Mars Rover: Real or Fake?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The red bull jump was just another PSYOP designed to fool the people who still do not understand that these wide angle/fish-eye lenses create the appearance of curvature by design. For crying out loud, even the least critical viewers should notice the same exact appearance of curvature from that camera when they are still on the ground. Let's get that straight right off.

This actually cracks me up. First of all, he gets the whole idea of perspective and how artists and mathematicians centuries ago knew that the horizon is an imaginary line that rises to the center of the viewers eyes as the observer rises in altitude.

But, on the other hand, he is absolutely wrong. Not only would curvature be obvious from that altitude, but the observer would need to be looking downward, and dramatically so just to see the horizon.

Let me explain. From just one mile up, this is how we would see the horizon on a sphere with their imagined r value (left) and on an extended plane (right):
View attachment 106913
Has anyone here hiked a mile up and have had to look down to see the horizon?

This is from 5 miles... approximately where planes fly:
View attachment 106914
Which horizon do you see when you fly? Be honest. It's OK, we already all know.

And Felix was a bit past here:
View attachment 106915

Neil theAss Tyson is another idiot actor and nothing more. His propaganda is designed primarily for only our least critical thinkers.

If anyone thinks I made this up, please feel free to use a CAD program of your choosing and prove me wrong. But you can't because this has been replicated many times:

Now, one more very important item that constantly gets ignored in this conversation. And this detail was only picked up by the more discerning viewers, but it's there. Both on the ground and at altitude, there was another camera that was filming as well. This camera did not shoot through a wide angle lens and while the official video only cuts to it briefly a couple of times, they do in fact show us the horizontal, eye level plane, both on the ground and at altitude:
View attachment 106916

View attachment 106917

If 50 million a day since nasa's inception is not reason enough for them to keep giving us cartoons as they laugh their asses off, then I'm not sure any reasons that sociopaths might have for lying about our very cosmology would make much sense to you... or to anyone trying to deny entropy.

Possibly on a perfect day, but this is very unlikely. Nor does it change the fact that gas pressure requires a container and we could never exist next to their imagined infinite space vacuum.

Crazy hoops being jumped through to remain in denial of scientific laws.

But entropy deniers do have passion... I'll give y'all that for sure.
Bohter doesn't know why there is a global conspiracy to hide the fact the earth is flat.

Do you?

How wide is the conspiracy?

My uncle was a captain in the Royal Merchant Marines and he sailed around the world.

Was he in on it?

Are pilots who do international flight in on it?

Enough with your measurements.

That aint changing no one's mind.

Grab that low hanging fruit and win.

Last edited:

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
When I was a kid in school one the teacher's favorite things to say was "show your work".

Can you show us the work behind making such a claim about the horizon being much further in the foreground than it should be?

Refraction is claimed....but can you provide the equations and calculations that support the claim?

Also....since the horizon location is variable....at some point I would expect to see it in front of the 13.1 mile rig in my photo.

But that never happens....across every kind of weather imaginable....ever.

This claim also suggests I should be able to see over rolling hills in the distance when I'm driving, for example....

But that never happens either.....ever.

The second debunk you posted is also questionable....

Ever watch a Space X launch when they're showing the launch burn and the earth's convex curvature is allegedly in the background?

Then a few minutes later the curve goes concave as the camera angle changes?

Notice how the true shape of the horizon is revealed when the "horizon" crosses the center of the lens?

It's a wide angle fish eye lens....clearly.....and the shape at its center is flat.

Just sayin....

atdabeach

Nep status
Jan 25, 2021
Why is earth's shadow always a circle on the moon?
Show us one proof that the Earth makes a shadow on the moon... just one.

This is Bohter, lol

This is Stu, lol
1616767547067.png

Again....thanks to atdabeach for the support.
Good stuff...
Lemme know if you're ever in the SB area.....beers on me.
My pleasure and sounds fun. I'll be back on the west coast in a few months and I'd love to go shoot those islands with the 3000 mm lens and see if I can replicate your results.

Reactions: Bohter

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
And....just found this one to go with my Space X statement above.....I love a good coincidence....

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
The truth is is that Devon Island doesn't actually exist. This is all a ploy by Canada to trick the world into thinking that they control a larger share of land mass than they actually do.

• Wow
Reactions: afoaf

atdabeach

Nep status
Jan 25, 2021
Bohter doesn't know why there is a global conspiracy to hide the fact the earth is flat.

Do you?
"Know?" I'm not sure if I can claim that, but I've given some obvious reasons that make no sense to entropy deniers.

How wide is the conspiracy?
I would guess that it does not involve that many. Think about the compartmentalization through a hierarchical structure which is based on the 'need to know' that goes hand in hand with all military structures.

My uncle was a captain in the Royal Merchant Marines and he sailed around the world.

Was he in on it?
I doubt it... was he? I mean what is your point here as you continue to deny scientific law? If he sailed around Ireland, would that prove Ireland to be a sphere?

Are pilots who do international flight in on it?
I doubt it. I would guess that some figure it out, but don't say anything publicly and others have come out and have spoken publicly.

Enough with your measurements.

That aint changing no one's mind.
Sure, let's continue to not even look at the geometric truths that our world presents us with in favor of appealing to authority and being being mocked by their cartoons... makes a ton of sense.

Wait, no it doesn't.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
"Know?" I'm not sure if I can claim that, but I've given some obvious reasons that make no sense to entropy deniers.

I would guess that it does not involve that many. Think about the compartmentalization through a hierarchical structure which is based on the 'need to know' that goes hand in hand with all military structures.

I doubt it... was he? I mean what is your point here as you continue to deny scientific law? If he sailed around Ireland, would that prove Ireland to be a sphere?

I doubt it. I would guess that some figure it out, but don't say anything publicly and others have come out and have spoken publicly.

Sure, let's continue to not even look at the geometric truths that our world presents us with in favor of appealing to authority and being being mocked by their cartoons... makes a ton of sense.

Wait, no it doesn't.
All very compelling. Thanks you.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
When I was a kid in school one the teacher's favorite things to say was "show your work".

Can you show us the work behind making such a claim about the horizon being much further in the foreground than it should be?

Refraction is claimed....but can you provide the equations and calculations that support the claim?

Also....since the horizon location is variable....at some point I would expect to see it in front of the 13.1 mile rig in my photo.

But that never happens....across every kind of weather imaginable....ever.

This claim also suggests I should be able to see over rolling hills in the distance when I'm driving, for example....

But that never happens either.....ever.

The second debunk you posted is also questionable....

Ever watch a Space X launch when they're showing the launch burn and the earth's convex curvature is allegedly in the background?

Then a few minutes later the curve goes concave as the camera angle changes?

Notice how the true shape of the horizon is revealed when the "horizon" crosses the center of the lens?

It's a wide angle fish eye lens....clearly.....and the shape at its center is flat.

Just sayin....
I've seen lots of people show their work!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

Wait, no it doesn't.
What is your goal?

To persuade surfers who post on a surfing website the world is flat?

If so, your approach, as you may have noticed, is not effective.

You and Bohter keep doing the same thing over again failing.

So maybe it's something else driving the behavour?

You don't think what you are doing is not odd?

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
What is your goal?

To persuade surfers who post on a surfing website the world is flat?

If so, your approach, as you may have noticed, is not effective.

You and Bohter keep doing the same thing over again failing.

So maybe it's something else driving the behavour?

You don't think what you are doing is not odd?
Define "failing".....

And then explain to everyone who reads this....how you portend to speak for all of them....

1616861022422.jpeg

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Interesting. What causes the moon's phases. And lunar eclipse?

he does. We all think you’re mental
Stu....what do you believe is responsible for the phases of the moon?

Maybe consult with the others in the erBB Ganglion Nerve Center.

Mars Rover? :roflmao:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Who knows, but look at the state of that crap. Just lol

You made a positive claim. You clearly have the burden to prove this seemingly insane belief. Please do so.
Actually I asked a question and made no claim. You don’t have an answer?

and are you suggesting space x didn’t actually happen?

atdabeach

Nep status
Jan 25, 2021
Actually I asked a question and made no claim.

Why is earth's shadow always a circle on the moon?
Clearly, Stu, you previously claimed that earth's shadow is always a circle on the moon. Please support that claim if you can. If not, that is fine too, and to be expected.

and are you suggesting space x didn’t actually happen?
I just SHOWED that a flame does not do that and the image, purported by spaceX to be authentic, is clearly a fake.

Reactions: Bohter

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Stu....can believe it?
You have what amounts to a religious belief in the globe?
I know....weird huh...
Pure unscientific belief....based only on what you've been told....
Santa Claus for adults....

BTW....I don't think there's many flat folks who will claim they know what the "real truth" is of where we live and who we are....
But one thing we all agree on is....we don't live on a flying space ball....