Mars Rover: Real or Fake?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Broken record bro....

Every time.

Although I would like to have the answer to this question....as would atdabeach, I'm sure....

It's not our question to answer simply because we're not the ones doing the deceiving.

Maybe go ask the folks at the top of the pyramid.... :roflmao:

Your evasion is a cue that you are operating in bad faith.

Last edited:
Reactions: afoaf

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Where are these zero gravity experiments being performed and do you have a link that shows 'em?

And I thought the discussion was about how our atmosphere would dissipate into the endless vacuum of space per one of the most basic laws of physics....overpowering any gravity force every time...and now you're taking about zero gravity....implying what again?

Here....I'll deflect you to a much more concrete black/white concept....

What ya got on the explanation for how a mechanical gyroscope horizon indicator works for flying around a ball?

If you used it solely to maintain a constant altitude you'd actually gain altitude.....really quickly, 6667 feet every 100 miles....right?

But that does not happen...

And if you're flying anywhere on a long haul....the ground/sky reference would invert at a rate of 1 degree every 70 miles....right?

But that does not happen.

And...if you think these devices constantly correct for the direction of down due to "gravity".....well....go watch that Navy training film again.....and then realize it would also correct itself in a turn....rendering it useless for level flight....right?

But that does not happen....

So they're the perfect device for flying over a flat surface....

Right?
You forgot to log in as the other guy.

Also, experiments in zero gravity are not new. Here’s a fun one sorta on point!

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Your evasion is a cue that you are operating in bad faith.
I simply said I don't know why they're hiding the fact that the earth is flat....

...and pointed out that it's not something I would know....since I'm not the one doing the deceiving.

So you're now equating not knowing the answer to a question as evasion...

And that also equates to "bad faith" somehow....

Do you make similar statements to your (alleged) students when they don't know the answer to one of your questions, teacher?

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
You forgot to log in as the other guy.

Also, experiments in zero gravity are not new. Here’s a fun one sorta on point!

Wow...now we're talking about flames in space/micro gravity being analogous to....what again?

Experiments in space.......Cone Head style...

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I simply said I don't know why they're hiding the fact that the earth is flat....

Do you make similar statements to your (alleged) students when they don't know the answer to one of your questions, teacher?

Here is what I would say to my confused student while sending the message of safety with my vocal tone:

"Hi B. Let's go to the text. You did not say: 'I don't know why they're hiding the fact that the earth is flat....' You said actually this: 'It's not our question to answer simply because we're not the ones doing the deceiving.' Can you not see the difference in the two statements?"

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
The magic gravity saves the day!

Not....

Gas pressure wins every time....

The external higher atmospheric pressure air is trying to get to (i.e equalize with) the tiny bit of lower pressure air inside the glass above the water when it is turned upside down. ....and if the seal is broken the air rushes upward to the low pressure area above the water....pushing the water out of the way....before it starts to leak out.

Simple demonstrable proof that air pressure wins over any "gravity"....every time....

You assertion is false Afoaf.

Atdabeach....I think your suggestion that we should be able to measure higher pressure on the bottom wall / floor of the container vs the sides...if gravity does indeed hold earth's atmosphere from equalizing with the vacuum of space....is a good one. Good luck with that indeed.

Unless the claim is demonstrated by experiment....it's wrong.

Anyone want to tackle the mechanical gyroscope as a horizon indicator for flying around a curved surface problem?

Seems it's being avoided for some reason.....hmmmm?

:unsure:
this, too, is incomparable.

there are additional forces at play such as adhesion and surface tension, not
simply gravity and air pressure.

I have to laugh at this one....

Bother is asking other people to do experiments now!

"Unless the claim is demonstrated by experiment....it's wrong."

ahahahahah

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
this, too, is incomparable.

there are additional forces at play such as adhesion and surface tension, not
simply gravity and air pressure.

I have to laugh at this one....

Bother is asking other people to do experiments now!

"Unless the claim is demonstrated by experiment....it's wrong."

ahahahahah
Lets see....you said gravity is responsible for holding earths atmosphere to the surface...and now you bring up adhesion and surface tension...

In the upside down water glass demonstration air pressure trying to get to the low pressure area above the water holds the weight of the water....it's downward force....which is purported to be due to gravity....in place and then pushes past the water when the seal is broken......proving that the air pressure defies gravity every time.

Wholly comparable to your claim.....and.....it's been done right at the surface where gravity is purported to have the strongest grip.

Now explain how your adhesion and surface tension negates this easily demonstrated notion.

And while you're at it.....mechanical gyroscope horizon indicators prove airplanes fly over a flat surface.

Change my mind....

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Lets see....you said gravity is responsible for holding earths atmosphere to the surface...and now you bring up adhesion and surface tension...

In the upside down water glass demonstration air pressure trying to get to the low pressure area above the water holds the weight of the water....it's downward force....which is purported to be due to gravity....in place and then pushes past the water when the seal is broken......proving that the air pressure defies gravity every time.

Wholly comparable to your claim.....and.....it's been done right at the surface where gravity is purported to have the strongest grip.

Now explain how your adhesion and surface tension negates this easily demonstrated notion.

And while you're at it.....mechanical gyroscope horizon indicators prove airplanes fly over a flat surface.

Change my mind....
There are equations that describe these interactions.

are there equations that describe your suggested reality?

it’s easy to say nuh—uh, but prove it.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

Change my mind....
nothing will change your mind.

Reactions: Mr Doof

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

...and pointed out that it's not something I would know....since I'm not the one doing the deceiving.
why do you think they are doing it?

who stands to gain?

what is the benefit?

it seems like a pretty big operation given anyone with a balloon and a go pro can send a camera
in to space to prove earth's curvature...

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

who stands to gain?

what is the benefit?

it seems like a pretty big operation given anyone with a balloon and a go pro can send a camera
bro, don't you know about the antarctic treaty? I mean, it's got nothing to do with any of this, but it is proof that 1/3 of mankind can come together and cooperate on stuff if they want.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Time to tally the ding-dong beliefs:

Fake Science:
Mars Rover
Moon Landings
Law of gravity
Earth is round
Mars is a planet
Global warming

Conspiracy Theories:
9/11
Kennedy assisination
The election was stolen
Microchips in vaccines

It's True:
Bigfoot
They're gonna take your guns
There's a tsunami of anti-Asian hate
Covid is no worse than the flu

Reactions: Mr Doof

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Time to tally the ding-dong beliefs:

Fake Science:
Mars Rover
Moon Landings
Law of gravity
Earth is round
Mars is a planet
Global warming

Conspiracy Theories:
9/11
Kennedy assisination
The election was stolen
Microchips in vaccines

It's True:
Bigfoot
They're gonna take your guns
There's a tsunami of anti-Asian hate
Covid is no worse than the flu

I'm always impressed with the mental gymnastics flat eathers can go through to explain things like seasons and how people don't fall off the flat earth.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III

who stands to gain?

what is the benefit?

Red Bull stands to gain, clearly. Kittinger must have serious holdings in Red Bull. This sh!t has been planned for decades.

That's Kittinger in the audience above.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

Red Bull stands to gain, clearly. Kittinger must have serious holdings in Red Bull. This sh!t has been planned for decades.

That's Kittinger in the audience above.

red bull is part of the global global conspiracy obviously

I have Music Has The Right To Children on vinyl

FLLLLLLLEEEEXXXXXXXXXXX

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006

who stands to gain?

what is the benefit?

Use your imagination bro...

Most folks think it has to do with hiding what and who we really are....why we're here.

You know....the answer to the question most everyone asks themselves at some point in their lives.

And that knowing it would somehow change things in a drastic way....especially with respect to those in control.

Just conjecture....but go ahead and be as incredulous as you'd like.....i'll be inquisitive.

BTW....epic fail on your curvature from a balloon "evidence"....

As Neil Degrasse Tyson says....you don't see curvature from a balloon.....2mm from his beachball...

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Use your imagination bro...

Most folks think it has to do with hiding what and who we really are....why we're here.

You know....the answer to the question most everyone asks themselves at some point in their lives.

And that knowing it would somehow change things in a drastic way....especially with respect to those in control.

Just conjecture....but go ahead and be as incredulous as you'd like.....i'll be inquisitive.
But on this one point you don't appear inquisitive. It doesn't appear to matter to you. You have no idea and don't seem to care what the answer is. Strange being so invested on a theory like this and not wanting to know why the conspiracy is out there in the first place.

If you had the right telescope, you could see Indonesia from Southern California, according to the flat earth design. Is that right?