in the foreground and one in the background...
Will the real globe horizon please stand up?
The one the boats go over when you're observing from the beach....

Again....thanks to atdabeach for the support.
Good stuff...
Lemme know if you're ever in the SB area.....beers on me.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Got any globe math that can fully explain what you see here?

There's two horizon problems.
One in the foreground and one in the background...
Will the real globe horizon please stand up?
The one the boats go over when you're observing from the beach....

Again....thanks to atdabeach for the support.
Good stuff...
Lemme know if you're ever in the SB area.....beers on me.
Woh! I think you just converted me. Thanks you.