Mars Rover: Real or Fake?

atdabeach

Nep status
Jan 25, 2021
What is a container? Is there a limit to how big a container can be?
You are not getting it. Modern astronomy claims that gravity holds our atmosphere - each of the infinite reference frames perfectly in place as we spin faster than sound moves through the ether... er, whatever they wish to call it based on their particular argument.

While they refuse to claim the actual distance, there is some point at which our atmosphere stops spinning with Earth and "infinite deep space " begins. Many call it the Karman line, or at about about 62 miles. At the same time the moon is claimed to be nearly 1/4 of a million miles away. See the problem?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
You are not getting it. Modern astronomy claims that gravity holds our atmosphere - each of the infinite reference frames perfectly in place as we spin faster than sound moves through the ether... er, whatever they wish to call it based on their particular argument.

While they refuse to claim the actual distance, there is some point at which our atmosphere stops spinning with Earth and "infinite deep space " begins. Many call it the Karman line, or at about about 62 miles. At the same time the moon is claimed to be nearly 1/4 of a million miles away. See the problem?
No

Reactions: afoaf

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Hi Bohter.
Exactly. After gaining no traction whatsoever in his previous efforts to prove he is the smartest guy in the room, Bohter creates an fake alter-ego to validate his schtick.

atdabeach

Nep status
Jan 25, 2021
Exactly. After gaining no traction whatsoever in his previous efforts to prove he is the smartest guy in the room, Bohter creates an fake alter-ego to validate his schtick.
The hoops people jump through to continue to beLIEve that Mars can be landed upon amazes me. Forget believing that this is even possible:

Yet, I was soooo there.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
What is a container? Is there a limit to how big a container can be?

You didn't answer my questions.

I'll add one more: Can there be containers within containers...concentric containers?

I'm thinking about waves breaking in "standing water."

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Anyone wanna tackle the gyroscope issue?

Here's a old training film about how they work.....pay attn to the Rigid In Space part at about 2 minutes....

Now tell us how that works to maintain level flight all the way around a sphere / globe.....

Give it a try....

I know.....Auto wants to know how this proves a global or planar conspiracy....:roflmao:

I guess being lied to isn't enough proof....

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Thank god for the internet, where anon posters expose the world's real truths to us!

Bohter, you should be teaching at MIT. I'm so thankful you chose this route to teach the world instead.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I got some great video of Sirius tonight:

Stars are not Suns and gas pressure requires a container.

We don't need a college professor to tell us this, nor do we need the 2nd law of thermodynamics to know this! What happens when you pop a balloon?

No grand conspiracy... just actual science.
comparing a balloon popping to what is happening in the upper atmosphere is not a valid comparison

atdabeach

Nep status
Jan 25, 2021
You didn't answer my questions.

I'll add one more: Can there be containers within containers...concentric containers?

I'm thinking about waves breaking in "standing water."
I did... to be clear it was not relevant. Again, speculate on whatever you like. Scifi authors have done this for some time, but I am here trying to discuss reality.

BTW, standing water does not move! Fluid dynamics is clear that liquids take the shape of their containers and lay flat on top. Gasses on the other hand will do their best in an infinite amount of directions to fill their containers.

Does the ocean have a physical barrier?

Where in the above is there adjacency between high pressure and the vacuum of space? You're missing the whole "gradual" thing.
The ocean's physical barrier we call land and I'm not missing anything. I am aware of what is to referred to as a pressure gradient where the less dense material will sit above the more dense material. This should be no surprise, nor does it change the fact that gas pressure - any gas pressure at all - requires a containers!

comparing a balloon popping to what is happening in the upper atmosphere is not a valid comparison
You quoted a post about stars NOT being Suns followed by a physics professor explaining the obvious about what happens when a pressurized system has even one small hole in it. I can't for the life of me figure out what this has to do with balloons, nor did I mention that.

Maybe we need a sh!t Barometer to make the measurement....
1615905154766.png

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I did... to be clear it was not relevant. Again, speculate on whatever you like. Scifi authors have done this for some time, but I am here trying to discuss reality.

BTW, standing water does not move! Fluid dynamics is clear that liquids take the shape of their containers and lay flat on top. Gasses on the other hand will do their best in an infinite amount of directions to fill their containers.

The ocean's physical barrier we call land and I'm not missing anything. I am aware of what is to referred to as a pressure gradient where the less dense material will sit above the more dense material. This should be no surprise, nor does it change the fact that gas pressure - any gas pressure at all - requires a containers!

You quoted a post about stars NOT being Suns followed by a physics professor explaining the obvious about what happens when a pressurized system has even one small hole in it. I can't for the life of me figure out what this has to do with balloons, nor did I mention that.

View attachment 106568
Lol, land isn’t the interaction I was talking about.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

it was your own post; how high are you?

I got some great video of Sirius tonight:

Stars are not Suns and gas pressure requires a container.

We don't need a college professor to tell us this, nor do we need the 2nd law of thermodynamics to know this! What happens when you pop a balloon?

No grand conspiracy... just actual science.

atdabeach

Nep status
Jan 25, 2021
it was your own post; how high are you?
Haha... OK, a tad...

Look, I've been designing experiments lately and have been on this thing about high altitude balloons that keep popping at the "googled" altitude, the 22+ miles that we have all seen, and beyond. Sorry.

That said, the balloon example where all of us know what happens when it pops has everything to do with it. We are really talking about what is known as the 2nd law of thermodynamics. Again, laws in normal every day society can be broken and are constantly. But, physical laws cannot be broken.... EVER!

So, back to the never answered question... and I'll be more specific for you. What is the antecedent for gas pressure... with a gradient or not? We all know it is a container. We all know it must have walls. Otherwise, the gaseous substance would have nothing to bounce off of and the gas itself, simply would not exist.

And we sure as sh!t know that rockets could never travel through it.

Again, this is common sense - it is absolutely intuitive - and none of us here require a professor to explain this:

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
PSI or pounds per square inch.....

Question....where are the square inches of the container in space.....

Ummm....yeah....if you could just point out where the square inches are....

And as atthebeach said....it's basic physics....per that Law....there would be zero gas pressure on the surface of the earth.....as the whole system would seek equilibrium...